• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bob Bigelow Bought MUFON ??

You make a good point pin. Ron Pandolfi isn't following the world of master chefs or organic gardeners, etc, he's been following the world of ufology. To some extent-----the spooky government agent paranoia has been true. I just wish some of these skepticgeeks wouldn't get -carried away- about that stuff.
This morning I was listening to a terrestrial am radio talk show, general genre, and this woman called up and complained that the History Channel discredited itself in her view, by running "all this ufo" sillyness. This person is a citizen from out of the general human population out there. It showed me that paid ufo agents are asleep at the switch. Everyone is supposed to be knowing and appreciating that ufos are real ET space ships.
It's too bad ufology couldn't have plodded along as a stodgy pursuit, with careful pragmatic minds at the helm.
It's easy to go after a 'source A', but if the US government's Department Of Defense decides to implement an agenda,....
whatever.gif

c'mon decker nicap was bung-holed by the CIA why not MUFON? the best way to keep a secret it just put right out in front of every one.and the best part is the CMS data based is bieng investigated for the goverment for free!!!!!

Why intelligence agencies would find it necessary to infiltrate a tiny (3,000 members in a country of 300 million), broke organization that unsuccessfully promotes a subject the average person considers to be a joke is beyond me.

Why intelligence agencies would find it necessary to infiltrate a tiny (3,000 members in a country of 300 million), broke organization that unsuccessfully promotes a subject the average person considers to be a joke is beyond me.

Why, for fun of course. Overthrowing governments, political assassinations, and drug running just don't have the zing it used to:)

c'mon decker nicap was bung-holed by the CIA why not MUFON? the best way to keep a secret it just put right out in front of every one.and the best part is the CMS data based is bieng investigated for the goverment for free!!!!!

Duh, don't believe I said they weren't. What I did do was suggest ... perhaps what is the case is small minded-ness and mean spirted-ness. Maybe. Or maybe something else. I don't know .... do you? And more importantly, can you prove it?

Decker

you first. i have already responded to one pm already.
quite the short attention span. if you think i'm going to just shit everything out in an open forum your sadly mistaken and very nieve. ah well. atleast some of on this thread know who bother to take the time to find out. im bored too. have a nice day.

quite the short attention span. if you think i'm going to just shit everything out in an open forum your sadly mistaken and very nieve. ah well. atleast some of on this thread know who bother to take the time to find out. im bored too. have a nice day.

Well, you spell like someone in the know. I also have it on good authority that those on the inside tend to quote themselves. Anyone not believe me? Just send me a PM and if ya' massage my ego enough I might dick ya' around for about 14 months. :)

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

-- Lao-Tzu

"to love, respect, help, encourage, and consult each other"

Chou -En -Lai

" Then who so will with vertuosus deeds assay
To mount to heaven, on Pegasus must ride,
And with sweete Poets verse be glorified"

Spenser : Ruines of Time

Since the disbanding of “NIDS” in 2004 Mr. Bigelow has not been afforded a solid platform to collect data from. Since Mufon’s inception in 1969 with a proven track record, it was a good candidate for acquisition . The main players at Mufon could have easily said “no thanks”. Most anyone who has read anything about Robert Bigelow knows how business savvy he is (not to mention deep pockets). If not for the purchase & studies at the “ranch”, there would still only be vague Indian lore. Which by the way he didn’t have to share with anyone. Mr. Bigelow knows just how valuable an asset Mufon is, and hopefully treats it in that manner in which it was intended.

Since the disbanding of “NIDS” in 2004 Mr. Bigelow has not been afforded a solid platform to collect data from. Since Mufon’s inception in 1969 with a proven track record, it was a good candidate for acquisition . The main players at Mufon could have easily said “no thanks”. Most anyone who has read anything about Robert Bigelow knows how business savvy he is (not to mention deep pockets). If not for the purchase & studies at the “ranch”, there would still only be vague Indian lore. Which by the way he didn’t have to share with anyone. Mr. Bigelow knows just how valuable an asset Mufon is, and hopefully treats it in that manner in which it was intended.

He wasn't planning on continuing MUFON or investing it it future. He wanted exclusive access to the data. I personally penned no less than 3 appeals to MUFON for API level access to that data. You can find a few threads on it in the archives. I Sent a similar request for help to Ken Cherry, MUFON Texas State director at the time. He was kind enough to tell me that Bigelow was afforded the access but no way I or anyone else would.

Bigelow is out and done with MUFON. He has his data and that was all he really cared about. Honestly, it kind of sucks. MUFON was supposed to be a transparent organization. Again, shortsightedness dooms another UFO organization. Perhaps Bigelow will do something with the data. I hope he does. It would be a shame for all that to go down the tubes. But man, would it have been nice to try some data mining and correlative analysis with that database. It really could have netted some good data. Perhaps a few answers and more interesting questions. Such a damn shame.

