• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Banned From The UFO Collective Google Group

its a tricky one.
Maybe we need to have the Dali Lama be abducted as witnessed by the Pope, Obama, Mayor Nenshi (the most trustworthy guy in Canada), and Tom Hanks, who for some reason is the most trustworthy person in America.

Of course that might be asking for a bit much.

And the scientific community would probably label it under "mass hysteria" and Bill Nye would go on CNN saying how you can't trust these guys any more than anyone else, and since it can't be true, it isn't.

I don't really know what to make of it myself. I was little scared to be honest when i first watched it. second time I fell asleep! Haven't really processed it

Mike,
So the steps are:
1. I and my team of neuro engineers came into your home last night,
2. we gased you while you were asleep and
3. transfered your brain patterns to a replicant body so perfect as to be indistinguishable from the original,
4. we destroyed the body you wore yesterday.
5. You woke up this morning none the wiser.
6. Having just found out the awful truth do you still feel like you ?"

You've made a grammatical error and a fatal logical one. The subject of step 5 is not that of 4. You cannot kill me in step 4 and have me wake up in step 5. The copy wakes up in step 5 thinking it is the original. I am dead, I cannot wake up in the morning.

To answer the question of step 6: The copy having found out you have killed the real human of which it is a copy, stops at nothing to get revenge and destroy the dangerous cult that threatens to destroy the living and replace them with lifeless automatons.

You seek eternal perfection through technology. I understand that. That is a desire for transcendence that is at the heart of most religious belief systems. Unfortunately it is a unreachable goal as well as being ultimately undesirable.

Living organisms created through the native intelligence of millions of years of evolution cannot be "replaced" by objects constructed by products of that process. It's absurd on so many levels.

I would honestly like to forward the motion to birth a whole new conversation right here. Apex. I don't know how I missed this, but somehow I did. Most likely I was too in a hurry to respond when I should have been reading. Thanks to Constance, I took notice in a round about way. This post represents to me a whole new model, amid models, for what might be a thought architecture experiment involving these concise yet fully comprehensible floor plan of notions centering around organism and mechanism. To the effect in which we can examine this entertaining and efficient logical thread to a multiplex of highly imaginative ends, while standing them all up against the exorcising fires of logical falsification's end. Wicked! It's quite inspiring from the stand point of it's brutal inescapability. Exhilarating, and IMO, a truly well made argument. It get's me vote for new thread material, but only due to all the other amazing inspiration that it merged with in the course of this thread's creating.

WKD-large.jpg

sorry just trollthing.

So what do we all feel about people's eyewitness accounts with little to no evidence?
it's all casual, though i didn't understand that eruption in the other thread - maybe it's all about tone. though i've always felt that you can read enough material by people posting here in order to get a good sense of tone, jest etc. as opposed to insult.

i understood where you were coming from. i was going to post this in the Fate thread, but i confess to being a Clark disciple, and feel that there are in fact two types of anomalies: event anomalies where not only do you get to measure the ray gun, but you get a good picture of it with a ruler, or a small stuffed penguin perhaps, beside it for scale. these cases with trace evidence are the hardcore cases so to speak, and are worth a lot more perusal.

everything else is an experience anomaly and these things really can't be proven at all - they exist only in the memory of the witness. their testimony is subject to shapeshifting as we float on down the ages, through telling after retelling, and that's why i find Turner to be difficult to appreciate, just like Keel - unless you like creative thinking and spooky stories. on the other hand, this eyewitness testimony is what is responsible for some of the most incredible stories be it hoop snakes, mermaids, lizard men and UFO's with aliens parked on the side of the highway with gills coming out their backs. all that stuff just gets filed under "curious" and is fodder for the "let's speculate" in all of us.

(i still do feel like myself but have all the same scars and faulty memory and grey hairs starting to show. if the aliens are going to recreate me, at the very least i want a better body and some nicer cameras.)

blue vodka drinks - that stuff's from jupiter right?

You're not alone. I'm probably going to be banned from future IUFOC conferences, never ever appear on C2CAM, and already am not allowed to attend upcoming supersoldiersummit conferences. Here's why:

George Noory – A missing link
Will MILAB Abduct Super Soldiers in 2014?
And, I was recently ousted by Bill Ryan himself from projectavalon. Wouldn't you know, I exposed him for something I couldn't believe until it happened to me:) But, I'm not doing an expose on him or his site for the reason he may change his mind or have a 'truth' awakening at some point... it's over a matter that's more complicated and needs time to iron out.

everything else is an experience anomaly and these things really can't be proven at all - they exist only in the memory of the witness. their testimony is subject to shapeshifting as we float on down the ages, through telling after retelling, and that's why i find Turner to be difficult to appreciate, just like Keel - unless you like creative thinking and spooky stories. on the other hand, this eyewitness testimony is what is responsible for some of the most incredible stories be it hoop snakes, mermaids, lizard men and UFO's with aliens parked on the side of the highway with gills coming out their backs. all that stuff just gets filed under "curious" and is fodder for the "let's speculate" in all of us.

(i still do feel like myself but have all the same scars and faulty memory and grey hairs starting to show. if the aliens are going to recreate me, at the very least i want a better body and some nicer cameras.)

blue vodka drinks - that stuff's from jupiter right?

