• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Belgium triangle UFO photograph?

ascended_master

Skilled Investigator
It is widely regarded in UFO lore that the Petit-Rechain, Belgium triangle UFO photograph is part of the "best evidence" canon. What just occurred to me is that this photo does not have any attribution. Why?

belgium ufo.jpg

All I can find is that it is credited to a "Mr. P. M & his girlfriend" at the beginning of April 1990. In view of the testimony of General De Brouwer et al it would seem that many aspects of this case are on the record & well documented. Why then would those responsible for possibly the best UFO image ever made remain so discreet?

Context & corroboration are critical where images are concerned, but here they are missing. Do any of you good people know the back story here?

Sorry cant help with any back story to the picture but I would like to recommend a really good book on the "Belgian Wave", and there may be something of help in there.

UFO: A Deadly Concealment - The official Cover Up? by Derek Sheffield

A bit of a dry and frustrating read at times but full of interesting info on a fascinating series of events. Seemingly deliberately confused though by "The powers that be", but well worth a read. You'll probably have great respect for the authors tenacity and stamina by the end of it though.

Geez that guy was thorough, always thought he would make an interesting guest perhaps?

Mark

Since around last year, I've suspected the image to be hoaxed. There are several versions of the image online, with many having being enhanced and tidied up to present a darker background and cleaner lines on the object. They make more compelling evidence.

The one that you can see here (Belgian triangle ufo image by movieposter1 on Photobucket) leads me to suspect it's a photo of a reflected object. I could be mistaken, but the surface of reflection looks like water...possibly a sidewalk puddle? The pale blob could be a person's face?

The photographer was inaccurate in his description of events. He claimed to have an SLR with a zoom lens and no tripod. He said he took a two second exposure. The image is no way a two-second exposure without support....those straight lines would be blurs. At the time he said his girlfriend was him, but she told several different accounts...including not seeing anything. He made two claims about the shot. One was that he used a wall to lean against and keep the camera steady. The second was that he held it up.

I found out about the discrepancies after beginning to doubt the image. They add an element of doubt. Without the extra facts, that image still looks all wrong.

I havent read much if anything about the Belgian triangle stuff. Im fascinated by but just havent really looked at it yet. Obviously seen this photo many times though, and it is impressive.

Putting aside what the alleged photographer says, what do other witnesses that saw triangle objects during this period say about the photo? Does it match what they saw?

The Paracast Community Forums

This photograph here is a better photo of what was seen over Belgium in 1990. Two Photo's contain images of a craft, that has the same shape, from back to front. When you judge the reliability of the Belgium case, always remember this, we are talking about a case that is nearly twenty years old and this was a time before personal internet use on a grand scale or Photoshop. And the photographer who took this photo is named here.

Attachments

• UFO1.gif
    UFO1.gif
    47 bytes · Views: 18
  • walloniabelgium.jpg
    walloniabelgium.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 17
Is the image blown up? It certainly seems to be. It there a copy of the original image that has not been blown up so that we can see the perspective? Also, wasn't the craft allegedly a mile wide, just like the one people claim they saw in Phoenix? If so, the craft must have been quite high up when this picture was taken.

Is the image blown up? It certainly seems to be. It there a copy of the original image that has not been blown up so that we can see the perspective? Also, wasn't the craft allegedly a mile wide, just like the one people claim they saw in Phoenix? If so, the craft must have been quite high up when this picture was taken.

No these werent a mile wide. Almost positive of that.

There seems to be two craft a large Boomerang and a smaller Triangle around the size of a small jet airliner. The Boomerang is one mile wide and that is what was seen in Phoenix.

Back