• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Backyard UFO Watch

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
Wow man, I absolutely love the show.

You had me hooked as soon as I saw the title and artwork - I got a flashback to taking a hole much to my old Apple II floppies to make them double density, and hearing the "lode runner" bleeps.

Love the casual format, love the merger of tech and paranormal, and love your guys' attitude about both topics.

How did I not know about this? Keep going!

Wow man, I absolutely love the show.

You had me hooked as soon as I saw the title and artwork - I got a flashback to taking a hole much to my old Apple II floppies to make them double density, and hearing the "lode runner" bleeps.

Love the casual format, love the merger of tech and paranormal, and love your guys' attitude about both topics.

How did I not know about this? Keep going!

Thanks! I'm not one to advertise it too much on this forum other than the mention in my signature. We are looking to keep this going for as long as we can - it's a really fun hobby and there's no real pressure. We're eventually planning to have a true website once we switch away from SoundCloud.

Thanks for listening and tell your friends!

I also found the show to be very listenable. There's probably a niche for laid back conversation that fills the void and provides some food for thought without putting a lot of demand on the listener. I can leave it on just like background music and the relaxed natural sounding conversation has a sort of comforting quality. It's a complete contrast to the Alex Jones' of the world. We don't always need to be exposed to shock broadcasting. I think you're onto something :cool: .

I also found the show to be very listenable. There's probably a niche for laid back conversation that fills the void and provides some food for thought without putting a lot of demand on the listener. I can leave it on just like background music and the relaxed natural sounding conversation has a sort of comforting quality. It's a complete contrast to the Alex Jones' of the world. We don't always need to be exposed to shock broadcasting. I think you're onto something :cool: .

Yeah - as you can tell we don't take things too seriously and we have fun with it. We also try to be informative though and provide our take on stuff. I wouldn't mind being considered the anti-Alex Jones.

Yeah - as you can tell we don't take things too seriously and we have fun with it. We also try to be informative though and provide our take on stuff. I wouldn't mind being considered the anti-Alex Jones.
I just wanted to be kicking back with a beer in my hand hanging with you guys as I listened.

Sounds like you two really enjoy doing this.

Last edited:
I just wanted to be kicking back with a beer in my hand hanging with you guys as I listened.

Sounds like you two really enjoy doing this.

We do. So much so that last night we started work on our own website instead of sending people to the Sound Cloud link. I'll post a link to the new site in the forum once it's up and running. The plan is to have it up for the next episode release on Sunday night.

We do. So much so that last night we started work on our own website instead of sending people to the Sound Cloud link. I'll post a link to the new site in the forum once it's up and running. The plan is to have it up for the next episode release on Sunday night.
I just subscribed through iTunes, easy as pie. Might want to toss people a link to that.

I just subscribed through iTunes, easy as pie. Might want to toss people a link to that.

The link is actually working and the rss feed is now coming from there, but the site isn't ready for us to fully share. It's not even 24 hours old yet. But for you fellow Paracast forum members, you can find it at www.doubledensity.net, but keep in mind it is unfinished. Everything works though, we just need to add some more content and fix the banner.

Please let me know what you think and by all means, feel free to share with your friends. The more listeners we get, the more motivating it is! A review in iTunes is always appreciated as well.

The link is actually working and the rss feed is now coming from there, but the site isn't ready for us to fully share. It's not even 24 hours old yet. But for you fellow Paracast forum members, you can find it at www.doubledensity.net, but keep in mind it is unfinished. Everything works though, we just need to add some more content and fix the banner.

Please let me know what you think and by all means, feel free to share with your friends. The more listeners we get, the more motivating it is! A review in iTunes is always appreciated as well.
I see you decided to go with a Fireside template. Their page says 20 bucks a month plus 8 bucks per MP3 episode. I know templates are tempting, but it seems like there should be less expensive solutions out there. I've gotten back into website design and hosting and have unlimited disk space, but not sure about bandwidth. I'm not sure how anyone can really offer unlimited of either. but just curious what were the most important factors for you that led you to choose them?

I see you decided to go with a Fireside template. Their page says 20 bucks a month plus 8 bucks per MP3 episode. I know templates are tempting, but it seems like there should be less expensive solutions out there. I've gotten back into website design and hosting and have unlimited disk space, but not sure about bandwidth. I'm not sure how anyone can really offer unlimited of either. but just curious what were the most important factors for you that led you to choose them?

It's 8 extra dollars per Podcast, not per episode, so that's not something we're paying.. We were with SoundCloud but they had issues. For an extra few dollars per month, we're getting a much better interface, a website, unlimited hosting and service from a team that know what podcasters need. We looked at a bunch of options, but everything with Fireside really made us go to them. I heard good things from everyone using the service and I trust the founder - he's a podcaster I know and like and he knows what's important for indie podcasters. We only signed up yesterday, and I'll let you know how it goes.

So far though, I have never had such a good experience with this type of service.

I just wanted to add: by far the most important factor was the convenience. It really is only a few dollars more but the interface and how easy it was to get up and running was worth.

Last edited:
For what it's worth www.doubledensity.com is also showing up on Castbox a aggregate and podcast source for those on android.

Got you guys locked and loaded along with monster quest, radiolab and a few other goodies.

Hearing stuff like this makes me really happy. A lot of the podcast apps use the iTunes library which ends up propagating to everything. I'm happy you found it.

It's 8 extra dollars per Podcast, not per episode, so that's not something we're paying.. We were with SoundCloud but they had issues. For an extra few dollars per month, we're getting a much better interface, a website, unlimited hosting and service from a team that know what podcasters need. We looked at a bunch of options, but everything with Fireside really made us go to them. I heard good things from everyone using the service and I trust the founder - he's a podcaster I know and like and he knows what's important for indie podcasters. We only signed up yesterday, and I'll let you know how it goes.

So far though, I have never had such a good experience with this type of service.

I just wanted to add: by far the most important factor was the convenience. It really is only a few dollars more but the interface and how easy it was to get up and running was worth.
Thanks for clarifying that. Part of what I'm doing is networking with other providers and developers, so it's good to know what other options are out there. I still build sites the old-school way from the ground up with a text editor and an image editor, and with HTML 5 sound files can be simply embed right into the markup. I don't bother with the social networking icons and recently ran across another developer who wrote an article why he thinks they're way over-hyped, even potentially negative: Saying no to social media buttons I liked this guys attitude so much I subscribed to his newsletter. Anyway, I'm getting off-track. Maybe I should start a separate thread for people interested in this stuff.

Back