• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Banned From The UFO Collective Google Group

Forgive me, but what is "magical thinking"?...

I agree about the religious aspects of these matters. People that simply have adopted space brethren philosophies as fact of the matter are not adopting anything less than a religion for themselves. However, if I had a nickle for every individual who's life was basically turned upside down by the AAP, who also have in no way sought monetary compensation or attention, we could most likely throw one hell of a paracast bash for the next year straight. This is a little more serious than some farmer claiming a pancake breakfast with aliens here. This AAP happens to people from every walk of life and nearly every profession conceivable. Some of these claimed abductees are some really distinguished people with a great deal to lose.

Something *is* happening. What that something is, I don't know but I have a hard time with "the people are just making it all up". I don't think so.

I like to think of 'magical thinking' as creative thought, things sparking from the imaginative well and ultimately responsible for our artistic endeavors. However in the world of alien abductions it has a different definition as seen in Susan Clancy's text How People Come To Believe They we're Kidnapped by Aliens. In there she says of the commonalities in AAP subjects: They are certainly, with an exception or two, not “crazy,” as so many first suspect upon hearing their tales. They are, however, more imaginative, creative, and fantasy-prone than the general population. They also score higher on a trait called schizotypy. This does not mean that they are schizophrenic, but “they're generally a bit odd. They tend to look and think eccentrically and are prone to 'magical' thinking and odd beliefs”

So, yes, we can say something is taking place but most likely it is only taking place in the minds of the 'experiencer' and most likely is something that happened: in a dream space, through sleep paralysis, has been frequently an outright hoax, has been demonstrated to be a mask for actual traumatic events such as severe abuse, sexual assault & incest etc.. Some people are looking for attention, even negative attention, and may not want the fame and glory synonymous with most of the hoaxers, but may have some self-esteem issues that requires them to seek out any attention that deals with their own masochism.

I don't think it's always as simple as people making it all up, but one audio listen to Derril Sims on The Aracast shows you how quickly, in the name of therapy, so-called researchers have not only pushed their children into the space of AAP, but irresponsible hypnosis, even with those people who identified issues of sexual assault are still being given 'therapy' by a man who has no clinicl training to treat such people, yet he is still labeling them as victims of alien abduction.

At the end of the day there is a small handful of cases that only come marginally close to allusions towards alien abduction - lots of words, but no proof. Even worse are the many profile investigators who have made a living out of 'proving' in the minds of the public, that AAP is real. Between Mack's peace and light aliens and Hopkins' evil alien kidnappers there's a lot of shenanigans going on, but that's about it.

What are the good cases for alien abduction?

My friend, it's unequivocally absurd with respect to human reason alone, and human reason is all we have. These are not tourists. These are not visitors. If they were either, they would most definitely be confronting society or civilization as a whole up front. Weird crap does not an alien make. However, hurting and dementing innocent people is not the work of benevolence in any shape or form.

(note, please do not mistake the humanoid encounter scenario for the AAP, two extremely different things, no relationship whatsoever)

In the AAP we are never dealing with individuals, apart from the experiencer themselves.

I was using tourists as a metaphor. However, why can't they be tourists? Why can't they be visitors? I once spent a summer in Scotland, and got drunk, got laid, and into more than one round of fisticuffs. So I'm sure I hurt some "innocent" girls and boys.

Why would they "most definitely be confronting society or civilization as a whole?" What if, at the end of the day, we're interacting with one individual? Or a collective series of individuals? Or a superintelligent shade of the color blue? Why, in short, should they give a crap about society at all?

I, for one, think there's more than a tenuous link between AAP, encounters, and UFOs. Why not?

If alien abductions (for example) are taking place, it would seem highly probable that members of governments and military personal would be among the taken. Irregardless of anything else that might contribute to their threat status the fact that anyone in the command structure is being abducted and tampered with is most definitely a high security risk. The Intelligence apparatus simply could not ignore it. That it would not be addressed in an aggressive fashion is just inconceivable from any military or political standpoint that I can realistically come up with. Does that mean it isn't happening? I don't know what it means, but just nothing about it, from angle you choose, makes a whole lot of sense.
Good point, hadn't thought of that. However, what does it change?
Paul Hillyer was a highly placed dude in society and defence in my country. He was also soundly rejected by those same forces at large.

