• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bassett makes perfect sense

Its funny , but during the watching of that HBO vid posted here recently, i remember listening to the guy worried that Mr Obama was going to be sworn in on the quran.....
but to an atheist the bible is no better an alternative, either way its a sign that person is subscribed to the institutionalised superstition and ignorance these books represent.

i watched in horror as during the inauguration the floor is given over to some preacher, who asks an invisable nonexistant entity to "guide their hands".

wait.... what ?

just taken power of a large nation with lots of nukes, and within the hour these people are abrogating their responsibility over to some invisable bearded guy in the sky ?

thats scary, it really is

right in the middle of transfer of such huge destructive potential, the responsibility is handed over to some "holy spirit".

for an ET race, dealing with such a collective would be untenable, like dealing with a child who can always say "mr nobody" did it, when the vase gets broken.

i predict you'll see disclosure around the same time as you do an openly atheist president gets elected.......

its a truly wonderful year for mankind that year as the paperless office finally becomes a reality along with the paperless toilet......
what a President's personal religious beliefs are of no concern to me as long as he or she respects the separation of church and state....personally an atheist president would alarm me much more than one who has no spirituality :exclamation:

what a President's personal religious beliefs are of no concern to me as long as he or she respects the separation of church and state....personally an atheist president would alarm me much more than one who has no spirituality :exclamation:

What in the world stops an atheist from being spiritual ? What is your definition of spirituality and do you think religions have a spiritual monopoly ?

What would alarm me would be a president with no social conscience or basic human values. Is this what you are equating atheism to ?

An immoral psychopath would be a catastrophy.

Why would an atheist have lesser moral values?

Early on, Hitler expressed his opinion about God and religion as follows, "We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-6>[7]</SUP>
In public statements, especially at the beginning of his rule, Hitler frequently spoke positively about the Christian heritage of German culture and his belief in the "Aryan" Christ. Joachim Fest wrote, "Hitler knew, through the constant invocation of the God the Lord (German: Herrgott) or of providence (German: Vorsehung), to make the impression of a godly way of thought."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-7>[8]</SUP> He used his "ability to simulate, even to potentially critical Church leaders, an image of a leader keen to uphold and protect Christianity," according to Ian Kershaw. Kershaw adds that Hitler by this ability also succeeded in appeasing possible Church resistance to anti-Christian Nazi Party radicals.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-8>[9]</SUP> For example, on March 23, 1933, he addressed the Reichstag: "The National Government regards the two Christian confessions (i.e. Catholicism and Protestantism) as factors essential to the soul of the German people. ... We hold the spiritual forces of Christianity to be indispensable elements in the moral uplift of most of the German people."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-9>[10]</SUP> At one point he described his religious status: "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-10>[11]</SUP>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_religious_beliefs

What in the world stops an atheist from being spiritual ? What is your definition of spirituality and do you think religions have a spiritual monopoly ?

What would alarm me would be a president with no social conscience or basic human values. Is this what you are equating atheism to ?

An immoral psychopath would be a catastrophy.

Why would an atheist have lesser moral values?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_religious_beliefs

We could come up with a billion definitions of spiritual. It just seems like most atheists have this pent up animosity towards religion that comes across as almost pathological........that kind of atheism is what i would fear if a President embodied those views...obviously a president with no social conscience would alarm me .....not saying that all atheists have lesser moral values....just seems that there are militant atheists out there who seem to whip themselves into a religious like fervor when their opinions are challenged....and most of the time they fail to see the irony

We could come up with a billion definitions of spiritual. It just seems like most atheists have this pent up animosity towards religion that comes across as almost pathological........that kind of atheism is what i would fear if a President embodied those views...obviously a president with no social conscience would alarm me .....not saying that all atheists have lesser moral values....just seems that there are militant atheists out there who seem to whip themselves into a religious like fervor when their opinions are challenged....and most of the time they fail to see the irony

This is very true, and don't forget there are many flavors of atheism. There are extreme atheists (hard atheists) who will not allow the existence of any god even though they have no proof to back it up and will blame every human problem on religion. The same applies to ufology, you have these hard cores who've crossed the line into religion-like absolutist belief systems and dogmas.

The human mind has real trouble staying in a grey zone, the law of entropy dictates that it will find stability where it will use the least amount of energy. That state is usually an absolutist state where difficult existential problems are patched using solutions like religions or hard atheism...... until the return of Jesus Christ, disclosure,... etc comes around ;)

Respecting each others solution is what its all about. Cross the line of respect and you get wars.

Most scientists live in the grey zone.

Back