• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

At Long Last: Whitley Strieber will be our guest!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
After several attempts over the years, Whitley Strieber (who needs no introduction) will be on the Paracast discussing his new book: The Super Natural, co-authored w/ Newton Rayzor Professor of Religion at Rice University, Jeffery Kripal.

"[This] book looks at 'all kinds of 'impossible' things, from extra-dimensional beings to bilocation to bumps in the night. They contend that these phenomena are not impossible at all: rather, they are part of our natural world. The Super Natural considers that the natural world is actually a "super natural world"—and all we have to do to see this is to change the lenses through which we are looking at it and the languages through which we are presently limiting it. In short" The extraordinary exists if we know how to look at and think about it"

Please post QUESTIONS ONLY on this thread. If you'd like to discuss Strieber, get a thread, thanks. We will be taping this coming Tuesday afternoon

Mr. Strieber, I've read that you're a practicing Catholic. Even if not, perhaps you'd care to respond:

For background, the new testament book of Acts, chapter 26, verse 18, says Jesus sent Paul to turn people from "darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God . . ."

Now your work of imagining and writing horror stories like Night Church (about satanists meeting in a catholic church in Queens) surely had a dark impact on your life.

1) Did your imaginary work on dark novels expose you to something real?

2) What is the relationship in the "Super Natural World" between Jesus and Satan and the strange "communion" entities you've reported?

3) Is Satan a real external agent for you, or merely a human mental construct?

4) Mike Clelland reported in his book on owls and synchronicity that you believe that the Grays are submitted to God. Why do you believe that?​

Q. Do you have any ideas as to why some people seem to be exposed to none/some/lots of paranormal experiences? Could it be to do with the consciousness of the individual?

Q. Where do you now stand in your thinking regarding abductions? Physical happening involving removal to another place or something that happens in the mind or another dimension etc?

Q. Do you still have a foreign object in your ear?

Q. How would you answer accusations that as a writer, you may have imagined or created paranormal events for yourself either to sell books or gain notoriety in the paranormal field.

Thanks for appearing Whitley, The Paracast has wanted you to do a show for a long time.

Q: What's your take on the "Caret" drones? I find this fascinating since they are so well documented by credible reporters such as Linda M. Howe—and that you were able to witness one outside your bedroom window in Santa Monica. What are they?!?

QUESTION: Dr. Jacobs recently stated that Budd Hopkins shared the belief that "Hubrids" are living amongst us. You knew Budd Hopkins well, did he ever share his opinion on Hubrids living amongst us? If so, please elaborate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

After several attempts over the years, Whitley Strieber (who needs no introduction) will be on the Paracast discussing his new book: The Super Natural, co-authored w/ Newton Rayzor Professor of Religion at Rice University, Jeffery Kripal.

"[This] book looks at 'all kinds of 'impossible' things, from extra-dimensional beings to bilocation to bumps in the night. They contend that these phenomena are not impossible at all: rather, they are part of our natural world. The Super Natural considers that the natural world is actually a "super natural world"—and all we have to do to see this is to change the lenses through which we are looking at it and the languages through which we are presently limiting it. In short" The extraordinary exists if we know how to look at and think about it"

Please post QUESTIONS ONLY on this thread. If you'd like to discuss Strieber, get a thread, thanks. We will be taping this coming Tuesday afternoon
Wow. The apocalypse has started. Kidding.
Ask streiber about Lam, the crowly Lam. And why does his alien match crowlys Lam? Is it occultic connections? A portal opening for these beings to cross? I donno... Nice to have ya on the show.

Wow. The apocalypse has started. Kidding.
Ask streiber about Lam, the crowly Lam. And why does his alien match crowlys Lam? Is it occultic connections? A portal opening for these beings to cross? I donno... Nice to have ya on the show.

Thanks for contributing Heisenberg but please make it easier for Chris and Gene by formatting questions individually, e.g. "Q. Why do you think your alien greys resemble Alistair Crowley's 'Lam' being?"

What do you think the percentage of people that have been abducted by aliens is vs. those that only think they have been abducted by aliens is?

