• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Biedny Convention.

Frank Lloyd Wright, despite his personal failings, was an incredibly talented person.

Frank Lloyd Wright, despite his personal failings, was an incredibly talented person.
I'm going with "Dick" Bong. He kicked much ass and had a cool name. That's the coolest name I've heard in a while. It's up there with Dick Trickle, Harry Bolls and Phuc Cao.

I can't believe I didn't think about this before: The first annual Biedny Conference should take place in Amherst, Wisconsin, the home of the late Ray Palmer!!!!! He's the one who in so many ways got the whole snowball rolling down the hill.

Mr. Palmer's son, who still lives there, could be invited to talk about his father, and maybe he would provide a little map of places we could visit that were of importance to his father's life and work.

Some time ago I asked my mom and grandma about Mr. Palmer, and it turns out his children were among Mom's classmates. Coincidentally, he lived in a Frank Lloyd Wright home, which I was inside of when I was a kid while we were visiting subsequent owners.

They also said Richard Shaver lived in the area for a while, so we could visit sites related to him as well.

Yes, the more I think of it, it seems like Amherst, Wisconsin is a shoe-in for the top location choice!

RayPalmerRichardShaverCrop.jpg

I can't believe I didn't think about this before: The first annual Biedny Conference should take place in Amherst, Wisconsin, the home of the late Ray Palmer!!!!! He's the one who in so many ways got the whole snowball rolling down the hill.

Mr. Palmer's son, who still lives there, could be invited to talk about his father, and maybe he would provide a little map of places we could visit that were of importance to his father's life and work.

Some time ago I asked my mom and grandma about Mr. Palmer, and it turns out his children were among Mom's classmates. Coincidentally, he lived in a Frank Lloyd Wright home, which I was inside of when I was a kid while we were visiting subsequent owners.

They also said Richard Shaver lived in the area for a while, so we could visit sites related to him as well.

Yes, the more I think of it, it seems like Amherst, Wisconsin is a shoe-in for the top location choice!

RayPalmerRichardShaverCrop.jpg
Too small, too isolated. But his home had a wonderful view of a lake from a picture window. I was there.

Mmmmmm. I like this idea too. It does seem that the proprietors of the most idiot-free forum in all of Paranormalia would host a most excellent "UnCon."

Used to be, just about anyone in the lower 48 could fly to Vegas and back for about the price of a tank of gas, then eat 99 cent breakfasts and $5 buffets while there. Oh well, I don't think anyone misses anything else about the place being run by the mob.

I've thought about attending some of the conferences I've seen advertised over the years, but it seems like even the best of them have to include a few stinkers for some reason. Union rules or something, maybe? ;)

Rochester, MN is fairly centralized. it has an international airport, lots of hotels, etc. i am good friends with a hotel reservations person who i am sure could get us a discount on a block of rooms and a conference area.

and we have a great Blues bar here.

I'd be more than willing to host such an event, my backyard is big and it overlooks a large area of forest. I'll take some pictures and post them soon, I'm sure you will all agree that it would be a perfect spot for a paracast bbq. Though it would have to wait for summer as it's bloody cold.

Back