• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bishop, Bosley - May 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where youre coming from lance. I happen to disagree on most of points, especially the idea that interviewing a guy like Walter brings the show closer to C2C. After hearing all of Walters shows with Greg I accept the idea that he is on a personal quest for knowledge. Like Greg i dont buy all of what he says. I find all if not most of it very interesting.

I truly dont think hes making shit up for attention. But thats just my opinion.

I cant remember what my initial reaction was when I first heard Walter, if it happened to be the other night on the Paracast Im almost positive I would be highly suspicious of the guy.

I didn't like the way he kept saying at the end that you can chose to believe he's crazy, and the bizarre laughter towards the end of the interview, that seemed "off." Perhaps he has seen or heard these things he claims, but all you have is his word, and that's really not enough for most people. They're nice stories though.

I'm not sure if Walter Bosley has a Forum account. If he does, perhaps he can answer this question directly. If not, perhaps Greg Bishop can pass it on.

Can you name one F.B.I. Field Office that you were assigned to or acted as a consultant to throughout your career? Just one...

He was at the Los Angeles office. I checked into that one indepenedently.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I understand where youre coming from lance. I happen to disagree on most of points, especially the idea that interviewing a guy like Walter brings the show closer to C2C. After hearing all of Walters shows with Greg I accept the idea that he is on a personal quest for knowledge. Like Greg i dont buy all of what he says. I find all if not most of it very interesting.

I truly dont think hes making shit up for attention. But thats just my opinion.

I cant remember what my initial reaction was when I first heard Walter, if it happened to be the other night on the Paracast Im almost positive I would be highly suspicious of the guy.

I know him and I'm biased, but I could see how people would say the things they've said on the forum so far.

By the way, I did not co-author the Latitude 33 book. I did some minor editing on Walter's manuscript. He put my name on the cover since I suggested the original idea in a conversation we were having on my show.

An interesting episode indeed. My take is this; I don't buy into remote viewing. I don't buy into ley lines even though I'm told one runs straight through the center of my state and the city I live in. Being more on the ghost hunter side of things, I've looked into ley lines a little bit but find no true validity to them. I was told (by someone who was able to maintain a straight face) that because of the ley line that splits our state, we are a hub for paranormal activity and UFO sightings. I was told by this same individual that we've been the focus and center of alien and spirit activity for hundreds of years, right where I live. In my own investigations I can say that this is complete and utter bull crap. Back to the episode...I also don't believe in the ability to "sense" entities, especially when no one else in the area does, either.

Now, despite my disbelief in remote viewing and ley lines, I do think that Mr. Bosley had some experiences he holds to be truly paranormal. That's not to say they were. For instance, the life-altering event when he was 16 where he felt almost possessed or at least that his body was shared. Heck, that type of feeling could be caused by a hormone imbalance say, within a teenager going through quite a few changes, developmentally. His believe in these topics and in what he thinks may have occurred to him do not make me question the fact that he was also in the FBI, however nor does being in the FBI make his stories and experiences any more credible in my opinion. Here's why: take a psychological test and (if you're indeed a Christian) answer "Yes" to the question "Do you believe in Jesus." This Yes answer strikes you into the domain of psychotic in that you have lost touch with reality, however how many Christians are employed and in active duty within the FBI? Of Walter's level or higher? If being a Christian wouldn't exclude you from active, top secret (or above) clearance within the FBI, why would the belief in remote viewing or psychic ability exclude you? The grand majority of what Walter said within the "far out" realm can easily be chalked up as religious or theological paradigm, and though I don't believe it at all, that's not to say there's nothing wrong with Walter, or anybody else believing it.

In the end, I think Walter would be an interesting character to sit down and have a drink with. I'm with Mr. Bishop: I wouldn't believe most of what he talked about, but it would still be a great experience.

