• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

BEER

Snidely Whiplash

Paranormal Maven
I thought that many of my fellow paracasters might enjoy the taste of a good libation as much as I do. This thread is dedicated to sharing of good craft beer from around the world. I am a Michigan resident who is lucky to be surrounded by numerous micro breweries. I Often enjoy sipping on an imperial stout while listening to the paracast.
Although I enjoy imported beers, I have special love for American craft beers. I Have tried over 70 beers in my beer journal. To start things off I thought I might list my top 5 favorite beers.
1. Breakfast Stout/founders brewery, double chocoalte oatmeal stout
2. La Fin Du Monde/Unibrouge, Belgium Triple
3. Scotty Karate/Dark Horse Brewery, Scotch Ale
4. Oak Aged Yeti/Great Divide, Imperial Stout
5. Bigfoot Ale/Serria Nevada, American Barleywine

CHEERS!

@geoshift, I enjoy a good IPA or Barleywine every once in a while. I do tend to lean toward a more malty brew. Who makes Surly's Furious?
@mike, Sounds good. I have a friend who brews his own beer, but I think I will stick to just drinking it now. Maybe when I have more time and the kids are older.

@geoshift, I will have to see if my local shop can get some of the surly. :) I couldn't help but notice the coffee bender just down the page. That looks fantastic as well.

I'm not much of a beer drinker nowadays, but when I do, these are my top favorites:

Ale--------Chimay Grande Reserve
Lager-----Sam Smith Organic
fav commercial lager--Stella Artois
fav local lager--Oak Creek Brewery Golden Lager
Pilsner--Pilsner Urquell

@Chris Obrien, I am very impressed with all your choices. Chimay is fantastic. As of late I have to agree with your Appraisal Samuel Smiths. Grabbing a pint or two of Samuel Smiths tadcaster bitter or nut brown ale for a friday evening is pure bliss.
@trainedobserver I dont think anyone is going to knock your tastes around here. Rolling Rock can really quench your thrist on a hot summers day.

My top 5 (no particular order......)

Theakstons Old Perculiar
Stella Artois
Tim Taylors Landlord
Grolsh
Copper Dragon

Beer. What a wonderful discovery....

@mike I just noticed the other day that they had paracast steins. I need to get one of those and add it to my glass collection. you're drinking the...PARACAST! :)

Ha! My favorite beer of late has been Rolling Rock. Stop laughing.

Used to drink quite a bit of Rolling Rock when it was brewed by the Latrobe Brewing Company. After they sold the brand to Anheuser-Busch, I made Yuengling my mainstay beer. Figured I'd be loyal to the state I was born in.

Quite a few microbreweries have popped up in my area (North Alabama) and luckily a lot of the bars are carrying these local craft beers. There's a Milk Stout made by an outfit called Straight to Ale that's becoming a mainstay at a lot of the bars and pubs. And there's a liquor store that's real close to me that has about 40 beers on tap that you can get in half-gallon or gallon sizes now. An outfit called Free the Hops was successful in getting a state bill passed that revamped a lot of the archaic laws on the books in Alabama concerning beer and wine. Things are looking up in the state now for folks who enjoy craft beers.

Stay thirsty my friends!

@ Michael X Sounds good, I have to say that milk stout sounds pretty good. I recently just picked up some beer for the holidays at my local store. Got a nice variety of beers but the one I am looking forward to the most is a chocolate chili bock by sam adams. Its a very limited stock and I know that will warm me nicely christmas eve night. Cheers and a happy holidays to all my fellow beer drinkers on the paracast forums!

Back