• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Backyard UFO Watch

Thanks for clarifying that. Part of what I'm doing is networking with other providers and developers, so it's good to know what other options are out there. I still build sites the old-school way from the ground up with a text editor and an image editor, and with HTML 5 sound files can be simply embed right into the markup. I don't bother with the social networking icons and recently ran across another developer who wrote an article why he thinks they're way over-hyped, even potentially negative: Saying no to social media buttons I liked this guys attitude so much I subscribed to his newsletter. Anyway, I'm getting off-track. Maybe I should start a separate thread for people interested in this stuff.

I'm great with technology, but coding sites from the ground up is one of my blind spots. We're including a few of our socials on there but I like that the buttons are not in your face. One of the running themes on the show is my ineptitude with social media, so you might appreciate that. Brian is 10 years younger than me and he's a social media expert and works with it professionally. We have gained a lot of traction using Twitter, which is one of the few social media avenues I travel.

To summarize though, I went with Fireside because I know the person that runs it knows what podcasters need. He's mentioned in an interview that he included unlimited bandwidth because most of the podcasts out there don't need that much, and the ones that do usually have very specific needs and go their own way. He just wants to have a service that makes people like me (hobbyists) have a great way to get a show out there.

It's 8 extra dollars per Podcast, not per episode, so that's not something we're paying.. We were with SoundCloud but they had issues. For an extra few dollars per month, we're getting a much better interface, a website, unlimited hosting and service from a team that know what podcasters need. We looked at a bunch of options, but everything with Fireside really made us go to them. I heard good things from everyone using the service and I trust the founder - he's a podcaster I know and like and he knows what's important for indie podcasters. We only signed up yesterday, and I'll let you know how it goes.

So far though, I have never had such a good experience with this type of service.

I just wanted to add: by far the most important factor was the convenience. It really is only a few dollars more but the interface and how easy it was to get up and running was worth.
Dan Benjamin is a pretty good podcaster (5x5) and I think he wrote fireside from a posdcasters perspective.

Dan Benjamin is a pretty good podcaster (5x5) and I think he wrote fireside from a posdcasters perspective.

Yup - he co-hosts one of my favourite shows (Back to Work) and when I sent an email with my questions about the service he's the one that gave me all the answers. Customer service like that is part of the reason I signed up.

Back