• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bassett makes perfect sense

Ezechiel

Paranormal Adept
This show was absolutely great.

The main message that I recorded from this exchange is that Steven Bassett’s exo-politics/disclosure agenda has nothing to do with protecting the subject of ufo from ridicule but even maybe actually amplify it. Like he said, he’s after the government and its policy of keeping a truth-embargo and I think his strategy is brilliant.

By promoting a ‘Barnum and Bailey’ type circus of guests, he’ll be showcasing the outcome of 60 years of truth embargo and the next wave of wild belief systems and semi-religions that are emerging around the subject. I figure he’s gambling that the government will get the point once the high strangeness gurus start building momentum with their extreme speculations and transform a superpower into a laughing-stock. You don’t build a critical mass only with highly credible elite. You get the whole orchestra involved and use the elite to snipe at the noisy negativists… makes perfect sense. But I honestly think, this is something Bassett couldn’t disclose without damaging his X-conference.

The pressure of ridicule is greater than the pressure of credibility. I think he’s right. When the world turns to France, U.K., Chile, Mexico, Denmark, Canada, etc… for honesty, you’ve got a problem. Would you really expect a country struggling with intelligent design issues to disclose in the short run? Yikes!<O:p</O:p

At this point in time, the U.S. should concentrate on restoring the credibility of science (at least among a majority of its people), invest in education and protect the division of church and state. Evolution and scientific progress are really the true foundations enabling the idea of the potential presence of an extra-terrestrial component in our lives.

I plan on listening to the show backwards. Soon as I figure out how.

Oh my bad, I'm talking about X-Conference 2009 guest selection.

The idea that I'm promoting here is that credibility is not a factor.

The intellectual damage from 60 years of non-disclosure is what Bassett seems to be banking on. Input from Edgar Mitchell, Corso, Paul Hellyer, etc.. has no effect and creating an out-of-control circus might provide the necessary pressure.

Bassett sounded like he was talking out of his elbow on a lot of issues, but hey opinions ARE like a**holes......

Oh my bad, I'm talking about X-Conference 2009 guest selection.

The idea that I'm promoting here is that credibility is not a factor.

The intellectual damage from 60 years of non-disclosure is what Bassett seems to be banking on. Input from Edgar Mitchell, Corso, Paul Hellyer, etc.. has no effect and creating an out-of-control circus might provide the necessary pressure.

Doubt it, but hope you're right since that's all we have.

Bassett sounded like he was talking out of his elbow on a lot of issues, but hey opinions ARE like a**holes......

Definitely.

I think Bassetts idea is to assemble as many a**holes and non-a**holes in his X-conference in order to build a critical mass and demonstrate the extent of the problem and get the government to move. Totally un-scientific, purely political.

That's the only logical angle to this... unless I'm missing the point ::)

I haven't listened to the show yet, so sorry if this has been dealt with. Basset still doing his million signature thing? I recall signing it in the late 90s. Came across it being mentioned the other day, think I bumped into his site, but didn't look around long. Anyone know if it's the SAME petition, or a new one? Just curious if it's taken him over a decade to get signatures. I hope not....

This show was absolutely great.

The main message that I recorded from this exchange is that Steven Bassett’s exo-politics/disclosure agenda has nothing to do with protecting the subject of ufo from ridicule but even maybe actually amplify it. Like he said, he’s after the government and its policy of keeping a truth-embargo and I think his strategy is brilliant.

Hmmm. A little bell is going off: Ding, ding, ding. Ezechiel showed up here today and immediately began posting pro-Bassett stuff. Hmmm. I was over at cseti yesterday researching a paper I am writing comparing The Disclosure Movement, such that it is, with Cargo Cults. I noticed one of the 'calls to arms' over there was an admonition for all Greer supporters to write to the Toronto Star, which had published an article calling Greer a 'Conspiracy nut' or something similar.

The gist of this post is so nonsensical that you hardly know where to start with it, or whether it is even worth it, but the point is that I think the Paradigm Research Group acolytes have been alerted to the fact that Bassett didn't do so well on the Paracast and people here are saying so loudly. So, like any religion that is attacked, it must defend itself. We are seeing the result here.

So, Ezechial! Is that you, Steven? Or just one of your buddies?

The gist of this post is so nonsensical that you hardly know where to start with it, or whether it is even worth it, but the point is that I think the Paradigm Research Group acolytes have been alerted to the fact that Bassett didn't do so well

There is alot of sarcasm in what I wrote ;)

From a scientific perspective, he sucked butt :D ... but from his political standpoint, it makes semi-sense. Credibility has had little or no effect for 60 years... I figured he's using a different approach and decided to send all the freaks on the frontline to harrass the government into disclosure. ::)

How else would you explain his reasoning for not pushing his guests through the credibility filter. Its a planned circus except that he won't admit it... and can't ! Would you like to be invited to speak at the X-conference with a clown label on your forehead ?!