I think there needs to be some consistency or "fairness" in how public figures in the field are assessed. People crack down hard on Richard Dolan, for example, for not being able to support some of his claims. Granted, he is more "public" in his profile than many, and indeed, he should be subject to constructive criticism, in the right way. Bosley makes statements all over the map regarding the paranormal, some of which are 'several steps beyond' what Dolan makes, and generally provides less proof. This is not a defense of Dolan, or a particular critique of Bosley, just an observation that we need to be more consistent in how we view the participants in the field.

n.b., Another public figure that seems to escape the level of scrutiny that Dolan faces is Timothy Good.

n.b., Another public figure that seems to escape the level of scrutiny that Dolan faces is Timothy Good.

I probably agree with that sentiment. I kinda like Timothy Good ... but ... he does seem to have a lot of anonymous sources. So either he's making it up or he's being led up a very twisty-turny garden path. As always with these things it maybe somewhere in between.

I probably agree with that sentiment. I kinda like Timothy Good ... but ... he does seem to have a lot of anonymous sources. So either he's making it up or he's being led up a very twisty-turny garden path. As always with these things it maybe somewhere in between.

This is the problem with this stuff. Researchers often claim to have confidential sources, and they have a perfect right to protect them. At the same time, we have a right to be skeptical and seek information from independent sources to confirm or deny the claims.

Timothy Good in my opinion has truly lost it, I think being in the field too long have effected his mind. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but listening to him on the Paracast a year or two ago, he literally sounding like a madman. He was talking about how he was sat in a hotel lobby or something, and he thought that the man who sat down next to him could have been an Alien. So he mentally tried to get the man to give him a sign that he was an alien. The bloke scratched his nose or something and Timothy took that to mean that the guy was an Alien.

Might not exactly be how the story went but near enough. Anyone who is doing that sort of thing needs a break from the topic if you ask me.

Hmm... I didn't buy anything the guest said.

Has his background possibly been confirmed by anyone with documentation?

Very much enjoyed Greg as guest host.

It's a short step from this kind of show to Coast to Coast, IMHO.

Lance

Count me in that camp. The guy reminded me uncomfortably of John Lear, including the "impressive" background with intel connections.

Just because someone worked for the intelligence world, worked for the military, holds a high academic degree, or has done something great in one area in the past does not mean they cannot be nuts, especially in areas outside of their areas of interest/expertise.

I have to admit, the whole "I come up with a theory and then look for evidence" sounds really really ominous coming from someone with a background in intelligence! Iraqi WMDs anyone?

Ditto the Toast to Toast reference too. If The Paracast wants to compete with C2C, it should do so by being better than C2C... not just more entertaining but also more informative and intellectually superior. That's what drew me to it in the first place. It was the only show to ever approach this fascinating stuff as something other than just BS entertainment and actually try to tease out the reality underlying these stories and cases.

Please!!! The next time anyone spots a "Godess" on a mountain side please take a picture! ( or at least get her phone number! ::))

Seriously, can anyone in the field now talk s**t without proof and expect paracast listeners (or anyone for that matter) to believe it.

Stuff like this is pure fiction and should be treated as such, why we let it muddy up the already murky waters is beyond me.

... He was talking about how he was sat in a hotel lobby or something, and he thought that the man who sat down next to him could have been an Alien. So he mentally tried to get the man to give him a sign that he was an alien. The bloke scratched his nose or something and Timothy took that to mean that the guy was an Alien.

Might not exactly be how the story went but near enough. Anyone who is doing that sort of thing needs a break from the topic if you ask me ...

Hoffmeister, thats a really really old story. I heard him relate that story on a British radio programme in the late 1980s. I have no idea whether or not its true or not (how can anyone say if it is or not?) but I remember it scared and thrilled the hell out of me at the time :D (i was far more sensitive back then).

But since then I've heard the odd interview with him but I can't bring myself to read any of his books. This is simply because he never refers to anyone he can actually name. Its as I said always anonymous people in some way or other. So you really have to take his writings with a very large hill (or even small continent) of salt.

Walter will be back, and Freemasonry will be discussed on future episodes, perhaps with him and/or other guests.

Splendid! As a freemason myself and fan of the Paracast I will listen to those episodes with great interest. Though I am curious how it will be slotted into the context of a show that deals with the paranormal. We may be eccentric but we're not paranormal!