Now, the fact that he's a loonie doesn't help the situation of course.

Let's say a 4 star general gets taken in the middle of the night, gets an implant up his nose, and a rectal exam. He goes into the office the next day, sits down (uncomfortably) in his big leather 4 star chair and does what exactly?

What are the odds he tells anybody? I mean, what's in it for him?

If he does tell somebody, who exactly would he tell and what are the odds that they believe him?

If they do believe him, what are the odds that they will find any objective data to support his claim?

Seems pretty small odds that he could start anything but a small-scale personal project to investigate this stuff.

What if the "breeding program" is operating at the hundreds or thousands of years time scale?
What if the "sperm and eggs" (god I want to write spam and eggs) is a metaphor for something else?
What if the whole narrative is our own mind overlaying onto what is actually happening something that our meat mind can understand?
Is that not the Passport to Magonia premise, that what is taking place is just anther mythic narrative of us and the faeiry folk? These mythic overlays may have something to do with encounters with an alien other, but is more likely to be something fueled by the history of our imaginations and the stories we have passed down from generation to generation to help us explain weird events.

Jacobs' concept of the slow motion takeover of humanity through the multi-generational breeding and hybridization program has not one whit of proof attached to it and is more about fear mongering in the populace than anything else. He's got his own confirmation bias about how some women describe, post-miscarriage, what they think happened to the fetus, but beyond this I find all of the hypnosis based reports to be pretty much bogus from the get go. How can we begn to tamper with memory to get at truth. This has proven to produce some very wild sociological events such as ritual satanic abuse court cases that were later proven to be bogus. When you compare ritual satanic abuse to alien abduction the commonalities are outstanding, and I suspect these impossible events are crafted out of similar personality types in the mix between subject and hypnotist/researcher.

Is that not the Passport to Magonia premise, that what is taking place is just anther mythic narrative of us and the faeiry folk? These mythic overlays may have something to do with encounters with an alien other, but is more likely to be something fueled by the history of our imaginations and the stories we have passed down from generation to generation to help us explain weird events.

Jacobs' concept of the slow motion takeover of humanity through the multi-generational breeding and hybridization program has not one whit of proof attached to it and is more about fear mongering in the populace than anything else. He's got his own confirmation bias about how some women describe, post-miscarriage, what they think happened to the fetus, but beyond this I find all of the hypnosis based reports to be pretty much bogus from the get go. How can we begn to tamper with memory to get at truth. This has proven to produce some very wild sociological events such as ritual satanic abuse court cases that were later proven to be bogus. When you compare ritual satanic abuse to alien abduction the commonalities are outstanding, and I suspect these impossible events are crafted out of similar personality types in the mix between subject and hypnotist/researcher.

100% agree that the traditional literal narrative of the breeding program is extremely unlikely. And more likely reflective of our own fears and instincts about our own procreation and "invasion from within."

But still possible if you think tangentially about it.

Let's create a simplistic model. Lets treat society at large As an organism. In this case, a human being.

A human being has receptors capable of receiving stimuli. Light waves between certain wavelengths, sound vibrations between certain wavelengths. Etc.

If you stimulate this human being outside these ranges you won't get a response at all. Chunking this back up to the level of society, what social level receptors is the UFO phenomenon going to trigger? None that I know of.

You may argue that social systems are adaptable enough to accept inputs within a broad tolerance of ranges otherwise society would die. So, let's explore the possibility that it's jangled a small nerve somewhere.

Let's go back to our model human being. If you stimulate it, the human being will naturally put this into one of three buckets: dangerous, advantageous, or neutral.

Ufos may be frightening to individuals, but in at least 50 years they haven't invaded or taken out society as we've known it. So apart from some early Sci fi fear mongering, they don't threaten society.

It's also a transient phenomenon that may be advantageous in terms of hardware, but hard to catch and even harder to prove it actually exists. So it's level of practical advantage is pretty small.

