• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

At Long Last: Whitley Strieber will be our guest!

Mr. Strieber, I've read that you're a practicing Catholic. Even if not, perhaps you'd care to respond:

For background, the new testament book of Acts, chapter 26, verse 18, says Jesus sent Paul to turn people from "darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God . . ."

Now your work of imagining and writing horror stories like Night Church (about satanists meeting in a catholic church in Queens) surely had a dark impact on your life.

1) Did your imaginary work on dark novels expose you to something real?

2) What is the relationship in the "Super Natural World" between Jesus and Satan and the strange "communion" entities you've reported?

3) Is Satan a real external agent for you, or merely a human mental construct?

4) Mike Clelland reported in his book on owls and synchronicity that you believe that the Grays are submitted to God. Why do you believe that?​
Some very thoughtful questions Mr. Strathman. Thank you for posting them. Did you have a chance to hear the Paracast interview with Dr. Kirby Surprise on his new book about synchronicities? If you agree with that author that a self-fulfilling mechanism of consciousness for the generation of, "the reality of, synchronicities, exists," then one interpretation might be that all who may have had a "super real" experience of some sort may have unknowingly/unwittingly brought it upon themselves. Is that the way you see Whitley's circumstance or do you see things differently? What is your view?

In addition to meditation what other advice would Whitley give to someone like Mike Cllelan who is relatively new to the "visitor experience" as to how he might better adjust to/deal with the kind of "super real" events he now seems to be experiencing.

Mike Clelland's owl experiences just don't strike me as very compelling. I've listened to a lot of his podcasts and interviews now and keep waiting to hear something intriguing about his encounters with owls, but it just hasn't happened. Almost all of his owl-related stories go along the lines of:"Decided to go hiking with a friend. That night as we built a campfire an owl flew past us."

Really?

Wow.

Anyone could pick any common airborne species and market around it a similarly exaggerated, delusory case that there was something 'magical' about its routine visitations.

"The Message of the Mosquito"

"Moths: A Spiritual Awakening"

"Call of the Sparrow, Call of the Heart"

...you see what I mean?

*cough* it's bullshit *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back