Gene, let me know if I can offer any help with research material :)

Splendid! As a freemason myself and fan of the Paracast I will listen to those episodes with great interest. Though I am curious how it will be slotted into the context of a show that deals with the paranormal. We may be eccentric but we're not paranormal!

Gene, let me know if I can offer any help with research material :)

Said with immense sarcasm: Of course you would say something like that when you're part of the organization that rules the world!!! :)

Excuse me. I liked the hell out of the interview and I liked Bosley. Enjoyed everyone’s participation, in fact.

Also felt a large degree of empathy of Walter’s telling of his experiences. He seemed to get wound up in the telling, anticipating just the reaction he seems to be getting, and brave enough to continue. Kudos to him. It ain't easy being green.

All experience is subjective so a Goddess to Bosley might be an alien to the next guy. Why on earth an alien is more acceptable than a Goddess is simply a cultural phenomenon of our times. (Hey! Give me a current myth to deal with!)

But maybe someone who has been educated in cultural significance from historical perspective will might very well have a greater perspective because phenomena seem to be linked throughout history. I think Bosley’s book-of-experience may be larger than his audience is willing to explore. Shame, that.

I’m currently reading Robert Moss’ Dreamways of The Iroquois. Due to his experiences, yes, most of them in dreams and which translated to real life confirmation, he had to learn the history of the Iroquois as well as their cultural myths.

In another book I’m learning of the myths of the Aborigines, whose subtle differences from Native Americans are not significant. Native cultures the world over share the same mythic experiences wherein the characters only change faces. All share the same wisdom as taught by Eastern thought. Connect the dots even if the faces appear to differentiate.

Looks like this crowd isn’t really into Mac Tonnies‘ The Cryptoterrestrials either. It’s a masterpiece if one is willing to open his mind to the possibility that there are things we will never understand. But the exploration of mysteries opens worlds not common to those who don’t want to be fooled. Dare to be fooled.

End of rant.

Awesome entertaining episode Gene and also congrats on the syndication. I hope it's the start of lots of good things for you.

I remain pretty skeptical of Walter but like his attitude for the most part. Some thoughts i had listening:

- is his uncle, mentor, still alive and available for an interview?
- is the link to his Disney book somewhere someone can share? BTW - listened to Tim Binnall's interview w Walter specifically on this Disney subject which was good
- lots of mystery to what Walter said that I guess we'll have to wait to understand. I'd really be curious what Biedny would think of the guy if the two sat down together given their wealth of strange experiences but seemingly one guy seems to feel he's coming closer to some cosmic truth and the other seems increasingly frustrated. I dare to suggest if it might be therapeutic for Biedny if the guy is at all credible?
- not sure I understand what Walter means when saying something like we don't deserve the truth until we've earned it - how does one do that? I think man of us on these forums have open minds. What makes him so different from many of us?

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I thought the conversation was engaging and interesting. I also felt a little bit like a swimmer getting swept away by the rip tide.

It seemed to me that Mr. Boseley's story would be better suited to The Disclosure Project mindset than to The Paracast. He laid a foundation of who he is, and what he's done in his, then proceeded to go from the believable second-hand story to some interesting but loosely correlated coincidences and then moved on to the incredible.

I'm not saying that I didn't find his stories interesting, nor the man himself unlikeable. In fact it's just the opposite. I was fascinated and enthralled. I felt like I should have been sitting next to a campfire during the entire episode, toasting marshmallows and watching the skies for shooting stars.

I'd like to ask Mr. Boseley if he could get his friend to corroborate the encounter with "Alfred" in Disneyland. If there was anyone else present when he saw his "goddess."

Bosley smells like total BULLSHIT to me. Sounds like a fucking kid telling camp fire stories.
Has ANYONE vetted his 'career' in the FBI, OSI?

Bosley smells like total BULLSHIT to me. Sounds like a fucking kid telling camp fire stories.
Has ANYONE vetted his 'career' in the FBI, OSI?

You could easily answer that question by reading just this thread alone.

Walter will be back, and Freemasonry will be discussed on future episodes, perhaps with him and/or other guests.

Well..as a Freemason I can tell you that '33' has no particular significant meaning. But, then again, I'm not much into esoteric topics either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back