Which leaves us mostly in the neutral bucket I think.

What do human beings do with neutral stimuli? Ignore it for the most part. There's only one driver to look at neutral stimuli for a human being that I know of: curiosity or perhaps irritation.

So that's where we are at for the most part I think. Some small levels of curiosity at the the individual human level and even smaller levels at the society level.

No coordinated response.

Not true according to abductees whose lives are filled with the tortured uncertainty of their own sanity. How much have you studied the AAP? How could you even begin to associate their behavior with a group that does not have en extremely covert and damaging agenda? The emboldened passage above is extremely important. You and all the rest of the ETers need to carefully look at that first sentence. What is society if not that which is made up of individuals?

Your point is well taken in this emboldened passage above. If they have no interest in achieving a clandestine agenda, why all the secrecy? In fact, why nothing but secrecy? They know how we operate. They know we are diurnal in nature. What's the problem? The problem is that apart from "space brother faith" they give us little reason to suspect them as being anything but our psychological nemesis.

Whether you jump to nonhuman amorality or not, there is nothing within the AAP that has been shown to be positive in the least with respect for humanity.

With technology like they have, you simply cannot remove relevance from the scenario due to the fact that apart from our own contextual bearing on the matter, we would still be calling them demons outright if this was not smack dab in the middle of humanity's embryonic space age.

There is more common sense here than one might imagine.

Burnt,
I think it prudent to point out that the emboldened statement above is a strawman. There is NO man, woman, or protozoan that can attach a whit of proof to anything paranormal. Frankly, I find Jacob's research just as compelling as the next guys. At least he's been ardently going down the same path fro quite some time. If anything, Jacob's may believe his own sourced confabulations and whereas that may be a mistake or unscientific, is there anything scientific in all reality about ANY of this apart from the very real need for the balance weight of skepticism?

Not true according to abductees whose lives are filled with the tortured uncertainty of their own sanity. How much have you studied the AAP? How could you even begin to associate their behavior with a group that does not have en extremely covert and damaging agenda? The emboldened passage above is extremely important. You and all the rest of the ETers need to carefully look at that first sentence. What is society if not that which is made up of individuals?

Your point is well taken in this emboldened passage above. If they have no interest in achieving a clandestine agenda, why all the secrecy? In fact, why nothing but secrecy? They know how we operate. They know we are diurnal in nature. What's the problem? The problem is that apart from "space brother faith" they give us little reason to suspect them as being anything but our psychological nemesis.

Whether you jump to nonhuman amorality or not, there is nothing within the AAP that has been shown to be positive in the least with respect for humanity.

With technology like they have, you simply cannot remove relevance from the scenario due to the fact that apart from our own contextual bearing on the matter, we would still be calling them demons outright if this was not smack dab in the middle of humanity's embryonic space age.

There is more common sense here than one might imagine.
Hey, I've been that guy with weird things and creatures going bump in the night. Been terrorized. Who, exactly, would take on the task of protecting me? Explaining things to me? Making sense of it all?

There's only one answer to that question: me. The individual. That's why I'm here, trying to sort this stuff out.

I think whatever it is generating this phenomenon is hiding. By design or by accident, I don't know. But it is hiding. I make no claims that it is positive, negative, or otherwise for us. But I do know one thing by simple process of elimination: it's interaction with us is to the benefit of itself, otherwise it wouldn't be doing it. What that benefit is, I have no idea.

There's also a few very, very simple explanations for whatever elements of our society (maybe the military, etc) for keeping things quiet:

#1 they can't do their job controlling the borders.
#2 they can't explain what is happening any better than anyone else.
#3 they'd look pretty stupid for openly investigating it in our current climate (budget cuts anyone for UFO/AAP investigation projects, anyone?)

I'm no ET'er. I'm exploring an idea. I have no idea what they are.

Hey, I've been that guy with weird things and creatures going bump in the night. Been terrorized. Who, exactly, would take on the task of protecting me? Explaining things to me? Making sense of it all?

