• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bassett makes perfect sense

Again I agree with you. But I think you are over generalizing 'scientists' as if they were a homogeneous group... I mean for all its faults, it certainly beats Bassets 'research' methods!

True enough, and as I stated, I don't have an issue with the scientific method itself, but with its implementation and evocation. I'm suggesting that scientists, in general and as a homogeneous group, do not actually follow the scientific method when something turns up that defies their belief structure. The examples I used of the reception given to Tectonic Plate theory and John Mack are, unfortunately, not isolated incidents, but are more common than not. Scientists, including those most knowledgeable in their fields, turn out to be terribly short-sighted. More examples:

George Zweig, the first guy to come up with the idea of quarks, was refused a university position and ostracized for bringing up the idea.

In the 1800s, the idea of rocks falling from the sky (meteorites) was treeated like UFOs are today.

In 1879 an archaeologist from Spain, Marcelino Sanz de Sautuola, discovered prehistoric cave art and suggested it ws done by the same pre-ice age period people as made the artifacts found in the cave. 'For the rest of his life he was brutally ridiculed, shunned, and his reputation smeared by the French-influenced scientific orthodoxy of the time.'(1) He was right, of course.

"There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will." (Albert Einsetin, 1932)

"The bomb will never go off. I speak as an expert on explosives." Adm Leahy, US Atomic Bomb Project.

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction." Pierre Pachet, Prof. of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." --Western Union, 1876

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, the Origin of Species, 1859

"The aeroplane will never fly." -- Lord Haldane, Minister of War, Britain, 1907. Note: The Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk in 1903.

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home." -- Ken Olson, CEO, Digital Equipment Corp. 1977. DEC was one of the most succesful computer companies in the world until Compaq Computers (which made the first luggable portable PC) bought the remains of DEC.

(1) Examples were compiled by Jim Elvidge, author of 'The Universe Solved,' pp 146-147, which I just happened to read (synchronicity?) after my former post.

Obviously there are more examples. This happens so much and so often that I think it is fair to conclude that, as a practical matter, that's how the 'scientific method' works in real life. It is invoked often enough, but it's lip service. What I would like to say to those who invoke it is, 'If you really like it so much, why don't you try using it?'

I in no way support Bassett or his positions at all. Indeed, the Disclosure Project is the epitome of a Cargo Cult. (THANKS for that reference. $120 for the book, but I found the article online at Google Books.) But I am reminded of the movie 'Hook' (with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman) where Peter Pan has his nose stuck in the materialistic world (He's become a pirate) to the point that his wife suggests to him, "Peter, you are missing it!" If one uses the scientific method as an excuse to NOT look at areas that do not lend themselves well to that sort of research (at least at first glance), then promising avenues of exploration will be missed. You're gonna miss the turn and not even know it.

Imagine though, if that illusion were destroyed completely. The government might have some captured UFO technology, or a few alien bodies, but they sure as shit don't have an alliance with an alien species. A superior race of beings that can travel across the universe, that have limitless power and technology needs absolutely NOTHING from humanity.

We have nothing to bargain with. No leverage. No threat to them, or their welfare.

That assessment might be correct unless our civilization has evolved beyond their civilization on other aspects that have nothing to do with technological advancement. Perhaps our environment offers us a perspective that their environment lacks. Philosophy for example ;)

Arthur C. Clarke was quoted as saying: 'no true theology can exist without extra-terrestrial input'. The fundamental question as to what initiated the process that led to the sentience of biological constructs.

(THANKS for that reference. $120 for the book, but I found the article online at Google Books.)

I better stop using the highlighter on it right now! Its still available from the UK Amazon for 20 pounds, though I'm not sure what the postage would set you back. :

UFO Religions: Christopher Partridge: Amazon.co.uk: Books

There are a number of other papers that could be useful to you although not dealing directly with Cargo Cults.

That assessment might be correct unless our civilization has evolved beyond their civilization on other aspects that have nothing to do with technological advancement. Perhaps our environment offers us a perspective that their environment lacks. Philosophy for example ;)

Arthur C. Clarke was quoted as saying: 'no true theology can exist without extra-terrestrial input'. The fundamental question as to what initiated the process that led to the sentience of biological constructs.

Philosophy. You mean the art of bullshitting.

Then yes we probably have that going for us.

Philosophy. You mean the art of bullshitting.

Then yes we probably have that going for us.

Another possibility.... They might want to know if an altered brain configuration might produce superior technology in a shorter time frame.

The sky's the limit as to what humans might be useful for if you adopt the 'farm' concept of alien interest.

Why do you think we preserved Einsteins brain in alcohol?

Einstein%27s_brain_%28Lancet%29.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_brain

Hard telling why we saved Einstein's Brain.

Probably for the intrinsic value.

Another possibility.... They might want to know if an altered brain configuration might produce superior technology in a shorter time frame.

The sky's the limit as to what humans might be useful for if you adopt the 'farm' concept of alien interest.

Why do you think we preserved Einsteins brain in alcohol?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_brain

because it goes better with olives if you use alcohol ?:eek:

I enjoyed the Bassett show. I think that his inviting the questionable guests to the X-conference is about the money. He is not stupid.
I agree that all of us, experiencers and those interested, are like a cargo cult. We know each a small piece of the puzzle and we come up with suppositions. I know the phenomena is real. I liked the puzzle analogy.
That being said he does have some really good guests (IMHO). I really wish he would not invite some of the really discredited people.:mad:
I have no idea if "Disclosure" is coming. I do know from my personal interactions that more people are becoming interested in the UFO phenomena.
Best,
Fahrusha

I agree completely. For example, here's one:

You took what I said out of context. The first quote was in regards to our nature to control and weild power over one another.

