• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bob Lazar was he ever at area 51?

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
I think the guy has made up most of his story but he did pass a lie detector test didn't he, my gut tells me that he may of been at area 51 even if it was only as a janitor putting the hoover over the saucer floor instead of the scientist working on it, someone has to clean up even at a top secret base.

Both Knapp and Friedman make great points about Lazar. To me it's one of those issues where the arrows of evidence point both ways. However, the evidence he's full of shit weigh more than the more supportive stuff in my opinion. There's still a little mystery with Lazar. I remain a little open that there may be a kernel of truth there. It's nothing I care to twist anyone's arm over though. I can understand why someone would completely throw Lazar out. I just hate having loose ends. And there's still a little bit of that.

I think I agree, the truth is somewhere between Knapp and Friedman's views, I think lazar was at area 51 for some reason myself, but I think it is more likely that he was at best a lab assistant and at worst something like a janitor there.

The truth can be erased by Intelligence Officials. People never remember that the CIA has the truth and most likely we dont have a clue.

I believe his story, but its so compartmentalized that he saw very little.

I believe his story because of one thing. He informed us about Element 115 before it was discovered decades later. As a janitor, how did he know of Element 155 and its properties before it was discovered.

Rohn

rohnds said:
I believe his story because of one thing. He informed us about Element 115 before it was discovered decades later. As a janitor, how did he know of Element 155 and its properties before it was discovered.

Rohn

I was a janitor once, and knew physics...

115 half life is not long enough to be fuel in ways Lazar states. It doesn't last long enough. If you are one to hang your belief upon one thing, why single out that, and not the facts that prove him a liar? That's favortism.

I will give him a mark about 115. Stanton Friedman was apparently wrong. Friedman said it couldn't exist if I remember correctly.

Lavarat said:
The truth can be erased by Intelligence Officials. People never remember that the CIA has the truth and most likely we dont have a clue.

I believe his story, but its so compartmentalized that he saw very little.

What evidence is there that the CIA can erase memories? Or better yet, does?

rohnds said:

Rohn

The janitor bit was just a joke, I think the guy was there but I don't think he was the great scientist he claims he was, why he was there and what his role there was I don't know, but I don't believe all the stories Lazar likes to tell.

Uncle Stan's argument about the impossibility of erasing ALL records of Lazar's college attendence is 100% imho. As for the element 115 bit, any joker could look up a periodic table and add a few numbers onto the last one found to that date. That physicists were trying to create further elements was hardly a black world secret. That 115 when discoverd had absolutely none of the properties atributed by Lazar is further proof that he's full of it.

On the other hand, I heard Rich Dolan describing good video of unknowns flying in the area... anyone know of these vids?

Don Keyhotee said:
Uncle Stan's argument about the impossibility of erasing ALL records of Lazar's college attendence is 100% imho. As for the element 115 bit, any joker could look up a periodic table and add a few numbers onto the last one found to that date. That physicists were trying to create further elements was hardly a black world secret. That 115 when discoverd had absolutely none of the properties atributed by Lazar is further proof that he's full of it.

On the other hand, I heard Rich Dolan describing good video of unknowns flying in the area... anyone know of these vids?

I have seen some interesting vids over Area 51 yes.

One vid was taken with Lazar present, and even shown on one of Stan's vids. However, that vid didn't impress me.

Lazar lived in Vegas for years. He probably knew someone who had previously worked at the base and told him a few details. Thus he knew enough to fool Knapp. The guy doesn’t have even the most basic concepts of physics and appears to be a remorseless liar.

I can talk about football at a former high school players understanding, but I wouldn’t hold a candle to a professional. I can tell the world I played for a pro team and even show some doctored photo of me in a uniform. That doesn’t make it real. No matter how many times I tell it.

Polygraphs work only on physiological idiosyncrasies. If, as I believe, Lazar is a pathological liar then these idiosyncrasies would be very slight to non-existent. Polygraphs are not that accurate to begin with. Throw a person with this disorder in and the test means nothing.

Read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_liar

If that doesn’t sound like Lazar, your not paying attention.