There's only one answer to that question: me. The individual. That's why I'm here, trying to sort this stuff out.

I think whatever it is generating this phenomenon is hiding. By design or by accident, I don't know. But it is hiding. I make no claims that it is positive, negative, or otherwise for us. But I do know one thing by simple process of elimination: it's interaction with us is to the benefit of itself, otherwise it wouldn't be doing it. What that benefit is, I have no idea.

There's also a few very, very simple explanations for whatever elements of our society (maybe the military, etc) for keeping things quiet:

#1 they can't do their job controlling the borders.
#2 they can't explain what is happening any better than anyone else.
#3 they'd look pretty stupid for openly investigating it in our current climate (budget cuts anyone for UFO/AAP investigation projects, anyone?)

I'm no ET'er. I'm exploring an idea. I have no idea what they are.

I want to immediately apologize to you. I was mistaken about your stance on ET. Frankly, I am certain ET exists, or at least I believe they do, it's just that I am very uncertain whether they have made it here or not. That I simply don't know.

Can I ask you a question that is extremely important to me? Have you actually ever been abducted?

I want to immediately apologize to you. I was mistaken about your stance on ET. Frankly, I am certain ET exists, or at least I believe they do, it's just that I am very uncertain whether they have made it here or not. That I simply don't know.

Can I ask you a question that is extremely important to me? Have you actually ever been abducted?
No apologies necessary dude, we're having a conversation!

I wouldn't use that word. I have fragments of memories that seem true, strange dreams, plenty of sleepless nights in my teens, and unexplained scars. Some small strange goings on witnessed by others (sounds, etc, nothing huge). Some sightings - lights in the sky - and a couple daylight craft in the sky type things.

That's all. No messages to save the planet's ecology, no maps to zeta reticuli, no hybrid babies.

And I'm 100% willing to say it's all self-generated if someone could give me a good causal mechanism for it. Hence the term "realistic" rather than "real."

No apologies necessary dude, we're having a conversation!

I wouldn't use that word. I have fragments of memories that seem true, strange dreams, plenty of sleepless nights in my teens, and unexplained scars. Some small strange goings on witnessed by others (sounds, etc, nothing huge). Some sightings - lights in the sky - and a couple daylight craft in the sky type things.

That's all. No messages to save the planet's ecology, no maps to zeta reticuli, no hybrid babies.

And I'm 100% willing to say it's all self-generated if someone could give me a good causal mechanism for it. Hence the term "realistic" rather than "real."

Just so that I am clear:

1) I believe the abduction phenomena is real. I just have not been able to determine who the abductors are.

2) I also believe that humanoid encounters are real events for which I have no explanation apart from mere weak speculation.

3) I believe that the united states, and other tech leader countries, have mind control means that are SCARY and extremely real. There is a great deal of great info out there in book form on this subject. Really fascinating reading.

4) I absolutely believe that UFOs do not travel through space, but rather utilize an aspect of the universe that we at this point in time have no point of reference for. Personally, I think this medium is consciousness, or zero point energy, akin to what is described in the Akashic Field theory.

5) It is my outlandish opinion that human beings are extremely rare with respect to life based orientation and make up. My thinking is that the vast majority of life in the universe apart humanity is either, machine intelligence, or much more likely, discarnate, immaterial, or quasi material in nature, dwelling in what would be at least partially, the informational aspect of reality. My thinking is that humanity has a unique relationship to consciousness and that we witness two basic orientations of those that utilize the medium, or energy source, for their tech to travel and act out here.

Burnt,
I think it prudent to point out that the emboldened statement above is a strawman. There is NO man, woman, or protozoan that can attach a whit of proof to anything paranormal. Frankly, I find Jacob's research just as compelling as the next guys. At least he's been ardently going down the same path fro quite some time. If anything, Jacob's may believe his own sourced confabulations and whereas that may be a mistake or unscientific, is there anything scientific in all reality about ANY of this apart from the very real need for the balance weight of skepticism?