The second was in regards to the crack pots like Greer and the C2C crowd who have poisoned the field with all of their idiotcy. The result being the bad data getting mixed with the good making it garbage.

The government might have some captured UFO technology, or a few alien bodies, but they sure as shit don't have an alliance with an alien species. A superior race of beings that can travel across the universe, that have limitless power and technology needs absolutely NOTHING from humanity.

This is not necessarily true. You assume that all aliens would have the same agenda and are not at odds with each other. As small power like the Earth would only have leverage if it WAS aligned with one faction which hypothetically can give us protection from another competing alien power. Think of Cuba, Korea, Vietnam, Serbia (WWI) or any numerous other tiny states that have aligned themselves between Superpowers for various reasons. Earth could be an ideological battleground between one or more alien empires.

What if the greatest resource in the universe was not minerals or other natural resources but genetic material? What if our unique genetic makeup had properties that some aliens lack?

I just think that to characterize humanity as just a bunch of talking monkeys is simplistic thinking at best. There are many possibilities that lie outside the box of the pessimistic view point of humanity.

As small power like the Earth would only have leverage if it WAS aligned with one faction which hypothetically can give us protection from another competing alien power. Think of Cuba, Korea, Vietnam, Serbia (WWI) or any numerous other tiny states that have aligned themselves between Superpowers for various reasons. Earth could be an ideological battleground between one or more alien empires.

I see no reason why the political dynamics that apply to this planet wouldn't apply on a cosmic scale... thus exo-politics.

Considering the quality of contacts we are privy to (sightings, abductions... etc.), it appears we currently don't have much weight on the galactic council.

Fenced in cows comes to mind :D Moooooo :D (A few cows got loose during the 60's and 70's and went to the moon LOL)

SuperStock_805C-434.jpg
cowmoon.jpg

Considering the quality of contacts we are privy to (sightings, abductions... etc.), it appears we currently don't have much weight on the galactic council.

Those abductions could be the price we pay for any kind of alliance. Our gov looks the other way and allow our "friends" to abduct our citizens in exchange for security arrangements and some technology to protect us from competing alien factions.

Yet another reason why our gov will never disclose. Disclosure proponents are wasting their time in my opinion since what they do has no influence on the conditions or the agenda of the forces behind this enigma.

Those abductions could be the price we pay for any kind of alliance. Our gov looks the other way and allow our "friends" to abduct our citizens in exchange for security arrangements and some technology to protect us from competing alien factions.

One alliance per country ? The USA alliance with the greys vs the Russian alliance with Pleiadians vs ...a UN setup maybe ? From a human perspective though your idea makes sense, you would trade the relative security of the many for a few human lives. Pre-requisite for this machination is a world government unless the idea is to destabilize humans.

My best bet for this issue is that this planet is like a cocktail platter for any civilization that wants to pig out (cow mutilations rofl) on earth products (humans included lol). From the variety of documented experiences from all over the world, looks like we've got a smorgasborg of free flying, probing, teasing, abducting, mutilating action from a bunch of arrogant civilizations proud of their technological successes. (some more friendly than others).

Any earthly superpower would logically be raging under that proposed environment, with reason.

NurembergUFOWoodcut.jpg

Nuremberg 1561... Some civilization somehow exceeded its beef quota ;) notice the battleship in the foreground and the X-wing fighters. Wonder if it inspired George Lucas. One interesting aspect of this reported battle is its length in time. One hour of battle with no stand-off probably means that one race of aliens was much more advanced than the other. A bit like the shock-and-awe invasion of Iraq.

large.jpg

The God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Annunciation with St. Emidius Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that he avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may, temporarily here and perpetually there, live as His children.
.... good grief.
http://www.altereddimensions.net/aliens/NurembergUFOBattle.aspx
One good reason of non-disclosure may be the range of sects present in the US. From extreme non-technological to wild scientologists. Who is going to knock on the doors of the mennonites to tell them that they have visitors from zeta reticuli parked beside their horse and buggies

image008.jpg

I finally got out of my work cave and got a chance to listen to the Bassett show.

I really don't agree with Bassett's 'credibility does not matter' attitude. That is just bunk. Credibility is extremely important -- getting credible people to speak about the UFO phenomenon is what is needed to give it the serious exposure it deserves and stop it from being thrown in with stories about gnomes, fairies, and leprechauns amidst giggles.

But, other than that, I really don't know how to take this guy. He spoke so fast it was like he had all this information memorized and it was a race against the clock to get it all out within 2 hours. He reminded me of Bill Knell, to be honest, in his speaking patterns. So little time, so many words. Was he really thinking? Or was he reciting memorized responses?

Good job Gene and David though.

Let's hope that Bassett's actions do help with disclosure. I for one do not believe his methods will be fruitful and he will wind up in heap with others that have lost all credibility in this field.

Definitely.

I think Bassetts idea is to assemble as many a**holes and non-a**holes in his X-conference in order to build a critical mass and demonstrate the extent of the problem and get the government to move. Totally un-scientific, purely political.

That's the only logical angle to this... unless I'm missing the point ::)
far more likely is that Bassett is knowingly trying to discredit the whole search for the truth. If maniacs like him are who the MSM go to then we can forget any progress on getting answers for a long LONG time:mad:

Back