• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bill Chalker - Oct 11, 2009

Gareth

Nothin' to see here
Thought I would make a thread because something I just heard concerns me a little.

Bill said that this guy was taking Panadeine Forte for pain. For anyone that doesnt know PF has 30mg of codeine. Believe me when I say these things are pretty strong... 3 of those and a beer will put you on your butt for a couple hours:D

Aaaaaanyway.... hallucinating on codeine?

Doesnt seem to be totally un-heard of.

Say this guy drops his wife at the station, gets home and is feeling kinda lousy... thinks "what the hell" and drops 6 PF tablets and goes back to bed. Could that cause an incredibly vivid/lucid dream experience? Especially at that time where he might have potentially been in that sleepy state you get in in the mornings and have those really vivid dreams.

Just putting it out there. It concerns me a little.

(Sorry if this was brought up on the show, Im only just after the hour break where Bill starts the story)

I wanted to say too that I'm having an incredibly hard time understanding Bill. Despite being Australian myself.

Haven't heard the show yet, Gareth. However, Panadeine Forte are just the same as co-codamol in the UK - 30 mg of codeine, 500 mg of paracetamol (acetaminophen). Anyone who takes 6 at once is dicing with liver failure and death - maximum dose is 8 over a 24 hour period.

I've taken co-codamol at the same time as tramadol and diclofenac, for pain management - no hallucinations. Plenty of nausea, drowsiness and other physical side-effects, yes. However, what this combination of medication did, during the short time I had to take it, was give me very lucid and frightening dreams. So you may be on to something.

Haven't heard the show yet, Gareth. However, Panadeine Forte are just the same as co-codamol in the UK - 30 mg of codeine, 500 mg of paracetamol (acetaminophen). Anyone who takes 6 at once is dicing with liver failure and death - maximum dose is 8 over a 24 hour period.

I've taken co-codamol at the same time as tramadol and diclofenac, for pain management - no hallucinations. Plenty of nausea, drowsiness and other physical side-effects, yes. However, what this combination of medication did, during the short time I had to take it, was give me very lucid and frightening dreams. So you may be on to something.
Just as you say - that's way too much to take in one go.

Ok cool. Knowing that it seems pretty unlikely he would have been hallucinating then.

After hearing the rest of the show it's clear that the physical evidence us what's interesting here anyway.

Bill said in the interview, he got Physical evidence from Peter Khoury in the form of a hair sample, now you either going to take his word for it or you don't? Peter, has had experiences, long before this encounter and seemly after, and i can not see, how an ordinary guy from Australia in the 1990's would be able to produce a hair, with such unique DNA Properties within the Hair sample. In the Basque region of Spain, i think you find it very hard even today to find someone who would have Gaelic/ Basque DNA, not impossible, but very rare.

I think Bill is going about it in the right way.He has completed three stages... Two stages are completed with the hair testing... The third was to go and find people who have this rare Mongol/type DNA... this has led him to China and Thailand... and the final stage is looking for other Groups around the world with similar Rare DNA properties.

I think Bill is a credible researcher, and i wish him all the best with his future work.

I read HAIR OF THE ALIEN and found it really interesting.

Sadly, the audio quality was poor, and I found it hard to understand Bill's voice. Was it SKYPE?

I read HAIR OF THE ALIEN and found it really interesting.

Sadly, the audio quality was poor, and I found it hard to understand Bill's voice. Was it SKYPE?

I found the audio quality decent enough, but struggled to interpret what the guest was saying through that thick Aussie outback accent. I have the same problem when listening to a South African Afrikaans speaker trying to communicate in colloquial English. A good example would be the lead actor in District 9; he was almost as incomprehensible to me as the aliens would have been without subtitles.
"Gitcha ace inna broody kah!"
Huh?

Sorry to change the subject but here's a link to those skies over Sydney mentioned at the front of the show.
Must watch the video at the bottom of the page.

http://www.quick-tech-news.com/2009/09/crazy-red-sky-in-sydney-australia.html

Besides that I enjoyed listening to Bill and would definitely like to hear more from him.
I wasn't aware there were other people besides Kelly Cahill involved at the time of her abduction, must read more. To bad they haven't been interviewed. I would also like to know more about aboriginal beliefs and experiences with all this.

Mark

Thought I would make a thread because something I just heard concerns me a little.

Bill said that this guy was taking Panadeine Forte for pain. For anyone that doesnt know PF has 30mg of codeine. Believe me when I say these things are pretty strong... 3 of those and a beer will put you on your butt for a couple hours:D

Aaaaaanyway.... hallucinating on codeine?

Doesnt seem to be totally un-heard of.

Say this guy drops his wife at the station, gets home and is feeling kinda lousy... thinks "what the hell" and drops 6 PF tablets and goes back to bed. Could that cause an incredibly vivid/lucid dream experience? Especially at that time where he might have potentially been in that sleepy state you get in in the mornings and have those really vivid dreams.

Just putting it out there. It concerns me a little.

(Sorry if this was brought up on the show, Im only just after the hour break where Bill starts the story)

I wanted to say too that I'm having an incredibly hard time understanding Bill. Despite being Australian myself.

First of all I am unaware of codeine being a hallucinogen (If it is I am assuming that it happening is extremely rare.) and secondly how does that begin to explain the odd characteristics of the hair?

Tim Binnall interviewed Bill Chalker last year for like 3 hours. Bill talked a lot more about the Aboriginal stuff so you could track down that interview online.

I found the audio quality decent enough, but struggled to interpret what the guest was saying through that thick Aussie outback accent. I have the same problem when listening to a South African Afrikaans speaker trying to communicate in colloquial English. A good example would be the lead actor in District 9; he was almost as incomprehensible to me as the aliens would have been without subtitles.
"Gitcha ace inna broody kah!"
Huh?

lol the thing is Bill doesnt even have an "outback" accent. Nor does he have a thick Aussie accent. However he was really hard to understand on occasion. Like I said in the OP I even had trouble understanding Bill myself.

I think its more due to the way he speaks and his speaking style in general. For people not used to the Aussie accent Im sure it was even tougher, but believe me when I say it can get A LOOOT worse than that. And you will know an outback accent if you hear it, mostly because you're cringing the whole time.

I lived in Malaysia with my Dad for 6months when I was 18 and worked in over there too. I tried my best to 'neutralise' my accent because I found myself too self-conscious and embarrassed by the Aussie accent. Although mine has never been thick.

Sounded like too much noise reduction combined with a funky connection. I had a hard time understanding much of his dialog. It was a bit frustrating.

Oh, I thought it was just me, a not English native speaker :) I'm not sure if Mel Gibson could play a Hamlet role talking like that....

PS. I guess this is the case when you can hit the button '1/2 speed' on your iPod Touch / iPhone, maybe in a slower speed you'll understand more. I'm sorry I have to confess I play with this button a lot listening to the ad breaks LOL

Back