Well let's go back to Don Ecker's article he recently published regarding the Heaven's Gate anniversary and the concept of responsibility when it comes to promoting AAP. I think that if you are going to promote ideas such as hybridized breeding programs, the mysterious theft of fetuses, forced alien intercourse, and generational abductions where your children are part of the program then I think you should produce a lot more than speculative fiction and anxiety ridden narratives from troubled, hypnotized individuals.

These are not necessarily healthy ideas to be introducing into the populace. These are ideas that prey on low self-esteem sufferers, people who may have suffered serious personal real world traumas that have yet to be treated or are simply fantasy prone. These ideas have extreme consequences, and I would site the whole confirmation of some abductees who believe their children are now also being abducted to be one of the most extreme consequences. These kids are being set up for a lifetime of weirdness thanks to their misguided parental beliefs - Stan Romanek case in point.

But I would also like to return back to the stories of Ritual Satanic Abuse that were all the rage in the 80's their patterning compared to AAP is very similar. Eople were so convinced of the chikdren's hypnosis regressions that people went to jail based on what was evntually proven false. Has there actually been any real proof of AAP, of missing fetuses, hybridized babies, implants etc.?

Like in the late 90's where some parents manipulated and exploited their children on stage, on tv, in court etc. all to prove the myth of Ritual Satanc Abuse, current researchers bear a hefty weight, and the well being of children, when it comes to trying to prove AAP. There is something disturbingly cultish about it all, especially the contactees who hold court.

This comparison table between Ristual Satanic Abuse and Alien Abduction was first presented at the famous 1992 MIT conference on AAP with all the big names in attendance as presenters. There is a 700 page book that was published to represent all the findings, but this detailed table is enough to raise anyone's eyebrows. Are these experiences one in the same or are they both pure invention?

http://www.michaelsheiser.com/MIT abduction tables MUFON.pdf

I'm not sure BState, you're giving enough credit to the resilience of people, even kids. It's been my experience that most kids who have been exposed to say, an over religious upbringing for example, eventually come to realize it- even rebel against it. I agree there ARE fragile people living all around us- I'm not sure where any link can be found between the musician in Nevada, and the lawyer in New York, who both had decent childhoods without the trauma you mention, who both describe similiar reports of AAP. Though, if I thought myself to be part of this phenom, I would not expose my kids to my thought process or belief of being part of such a program. On the contrary, should one of my kids describe their own such experience without being exposed to the literature out there, that may be some sort of confirmation of being part of this program.

Well let's go back to Don Ecker's article he recently published regarding the Heaven's Gate anniversary and the concept of responsibility when it comes to promoting AAP. I think that if you are going to promote ideas such as hybridized breeding programs, the mysterious theft of fetuses, forced alien intercourse, and generational abductions where your children are part of the program then I think you should produce a lot more than speculative fiction and anxiety ridden narratives from troubled, hypnotized individuals.

These are not necessarily healthy ideas to be introducing into the populace. These are ideas that prey on low self-esteem sufferers, people who may have suffered serious personal real world traumas that have yet to be treated or are simply fantasy prone. These ideas have extreme consequences, and I would site the whole confirmation of some abductees who believe their children are now also being abducted to be one of the most extreme consequences. These kids are being set up for a lifetime of weirdness thanks to their misguided parental beliefs - Stan Romanek case in point.

But I would also like to return back to the stories of Ritual Satanic Abuse that were all the rage in the 80's their patterning compared to AAP is very similar. Eople were so convinced of the chikdren's hypnosis regressions that people went to jail based on what was evntually proven false. Has there actually been any real proof of AAP, of missing fetuses, hybridized babies, implants etc.?

Like in the late 90's where some parents manipulated and exploited their children on stage, on tv, in court etc. all to prove the myth of Ritual Satanc Abuse, current researchers bear a hefty weight, and the well being of children, when it comes to trying to prove AAP. There is something disturbingly cultish about it all, especially the contactees who hold court.

So, in your estimation we should ignore those claiming abductions and insist that they seek mental health help?

I wonder if we should start insisting on victim substantiation prior to reporting rape too? I mean it's all hypothetical till we know the facts unquestionably right? These people have no business spouting off minus proof. Why take them seriously?

