• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Biedny Uncensored

Gene Steinberg said:
Tony2013 said:
An easier, and much cheaper fix, would be to go to the Apple website, download iTunes, search for "Paracast" in the iTunes store, click Subscribe in the window in "Podcasts," wait a few minutes, and then listen.

Mac's are great. Love 'em. But Steve Jobs' biggest flaw has always been his ego and the correlation it has to the pricing of his products. Not that it doesn't stop loads of people from buying them.

This is a fact not commonly realized, because the tech pundits (of which I'm one in my other life) sometimes get it wrong.

Macs are actually competitively priced these days. If you compare the Mac feature-for-future against a front-line product from Dell, HP, or Lenovo, for example, the Mac is often priced just about the same. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. At the high end, in fact, the Mac Pro blows away the competition, including the Dell Precision Workstation, which is the closest Dell equivalent.

With a PC, you can shed features and make them cheaper, and that takes you to the budget boxes you buy at Wal-Mart, Costco, and Sam's Club. But those boxes won't run Windows Vista, or just barely, with the stripped-down Basic version.

On a Mac, every single model Apple sells is fully functional out of the box, and all run Mac OS X with great performance. With Mac OS X, there is a client version, and a server version. Period. Apple doesn't make loads of versions with lots of strange differences, or overcharge the OS if you want to upgrade.

As Steve said about Mac OS X, you pay $129 for the Basic version, $129 for the Ultimate version. It's all one, and fully equipped.

Eh, maybe you're right. Believe me, there is absolutely no comparing a Dell, or an HP, or Compaq, Acer, Lenovo, eMachine, or any other Windows-slop machine to the elegance and genius of an Apple. It's like comparing a McDonald's value meal with a Gordon Ramsey creation without all the swearing. And if I'm honest I'd have to admit that I would shell out the money for an Apple. In fact I probably will when my Dell goes down.

Whenever someone asks me about Vista (I'm a PC/IT tech), I tell them to stay far away.

wow, just finished listening to Jeremy's interview with David. Some excelent issues raised, should be made a required reading... er listening :)

A few specific points that interested me while listening. David said that his own and his family's Venezuela encounter with the cylinderical object was not their first or only encounter as a family. This got me wondering as to why this may be? Could it be that David and his family are more 'in tune' than most with whats going on around them? maybe they are just "fortunate/unfortunate" to be in the right place at the right time? Obviously in the Venezuela case it appears that thousands of people would have witnessed the event. But the one thing that could set those other witnesses apart is that for the majority its the one and only unexplainable experience they will ever have?

Its certainly true that most people are "blinkered" and more than happy to have TV news do the thinking for them..... obviously they are too busy 'living' their lives to think. I believe most people at some point in time will have an unexplainable event. Some will remember it forever, some will forget it instantly. But its the smart ones that question why, seek answers and not shrug their shoulders, pronounce it as "odd" and just slump back onto their sofa in front of the tv waiting for the next big fabricated distraction. This could also be why notable events simply do not reach main stream media, the majority of the population wouldnt find it anywhere near as sensational or newsworthy as a failing singer facing charges of a hit and run fender scuff in a car park..... At the very best, such things are normally relegated to the same news segment as skateboarding dogs and potato chips shaped like celebrities.

David also mentioned about the possible universal reasoning behind the events pushing himself and Jeff Ritzman together into a strong friendship. (incidently, imo shows with Jeff are among the best episodes of The Paracast, you guys cover some really interesting stuff). Maybe there are forces at work that bring paranormal events to people who are able to experience them and question their meaning. Perhaps these same forces bring people of the same belief system together too? It could also just be coincidence or me waffling I guess ;)

Ive been interested in the paranormal for as long as I can remember, but in the past year, due to health issues, ive been forced to take a different angle on life in general and adopt a slower pace. Its surprising how much more you notice when youre somewhat removed from the daily routine and actually have 'time' to think about the world in more detail.

Jeremy - awesome interview. It was great to hear you and David cut loose.

David - Thanks for really opening up and sharing your thoughts on Jeremy's podcast.

-todd.

Back