• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Best UFO Photographs According To David Biedny?

Lauren Jones

Skilled Investigator
Hello everyone. I apologize in advance if I'm overlooking the obvious, but I just joined the Forum tonight and am looking for a thread covering UFO photographs that David Biedny finds most credible. I believe I heard such a thread mentioned on a previous episode, but perhaps he was simply alluding to some photographs he hoped to post in the future. I respect David's perspectives and would be very interested in viewing what he considers to be the best photographic evidence. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. As a new member, I look forward to interacting with you and hope to contribute something to the community. Thanks.

Without putting words in David' mouth, I know from a previous thread that he finds this photo impressive:

Venezuela1990.jpg

Hey there, owlseered, welcome to the forums.

The images posted are indeed amongst the best I've seen - thanks, Gareth and jkoci - add the McMinnville photos, and you've got my picks.

dB

Is it the atmospheric density thats clearly visible in this pic that means its probably not a bird? For the bird to be that big in the frame it would have to be pretty close, and therefore there shouldnt be as much visible atmosphere between the us and it.

That sound right?

Because I do worry that its kinda bird looking. Not the other pics in this Trindade set, just this one.

Thanks for putting these photo's up.

Its interesting that in this day and age when everyone has camera's be it on their phone and the amount of CCTV these days that the decent examples of capturing an anomolous object in the sky are from so many years back.
You would sort of expect there to be a lot more recent examples :confused:

What's the story behind this photo? Isin't this from the Gulf Breeze set? I thought the GB incident had been fully exposed as a hoax? Thanks for the info.

those gulf breeze images are fake. the guy made a ton of money on that deal. another BillyM is all Walters was. total bullshit.:rolleyes:

What's the story behind this photo? Isin't this from the Gulf Breeze set? I thought the GB incident had been fully exposed as a hoax? Thanks for the info.

The image I think you're referring to, the UFO with the light beam, is supposedly from the Canaima region of Venezuela. It appears in the Bruce Maccabee book "UFOs are Real", and is printed in color on the cover, upper left hand corner.

Amazon.com: Ufo's Are Real...and Here's The Proof (9780380785995): Various

I can't say I've looked too deeply into the Ed Walters case, I know that there has been a whole lot of UFO activity in the area that is NOT connected with Walters, and while I can't testify as to the veracity of the sourcing of that particular photo, it looks compelling to me. Perhaps it's time to get Bruce Maccabee back on the show to talk about it, and Ed Walters. Of course, there are so many who would say that Bruce is a disinfo guy, I personally find him to be a fascinating person, an outstanding optical physicist, and I always have to remember that there are people on the Internets Web who have called me a disinfo guy, NSA operative and so forth.

The image I think you're referring to, the UFO with the light beam, is supposedly from the Canaima region of Venezuela. It appears in the Bruce Maccabee book "UFOs are Real", and is printed in color on the cover, upper left hand corner.

Amazon.com: Ufo's Are Real...and Here's The Proof (9780380785995): Various

I can't say I've looked too deeply into the Ed Walters case, I know that there has been a whole lot of UFO activity in the area that is NOT connected with Walters, and while I can't testify as to the veracity of the sourcing of that particular photo, it looks compelling to me. Perhaps it's time to get Bruce Maccabee back on the show to talk about it, and Ed Walters. Of course, there are so many who would say that Bruce is a disinfo guy, I personally find him to be a fascinating person, an outstanding optical physicist, and I always have to remember that there are people on the Internets Web who have called me a disinfo guy, NSA operative and so forth.

It's a shame. Slinging the "disinfo guy" appellation has gotten so silly that it's flung at just about anyone who gets disagreed with, at one point or another.

(If there really are "disinfo guys" out there — and there probably are — the superabundance of such silliness would be an effective distraction from the real ones.)

It's a shame. Slinging the "disinfo guy" appellation has gotten so silly that it's flung at just about anyone who gets disagreed with, at one point or another.

(If there really are "disinfo guys" out there — and there probably are — the superabundance of such silliness would be an effective distraction from the real ones.)

And therein lies the brilliance of any "disinfo" campaign. It also is a hallmark why those who have any sort of veracity or respectability in this field should distance themselves from those without it.

As far as compelling images go, I don't know what to think. There are some incredible fakes out there. I don't know enough about film or optics or visual effects to know what to look for, nor how to qualify or quantify what I am seeing. It's very difficult for me especially because I look for patterns in everything. Without hearing David speak about the horrors of jpg compression, I would still give credence to Hoagland and others who view jpg pixellation artifacts as "geometric structures." (Incidentally this is why I would love for someone that's been trained in reconnaisance photo analysis to look at the lunar anomaly photos...not the digital versions, but the glossies.)

Without putting words in David' mouth, I know from a previous thread that he finds this photo impressive:

Hang on. That's the old ceiling light fixture from my late Grandmother's bathroom. I'm sure of it.

Now, why did it grow so large and why is it hovering over a lake? I'm pretty sure it was on a shelf in the garage last time I saw it.

Cruising Mr. Maccabee's site something struck me; These images don't look like lights in the sky or Venus to me (a common claim of nearly all UFO phenomena by skeptics and debunkers.) All these images are fantastic, but I'm wondering why we're not seeing anything as compelling as these during this day-and-age. Could it be due to the fact that fabrications that rival these images are so easily done these days?

Well I place the credibility of Bruce Macabee over that of pixelsmith.

I dont believe all the Gulf Breeze stuff was a hoax.

I dont believe all the Gulf Breeze stuff was a hoax.

I've just finished up The Gulf Breeze Sightings by Walters. It has an appendix written by Macabee where he gives some in depth analysis of the photos and video. Apparently there is video that Walters shot from his yard that show the UFO moving through the sky. Has anyone seen this video? I have seen the "beach" footage before but not the backyard.

I don't see how the Gulf Breeze affair can be dismissed outright as a hoax. Multiple witnesses. Multiple photographers. Video and still photographs. Photos taken with special cameras one sealed by MUFON.

Back