I don't think it's fair to claim anyone is "promoting" alien abduction because they are researching the matter and reporting what is conveyed to them via hypnosis. That's kind of like stating doctors are promoting disease because they study them and seek to cure as much.

So you think the alien abduction scenario feeds and preys on low self esteem individuals suffering an identity crisis?

This comparison table between Ristual Satanic Abuse and Alien Abduction was first presented at the famous 1992 MIT conference on AAP with all the big names in attendance as presenters. There is a 700 page book that was published to represent all the findings, but this detailed table is enough to raise anyone's eyebrows. Are these experiences one in the same or are they both pure invention?

Burnt State,
These matters would be mimicked or correlated by ANY covert program of this nature. How could they not and still pertain to group planed abduction? There are only so many ways to abduct people. Then there is the matter of context. Why the contextual change?

I like to think of 'magical thinking' as creative thought, things sparking from the imaginative well and ultimately responsible for our artistic endeavors. However in the world of alien abductions it has a different definition as seen in Susan Clancy's text How People Come To Believe They we're Kidnapped by Aliens. In there she says of the commonalities in AAP subjects: They are certainly, with an exception or two, not “crazy,” as so many first suspect upon hearing their tales. They are, however, more imaginative, creative, and fantasy-prone than the general population. They also score higher on a trait called schizotypy. This does not mean that they are schizophrenic, but “they're generally a bit odd. They tend to look and think eccentrically and are prone to 'magical' thinking and odd beliefs”

So, yes, we can say something is taking place but most likely it is only taking place in the minds of the 'experiencer' and most likely is something that happened: in a dream space, through sleep paralysis, has been frequently an outright hoax, has been demonstrated to be a mask for actual traumatic events such as severe abuse, sexual assault & incest etc.. Some people are looking for attention, even negative attention, and may not want the fame and glory synonymous with most of the hoaxers, but may have some self-esteem issues that requires them to seek out any attention that deals with their own masochism.

I don't think it's always as simple as people making it all up, but one audio listen to Derril Sims on The Aracast shows you how quickly, in the name of therapy, so-called researchers have not only pushed their children into the space of AAP, but irresponsible hypnosis, even with those people who identified issues of sexual assault are still being given 'therapy' by a man who has no clinicl training to treat such people, yet he is still labeling them as victims of alien abduction.

At the end of the day there is a small handful of cases that only come marginally close to allusions towards alien abduction - lots of words, but no proof. Even worse are the many profile investigators who have made a living out of 'proving' in the minds of the public, that AAP is real. Between Mack's peace and light aliens and Hopkins' evil alien kidnappers there's a lot of shenanigans going on, but that's about it.

What are the good cases for alien abduction?

I am not aware of case by case validity exercises or anything like that. I don't even know if there is an external agent involved. But I know one thing, and that is that there are MANY people that claim alien abduction that look just like you or I Robert, and they don't act odd, and indeed are sometimes quite prominent in professional stature.

I am thinking the results by Clancy are flawed according to what I am familiar with. She's just making the group out to be some fantasy prone grouping, or psychological typing. That's BS.

Last edited:

I think that's relatively easily explained by highly strange stuff being overly exposed in the 80's and then being picked up by the same force that drove the satanic abuse hysteria.

I have no doubt that some people were abused. Then it all snowballed with well-meaning but overly histrionic melodrama that culminated in:
Official investigations produced no evidence of widespread conspiracies or of the slaughter of thousands; only a small number of verified crimes have even remote similarities to tales of SRA. In the latter half of the 1990s interest in SRA declined and skepticism became the default position, with only a minority of believers giving any credence to the existence of SRA.
Satanic ritual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similarities abound. But this of course does not mean that something is not going on, just not to trust the meta-narrative expounded by (perhaps well-intentioned) "researchers", "interviewers", "hypnotherapists", etc.

Simply put: you gotta go to the source, man. Not the people who talk to people or people who write about people who talk to people.

FFS, crap happened to me and I have no idea or monopoly on the truth. Why should Hopkins, Jacobs, or any of them?

Back