• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Biedny Uncensored

Paranormal Packrat said:
Do you have a system restore point that you can try? If you can recall listening to another show which worked recently, try that restore point.

Have you installed any new programs recently? You might have a conflict.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesnt appear to be the issue, i can still play other M4A files i have here, its just these ones that dont work for me..... is it a geographical thing perhaps, do i have to move to the US for these to work? ;)

im now going to try dancing naked around a triangle of lit candles placed on the floor.... wish me luck mwahaha

Frootloop said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Do you have a system restore point that you can try? If you can recall listening to another show which worked recently, try that restore point.

Have you installed any new programs recently? You might have a conflict.

Thanks for the reply, but it doesnt appear to be the issue, i can still play other M4A files i have here, its just these ones that dont work for me..... is it a geographical thing perhaps, do i have to move to the US for these to work? ;)

im now going to try dancing naked around a triangle of lit candles placed on the floor.... wish me luck mwahaha

Or perhaps Jeremy can provide a plain MP3 file, without the enhanced tags, so it would work. Jeremy? We do want as many people as possible to hear this interview.

Gene Steinberg said:
Frootloop said:
for goodness sake guys, get a room! ;) haha

Then we'd probably have a WWF-type brawl. :D

Now theres an idea.... how about a Ufology Celebrity Deathmatch? come to think of it, weve already had Streiber VS Pinchbeck haha

Celebritydeathmatch.jpg

I'm not sure what's going on here, but every time I come to the Paracast now, the last show automatically starts playing. While that's obviously great advertising (LOL) I've heard the show already!

Any suggestions?

Poi said:
I'm not sure what's going on here, but every time I come to the Paracast now, the last show automatically starts playing. While that's obviously great advertising (LOL) I've heard the show already!

Any suggestions?

I think thats normal, theres an aplet that plays the last podcast on the main page.

do you have a mute button? ;)

Frootloop said:
Poi said:

Any suggestions?

I think thats normal, theres an aplet that plays the last podcast on the main page.

do you have a mute button? ;)

Well, we have the QuickTime player embedded in our home page, and that's what it does. It plays the most recent episode automatically when you connect. Just click the stop button in the player window and it won't play anymore.

An easier, and much cheaper fix, would be to go to the Apple website, download iTunes, search for "Paracast" in the iTunes store, click Subscribe in the window in "Podcasts," wait a few minutes, and then listen.

Mac's are great. Love 'em. But Steve Jobs' biggest flaw has always been his ego and the correlation it has to the pricing of his products. Not that it doesn't stop loads of people from buying them.

Tony2013 said:
An easier, and much cheaper fix, would be to go to the Apple website, download iTunes, search for "Paracast" in the iTunes store, click Subscribe in the window in "Podcasts," wait a few minutes, and then listen.

Mac's are great. Love 'em. But Steve Jobs' biggest flaw has always been his ego and the correlation it has to the pricing of his products. Not that it doesn't stop loads of people from buying them.

This is a fact not commonly realized, because the tech pundits (of which I'm one in my other life) sometimes get it wrong.

Macs are actually competitively priced these days. If you compare the Mac feature-for-future against a front-line product from Dell, HP, or Lenovo, for example, the Mac is often priced just about the same. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. At the high end, in fact, the Mac Pro blows away the competition, including the Dell Precision Workstation, which is the closest Dell equivalent.

With a PC, you can shed features and make them cheaper, and that takes you to the budget boxes you buy at Wal-Mart, Costco, and Sam's Club. But those boxes won't run Windows Vista, or just barely, with the stripped-down Basic version.

On a Mac, every single model Apple sells is fully functional out of the box, and all run Mac OS X with great performance. With Mac OS X, there is a client version, and a server version. Period. Apple doesn't make loads of versions with lots of strange differences, or overcharge the OS if you want to upgrade.

As Steve said about Mac OS X, you pay $129 for the Basic version, $129 for the Ultimate version. It's all one, and fully equipped.

Frootloop said:
To be fair, with the advent of Vista, my next machine WILL be a mac im sure.

I don't want to have this thread devolve into platform wars.

We have that going on at our tech board, at www.technightowl.live/forums .

But I'll drop this one: It is a well known fact that Vista is, by and large, a huge train wreck. PC makers are offering customers the opportunity to "downgrade" or "sidegrade" to XP if they prefer. Microsoft may not like it, but it's still profit from them regardless.

Back