• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Biedny Convention.

T

Tommy Allison

I had this thought.

Why not have an unconventional convention?

Have a massive get together with David and Gene, people bring food, and booze, and we all sit outside, have a bonfire, and watch for UFO's?

It would beat the holy hell out of anything these other chumps are putting together, and on top of that, nobody would be paying a ton of cash to hear some moron sell them snake oil.

I've gotten to know David pretty well, and have had a lot of fun talking with him. I have to say without a doubt that I think that something like this would go over extremely well, and since it wouldn't really cost people money and because people would be free to speak their minds and have fun, it wouldn't be the standard fare that's out there.

The UFO community needs something like this, because there's far to much pomp and circumstance for a bunch of fools and con-men. Grassroots UFOLOGY.

Opinions? Speak your peace!

I suspect Gene and David have thought of this, but let me throw this out -- maybe organizing a more "conventional" convention of UFO speakers that Gene and David have in a sense "vetted" -- meaning that they aren't full of crap.

An intelligent UFO conference with intelligent speakers? How can this be? Dare we hope?

(Gee, the obvious trouble makers could be banned too -- to some degree, anyway.)

I'll tell you, I don't even think of going to UFO conferences, because of the drivel and stupidity I know I'll be running into. This could be a breath of fresh air.

A shame Mac Tonnies has left us. I would have enjoyed seeing him at something like this.

Have a massive get together with David and Gene, people bring food, and booze, and we all sit outside, have a bonfire, and watch for UFO's?
If ya'll wanna do it in Texas we can go hang out here. I watched one land on top of this hill. It's in a State Park, so camping spots are about 15 or 20 bucks.

Attachments

• garner-state-park.jpg
    garner-state-park.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 49
I dont get it. Everyones out in a field watching for UFOs together? (while eating & drinking)

Sounds a bit woo-woo:D

If ya'll wanna do it in Texas we can go hang out here. I watched one land on top of this hill. It's in a State Park, so camping spots are about 15 or 20 bucks.

I think Wisconsin in the summertime would be a better location ... God I LOVE this state!!!!!!

DSC00572.jpg
photo_lg_wisconsin.jpg

3804347756_ba4bd540cd.jpg
3068313764_3c111d6d59.jpg

If we're gonna stay in a state park check out this crazy report from a camper at Anza Borrego State Park in California.
The light was getting closer to the trail next to his tent. He immediately ducked down and laid low in his tent scared. He then peeked out of the tent and saw 12 to 15 humanoid figures that looked like people, but some were extremely tall and the rest were really very short with large bald heads. The tall figures appeared to be wearing white cloak-like outfits and the short figures appeared to be naked. Terrified and his heart pounding Jeremy watched the beings walk very gracefully and slowly, turning their heads from left to right with each footstep. They were all holding metal rod like implements which emitted a powerful white light...He told the ranger the next day about what had happened and the ranger wrote it down in a report, suspecting it was some type of religious cult.

Phantoms and Monsters: Paranormal, UFOs, Cryptids and Unexplained Phenomena

Great idea Tommy, wish I could make it :(

My vote would be for skunkapes neighbourhood or maybe Chris O'Brierns.
Though jpw's suggestion sure looks beautiful.

I know I've mentioned it before but to all get together to meet at least virtually, I still think "Second Life" would be a blast.

Mark

Well, if We can pull off the The Un-Conventional Paranormal Convention, and make sure the riff raff stay out, it might be a hell of a lot of fun.

I can tell you who I'm not inviting to my party. The Pair-a-Dopia douchenozzles, and a few other lamestream scam artists.

It would be fun to pick a place, out in the middle of some place nice, have a cook out, have fun, discuss this stuff, and not be confounded by the nonsense of some scheduled crap fest that people paid a crapload of money for and had their intelligence insulted.

I'm just saying that the possibilities are endless, and that we should think about a Where, a When, and make sure we can keep the How Much down so folks can do it comfortably.

Well, if We can pull off the The Un-Conventional Paranormal Convention, and make sure the riff raff stay out, it might be a hell of a lot of fun.

I can tell you who I'm not inviting to my party. The Pair-a-Dopia douchenozzles, and a few other lamestream scam artists.

Tommy --

I see you grasped the very nub of my gist.

Maybe if we find a "knot" of interested folks in the right area, we could put something together.

I'm in Vegas (the real one, not that cheap knock-off in New Mexico). I can see getting to the Phoenix area, where Gene Steinberg is, or possibly the L.A. area.

I see Texas is represented, and Wisconsin. And Second Life. (I'm not sure there would be a point in watching for virtual flying saucers, though.)

So where's everyone else?

Transport is the big issue. We are a worldwide group. I couldn't imagine a unconvention without dusty and gareth, for example. Not trying to miss anyone: Irishseekers, our Canadian folks. Even Croatia! Nice idea, though.

(I'm not sure there would be a point in watching for virtual flying saucers, though.)
Yeah that certainly would be unconventional :eek: more a fun way to just chat. I like using Skype for instance and the idea of meeting as a group and talking real time really appeals to me.

I couldn't imagine a unconvention without dusty and gareth, for example. Not trying to miss anyone: Irishseekers, our Canadian folks. Even Croatia! Nice idea, though.

Thanks for the thought Schuyler, but if this comes off and I cant make it, it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility btw. I will at least send some nice saucer shaped biscuits/cookies, not laced with anything I promise :).

Mark

Transport is the big issue. We are a worldwide group. I couldn't imagine a unconvention without dusty and gareth, for example. Not trying to miss anyone: Irishseekers, our Canadian folks. Even Croatia! Nice idea, though.

I got some ideas on that too. I Pm'ed Dan.

I think we should take all of this stuff private. Wouldn't want anyone to try to steal our thunder here.

I got some ideas on that too. I Pm'ed Dan.

I think we should take all of this stuff private. Wouldn't want anyone to try to steal our thunder here.

I'm good with this.

There's something called a "tweet-up" that Twitter users do, where folks who are in the same area contact each other and get together. This could be pretty much the same thing.

Home state for Jeffrey Dahmer. Just saying.

If you have nothing positive to say ...

But since the gauntlet has been thrown down, I have no choice but to respond and defend my beloved home state. The honor roll of Wisconsinites includes some of history's greatest warriors, scientists, artists, and entertainers, and here are a few of my personal favorites:

Richard I. Bong, highest-scoring air ace during WWII (over 40 Japanese fighters); Seymour Cray, pioneer in the development of the supercomputer; Frank Lloyd Wright, developer of the Usonian home concept and leader of the Prairie School architectural movement; and Harry Houdini, the world's greatest escape artist.

But if that's not enough to tip the scales our way, Paracastites could contemplate camping out in Chequamegon National Forest, former home of the ELF facility, which made "Clam Lake" a bit of a household name.

normal_1945_Major_Richard_Bong.jpg
seymour_cray.gif
Frank-Lloyd-Wright.jpg
houdini.jpg

Back