Burnt,
What the heck is wrong with creative thinking and spooky stories? Especially if that's your forte in the realm of the paranormal. Keel would annihilate Clark on his best day with respect to "old school" ufology. Why? Because Keel was an original and highly imaginative (read: brilliant) paranormal researcher, that ultimately challenged, and prevailed against the mechanistic materialism dogma, of the then present ufological nuts n bolts science fiction study cults run rampant. This being despite tremendous evidence to the contrary, supporting alternate views, via first hand rigorously researched and obtained factual documentation that Keel provided his readership with. Keel was by no means just a story teller, although as an author he's unquestionably a natural. Both Clark and Keel were about facts and determinations of a very finite nature. However it was Keel that found, via his research inspired brilliance, that the assertion that what we were dealing with were space fairing aliens, was one consistent with ludicrous absurdity at best according to the data base of correlated evidence that he had amassed prior to writing Operation Trojan Horse. Believe me, Keel was far from some religious wacko who went around claiming flying saucers were from the pit of hell. That's not the case in the least, and certainly he had no religious angle that I am personally aware of. He cared about what he was conveying deeply, even to the effect that he would not stand down amid the prevailing "windy" pressure systems all around him as they duly voiced their grievances concerning his dangerous views.

Whereas Jerome Clark is a fact compiler. An paranormal experience documenter extraordinaire. The greatest in this sense, which I think him to be actually, doesn't even get a person in the ball park of individuality, let alone originality, and that's precisely what sat Keel so ridiculously far and away apart from MANY other paranormal trail sniffers in his day. It's one thing to comment on the realm of paranormal experiences, quite another to literally create a paradigm shift in paranormal perspective due to rigorous footwork resulting in correlated facts, first hand testimonies, and demographic studies, that lead to some very unorthodox conclusions in the most classic sense possible.

Burnt,
What the heck is wrong with creative thinking and spooky stories? Especially if that's your forte in the realm of the paranormal. Keel would annihilate Clark on his best day with respect to "old school" ufology. Why? Because Keel was an original and highly imaginative (read: brilliant) paranormal researcher, that ultimately challenged, and prevailed against the mechanistic materialism dogma, of the then present ufological nuts n bolts science fiction study cults run rampant. This being despite tremendous evidence to the contrary, supporting alternate views, via first hand rigorously researched and obtained factual documentation that Keel provided his readership with. Keel was by no means just a story teller, although as an author he's unquestionably a natural. Both Clark and Keel were about facts and determinations of a very finite nature. However it was Keel that found, via his research inspired brilliance, that the assertion that what we were dealing with were space fairing aliens, was one consistent with ludicrous absurdity at best according to the data base of correlated evidence that he had amassed prior to writing Operation Trojan Horse. Believe me, Keel was far from some religious wacko who went around claiming flying saucers were from the pit of hell. That's not the case in the least, and certainly he had no religious angle that I am personally aware of. He cared about what he was conveying deeply, even to the effect that he would not stand down amid the prevailing "windy" pressure systems all around him as they duly voiced their grievances concerning his dangerous views.

Whereas Jerome Clark is a fact compiler. An paranormal experience documenter extraordinaire. The greatest in this sense, which I think him to be actually, doesn't even get a person in the ball park of individuality, let alone originality, and that's precisely what sat Keel so ridiculously far and away apart from MANY other paranormal trail sniffers in his day. It's one thing to comment on the realm of paranormal experiences, quite another to literally create a paradigm shift in paranormal perspective due to rigorous footwork resulting in correlated facts, first hand testimonies, and demographic studies, that lead to some very unorthodox conclusions in the most classic sense possible.
i don't deny the inventiveness of Keel, but as a researcher - i know he was diligent, but it also seems that his anti-science approach allows for a much more "colourful" approach to the UFO question. From an earlier article with Clark critiquing Keel there's this:

If you believe John Keel, you also believe this: Supernatural gods (ultraterrestrials, hereafter UTs) once ruled directly over the earth but then returned to their abode, the superspectrum (the upper reaches of the electro-magnetic spectrum ), after human beings began to populate the planet. Displeased with the intrusion, the UTs engaged in protracted conflict with Homo sapiens in an effort to resolve this territorial dispute. (Keel does not explain why such presumably superior entities would have to wage the dispute over thousands of years.) The UTs also battled each other, and one group assumed human form so that it could more easily communicate with the Neanderthals, whom it sought to enlist in its physical army.

“The unintended result was sexual intercourse and the creation of the human race as we know it.[iii] This produced strange responses in the offsprings materialized nervous system,” Keel wrote. “Emotions were born. Frequencies were changed. The direct control of the superintelligence was driven from their bodies. They were trapped on Earth, unable to ascend the electromagnetic scale and reenter their etheric world. With the loss of control, they became animals, albeit highly intelligent animals.” [iv]​

According to Keel, humanity’s long interaction with the supernatural, as well as the timely intervention of enigmatic, unearthly strangers in the lives of historical personages such as Thomas Jefferson and Malcolm X, testifies to the continuing presence of the gods of old, including God, who dwell in the superspectrum. Its manifestations include UFOs and their occupants, monsters, demons, angels, poltergeists, ghosts, and voices in the head.

“The Devil’s emissaries of yesterday have been replaced by the mysterious men in black,” he stated. “The quasi-angels of Biblical times have become magnificent spacemen. The demons, devils, and false angels were recognized as liars and plunderers by early man. The same impostors now appear as long-haired Venusians.” [v]

So i don't know - the whole demonic thing seems to be a central feature of his. I don't buy his version of mothman at all. I think he took come personal experiences, invented some of his own and came to frightening conclusions. That doesn't mean they are not interesting conclusions.

JOHN KEEL vs UFOLOGY « eye of the cyclone

Question: Would not artificial beings break themselves from the ties between plant and animal life and therefore the earth itself becoming motherless children in the cauldron of space? Besides, I doubt they could experience anything like genuine inebriation. Another black mark against transhumanism. Hey, I'm buying that cute robot down at the end of the bar a quart of oil. Yeah, 10w30 with a shot of STP.

Back