The janitor bit was just a joke, I think the guy was there but I don't think he was the great scientist he claims he was, why he was there and what his role there was I don't know, but I don't believe all the stories Lazar likes to tell.

if the CIA does mess with these peoples memories , maybe they implanted him with memories of being a janitor but hey its all just stories and speculation

I notice some of your comments and it seems you may be new to the field and just now getting into Bob Lazar. Trust me everyone at first thinks it must be all made up but? Once you spend more time digging into it and not just googling it you will find there is actually a good case that Bob Lazar is real.

I don't know what to think. On the one hand, I tend to trust George Knapp's instincts. But how can we not locate a single person Lazar went to college with? And it seems like Lazar can't remember any classmates either, which strikes me as bizarre to the point of either a) memory issues, perhaps instigated by CIA, etc.; or, 2) evidence of complete fraud.

The other thing that I may not be remembering correctly myself, is that Lazar claims only to have been out to Area 51 a few times himself, and was always called out somewhat randomly, i.e., he didn't board the plane every morning in Vegas. This always struck me as very odd. Isn't a laboratory run somewhat more efficiently than this? And would they really show the "saucer" and the binder detailing recovered craft, our various contacts with aliens, etc., to someone who's only been out there a few times? Is there no probationary period before revealing all the big secrets?

Does anyone else remember how many times Lazar actually claims to have been at Area 51? Heck, maybe "they" are working on my mind! ;)

Reasons Bob Lazar is the real deal:

Bob took Knapp into Los Alamos Facility and everyone inside were friends with Bob as Knapp walked into a lab were he worked. I think you need to work there to do that.

Some of you may be on your first week in UFO research and you do not know that:

George Knapp found a yearbook from Los Alamos with Bob Lazar in it.

Bob Lazar accurately predicted the time and place they were going to test a Disc at Area 51
When people arrived the Disc flew at the time and place Bob said they would.
I do not think a janitor would know when the test was going to be THERE IS VIDEO OF IT ALSO

Edward Teller is the person who according to the story recruited Bob to work at S-4
Edward Teller was asked about this years later, he said "there is truth to his story yes I know Bob but I will not talk about it"

I do not think Teller would say that if your newbies theory was true.

Knapp has talked to dozens of other people from Area 51 more than a dozen, they all confirm Bobs story.

If you are trying to learn from google and wikipedia you will never get to the bottom of it.

Talk to George Knapp or read his research if you want to find out the real details

Reasons Bob Lazar is the real deal:

Some of you may be on your first week in UFO research and you do not know that:

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

i have read all of knapp's books. i have listened to almost all of his interviews for the past several years, including the episode where Binnall was interviewing him. my questions remain. your condescension is duly noted. (and is it any wonder the irreplaceable David Biedny took a hiatus from this stuff?)

Edward Teller is the person who according to the story recruited Bob to work at S-4
Edward Teller was asked about this years later, he said "there is truth to his story yes I know Bob but I will not talk about it"

Are you sure about this quote? Really sure?

I think Teller acknowledged Lazar's existence by refusing to talk about him and walking away from Knapp (or Friedman) in a huff. Now that might be suggestive to you...who knows? However, if Lazar was indeed a pathological liar and he'd been name-checking Teller...how else would the guy react?

Teller's like science royalty, but the only evidence that he managed to get Lazar a job is Lazar's word for it...

Who really knows as people have a cloak of personality in the spot light and in the 'GREY' world of covert projects only PTB have the keys to open the truth behind the closed door:)

Ja Love,
Blfish

I've gone back and forth on what I think about Bob Lazar over the years. My first impression was that he was telling the complete truth as he knew it. Then, as things progressed I wondered if he wasn't (willingly or unwillingly) part of a disinformation or information control operation.

One of the sticky points for me is that if he is telling the unvarnished truth then he is evidence of a total security bungle. The security forces for the most secret place in the world failed initially to properly evaluate Lazar as a security risk and then failed to properly contain the situation after he went public. His association with John Lear casts him in a suspicious light as well.

In the end though when you listen to the guy he "sounds" believable, however that isn't really worth that much is it? I had a guy in the late 70s tell me that he worked at the "US saucer base" in the desert (no one was talking about Area 51 then) during the 60s while in the Army where "they chased the UFOs in our own flying saucers but couldn't catch them." He was a religious "fanatic" (I'm being kind, believe me) and claimed to be totally devoted to the truth, but it is difficult to tell with some folks.

Back