Why would Mr. Bigelow pay $672,000.00 for Mufon & it’s data when there were at least 9,000 recorded cases on CD’s which he could simply purchase. Don’t be too discouraged because Im certain there’s a few of those CD’s still around somewhere. In viewing one of James Carrion’s interviews he mentions the aspect of data mining to shed insight into potential patterns related to the phenomena. Its obvious that Mr. Bigelow needs the data for that reason. I see some serious Q & A on the horizon
He wasn't planning on continuing MUFON or investing it it future. He wanted exclusive access to the data. I personally penned no less than 3 appeals to MUFON for API level access to that data. You can find a few threads on it in the archives. I Sent a similar request for help to Ken Cherry, MUFON Texas State director at the time. He was kind enough to tell me that Bigelow was afforded the access but no way I or anyone else would.

Bigelow is out and done with MUFON. He has his data and that was all he really cared about. Honestly, it kind of sucks. MUFON was supposed to be a transparent organization. Again, shortsightedness dooms another UFO organization. Perhaps Bigelow will do something with the data. I hope he does. It would be a shame for all that to go down the tubes. But man, would it have been nice to try some data mining and correlative analysis with that database. It really could have netted some good data. Perhaps a few answers and more interesting questions. Such a damn shame.

Well, you spell like someone in the know. I also have it on good authority that those on the inside tend to quote themselves. Anyone not believe me? Just send me a PM and if ya' massage my ego enough I might dick ya' around for about 14 months. :)

wickerman your right. when you reply using your blackberry and NOT using your reading glasses........well you can see the results. but to use spelling as a bench mark of knowing anything shows your own ignorance and maturity. as an aside did you know that albert Einstien had to have his clothes laid out. why? because" he would just throw anything on and it made him look like a fool." the quote is from his wife. and my ego doesnt need to be massage but you may massage something. :) have a nice day...........

Why would Mr. Bigelow pay $672,000.00 for Mufon & it’s data when there were at least 9,000 recorded cases on CD’s which he could simply purchase. Don’t be too discouraged because Im certain there’s a few of those CD’s still around somewhere. In viewing one of James Carrion’s interviews he mentions the aspect of data mining to shed insight into potential patterns related to the phenomena. Its obvious that Mr. Bigelow needs the data for that reason. I see some serious Q & A on the horizon

9,000 cases. Thats it? The organization was founded May 30, 1969. That is 42 years of sighting reports. 9,000 cases is nothing. That averages out to be about 214 cases per year. MUFON collects well over 100 cases per month. There should be over 50,000 cases. Probably more in the neighborhood of 70 or 80k. Thats the rub. nobody knows for sure. You need to understand that Bigelow didn't just buy a database. He bought information. All the information.

Purchase from Seller field investigation services and all information and material derived from those services, including, but not limited to: Physical evidence, signature information from detection devices (including third-party witness photographs, film, data from detection devices, ground or air-derived radar data from FAA or other sources, and satellite data), ground disturbance site information and evidence including photographs and other material including effects on humans, foliage, trees, soil, fauna and insects, photographs of casts of footprints, film, any other photographs, electronic information, interview transcripts, any testimony, including recordings (audio, video,
stenographic, etc.) of first-hand accounts and observations, as well as any other item that may be recovered from prior, present, and future field investigations, submitted by MUFON which shall be hereinafter referred to as the "Product " Buyer is only obligated to return original case files, photos and audio recordings to Seller providing there is a written agreement to return such property belonging to Seller or other established ownerships.

He paid $672,000 for 41 years of data and evidence collection. He bought an entire research project. He got everything. AND, he only had to return "original case files, photos and audio recordings". Seriously, have you read this contract? Do even remotely understand what just happened here?

Yep......I wish I had Bigelow's attorneys. That's what you call "ironclad boilerplate". I find #14-A interesting.
9,000 cases. Thats it? The organization was founded May 30, 1969. That is 42 years of sighting reports. 9,000 cases is nothing. That averages out to be about 214 cases per year. MUFON collects well over 100 cases per month. There should be over 50,000 cases. Probably more in the neighborhood of 70 or 80k. Thats the rub. nobody knows for sure. You need to understand that Bigelow didn't just buy a database. He bought information. All the information.

He paid $672,000 for 41 years of data and evidence collection. He bought an entire research project. He got everything. AND, he only had to return "original case files, photos and audio recordings". Seriously, have you read this contract? Do even remotely understand what just happened here?

makes sense if you buy into the theory that the alien tech is partialy in the "corporate" domain of defence contractors. Maybe he justed wanted "in".not bieng a propulsion expert by anny strech; maybe experts can deduce by evidence whats bieng used?

Back