:D

I agree with Ezechiel's premise to a large degree.
The opposition in the War of Christianity against Islam is proving that Western Rationality can be effectively countered by Bat-Shit Crazy.

Its funny , but during the watching of that HBO vid posted here recently, i remember listening to the guy worried that Mr Obama was going to be sworn in on the quran.....
but to an atheist the bible is no better an alternative, either way its a sign that person is subscribed to the institutionalised superstition and ignorance these books represent.

i watched in horror as during the inauguration the floor is given over to some preacher, who asks an invisable nonexistant entity to "guide their hands".

wait.... what ?

just taken power of a large nation with lots of nukes, and within the hour these people are abrogating their responsibility over to some invisable bearded guy in the sky ?

thats scary, it really is

right in the middle of transfer of such huge destructive potential, the responsibility is handed over to some "holy spirit".

for an ET race, dealing with such a collective would be untenable, like dealing with a child who can always say "mr nobody" did it, when the vase gets broken.

i predict you'll see disclosure around the same time as you do an openly atheist president gets elected.......

its a truly wonderful year for mankind that year as the paperless office finally becomes a reality along with the paperless toilet......

I agree with Ezechiel's premise to a large degree.
The opposition in the War of Christianity against Islam is proving that Western Rationality can be effectively countered by Bat-Shit Crazy.

LOL... good point.

What's most discouraging is that they have to resort to this, instead of taking a methodological high-road.

A political Bassett crashed with the rational scientific motivations of this show in a big way. Gene and David stopped short of calling Bassett a circus manager (for the cause ;))

What is the evidence that this bat-shit plan is having any effect? If the claim is that Bassett's strategy is 'brilliant,' then where are the results? Do you honestly feel that presenting Billy Meier photographs to Obama will 'make the government move'?

The Disclosure Movement has been around for a long time, even in its present form. Go back to NICAP if you want. At least they were staight-laced. Greer's famous press conferene was eight years ago. Greer used the same 'brilliant strategy' that Bassett is now using: trot out the whackos along with the defense witnesses. What's the effect of that? Diluting the message. the press concentrates on the whackos because they are more colorful than some sober ex-enlisted man violating his security oath and risking his life testifying about real secrets.

Ask yourself: How has Greer's reputation changed from the 2001 press conference until today? When he first came on the scene people actually listened to him. Today, after trotting out Mothra as an etheric light being, having UFOs turn Mexican soldiers from gun-wielding killers to playing guitars, and bragging about holding alien space babies Greer is now a laughingstock with a permament home in ufo watchdog's Hall of Shame. The thing is, the government didn't do this to him; he marginalized himself. With friends like Greer, any goverment disinformation group doesn't have to do anything but sit back and laugh.

Greer went from earnest M.D. demanding the truth from government to Chief Guru of a Cargo Cult with true believers waiting for salvation. Bassett is on the same path using the same strategy. He's nowhere near as smart as Greer, but regardless, the X-Conference is not resulting in a massive outpouring of public support. Where are the million signatures? Where is the outrage?

When NICAP was a force to be reckoned with, the CIA came in and destroyed it. At least, Dolan makes a good case for this. But the modern Disclosure Movement destroys itself when it turns to new Age belief structures and outright fabrications.

A 'brilliant strategy'? Only if you're from the planet Clarion. the evidence would suggest otherwise.

mothra.jpg

Even the people on the Clarion would think it was stupid.

How often can they tell us disclosure is around the corner before people wise up and tell them to take a hike?

What is the evidence that this bat-shit plan is having any effect? A 'brilliant strategy'? Only if you're from the planet Clarion. the evidence would suggest otherwise.

Maybe its a question of how much bat-shit there is, how big is the coverage, who's in power, and how tired he is of hearing BS. Will it work better under Obama than GW :D ?.

If you're going to endorse bat-shit, you better have a damn good plan. Or else you're actually working against your cause. Is this suicide, sabotage... or both ? :confused:

Bat-shit for disclosure :D

If you're going to endorse bat-shit, you better have a damn good plan. Or else you're actually working against your cause. Is this suicide, sabotage... or both ?

With Greer I'm convinced it's suicide by excess hubris. At least we have some background on him. With Bassett, I'm not sure. The thing is, we have no background on him hardly at all except a couple of sentences from Bassett himself. He could be a Bob Lazar-type plant, I suppose. Or he could just be clueless. Whatever he is, it's still not working.

i predict you'll see disclosure around the same time as you do an openly atheist president gets elected.......

Getting rid of the 'demon/angel' noise obscuring the phenomena will definitely help. Ultimately, the perfection of our detection tools will get us there.

He could be a Bob Lazar-type plant, I suppose. Or he could just be clueless. Whatever he is, it's still not working.

What are the chances this is a conscious effort of disinformation ?

And what is the point of holding an X-conference and wasting everybody's precious time with over-the-top guests tainted by shaky credibility ?

Bat-shit for disclosure ? and expect taxpayers to foot the bill ? ... this is one bizarre concept ;)

Back