Do you think that in most cases, the alien abduction scenario has been influenced by popular culture?
For example, the notion of the "grey" alien has actually been around for 125 years, as a description similar to them was published in the book Meda: A Tale of the Future by Kenneth Folingsby, and then of course popularized over the course of decades, through comics, books, and film.

I recently read a short passage in John Mack's Passport to the Cosmos that caught my attention. It stated that you had been on a path to personal transformation through the Gurdjieff Foundation coupled with intense meditation before you became aware of your visitor experiences. So here's the chicken and egg question:

*Do you feel that your Gurdjieff work was the catalyst for your experiences or did prior, unknown experiences perhaps trigger your interest in a quest for self-transformation?

The passage ended with this: 'When he told his Gurdjieff teacher about his experiences with the beings, which had initially been intensely terrifying, the teacher said, "Fifteen seconds with those people; fifteen years of meditation. You're very lucky"'

*What role do you feel Buddhism and meditation play, if any, in the visitor experience? I'm particularly interested in hearing your opinion about the Zen poke and the possible alien/visitor experience being a wake up call for humanity, something which I experienced myself after having read your book The Grays.

1. Mr. Streiber, in light of this recent work, The Super Natural, and your previous writings, how do you personally qualify your own experiences - do you see yourself as a Contactee and if so which of the Contactees do you align yourself with most? If not Contactee then do you see yourself more as a prophet or wise sage? What is the role of your writing in our culture?

2. The Heavens Gate suicide cult took drastic action upon hearing the confirmation of a secondary 'alien' object inside a comet. Ths turned out to be a dangerous prophetic seres of events. How do you currently reflect upon the events of that time period and do you feel in any way that belief in aliens can be dangerous to society at large?

3. Stories of alien abduction in our culture frequently involve medieval kidnapping tales of human torture, medical experimentation and sexual assault. Is there any human value or positive aspect to this super natural story or is it simply a nightmare representing any one of a number of human traumatic experiences?

I read Kripal as arguing that supernatural experiences - either 'real' ones, misperceived ones or some combination thereof - can under the right conditions turn into (or get co-opted by) power-oriented social institutions like religion or politics. Your own work is an icon of the narrative of the Other (aliens, visitors, whatever). Do you think the narrative of the Other as told by yourself and other experiencers in the media today have or will ultimately result in the shaping or emergence of broader social movements or institutions? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

(Apologies to Kripal if I didn't get his thesis right; I only started reading him recently.)

Q. Isn't it only self-erected barriers in the human mind creating arbitrary distinctions between 'normal' and 'paranormal' and 'natural and 'super natural' that make so-called anomalous phenomena 'interesting'? In other words, isn't the solution to this entire mystery simply to see the self evident truth that it's all only a mental fabrication?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q.1 Mr Whitley having read your other books such 'The Key' which is a very interesting and thought provoking do you think it happens to more folks around the World?

Q.2 Mr Whitley what is your thoughts on Bentwaters UFO incident and did your father or other family members ever discuss any paranormal incidents while in the US service on defence instillations?

Well done the Paracast for finally getting this interview. Looking forward to it very much.

Im hoping to hear more on his views on the greys and the dead.

Would he go so far as to consider the greys are in fact a post biological society posing as biologicals to interface with us

Q. What evidence is there for the greys are from space, and not within our own mysterious planet?
And does he believe that the greys munipulate their shape via thoughts of popular culture memes?
And what is the connection between greys of modern times to the times past meme, the demon?
What does he think about Djinn?

Q. Bonus Question, ask him about bigfoot and ufos, im curious. Whats the deal?
Tnx.

I’d be curious in knowing how Kripal became mixed up with Whitley? Also, if anyone is daring enough to plunge into “Slidegate”, perhaps, Whitley would consider sharing his opinion and that of Linda Howe, in relation to the now infamous “BeWitness” event, having taken place in beautiful downtown Mexico City.

Gracias

1) Do you think the majority of current theories and discussions around abduction experiences are focussing too much on the literalness and the physicality of these happenings at the detriment of the symbolic, the psychological, the spiritual even?

2) If we all stop believing in grey aliens would they just go away?

3) I heard that William S Burroughs once came out to your cabin, where the events described in Communion took place, in the hope of replicating your experiences. Is this true and if so what happened when he visited?

I think the co-authored book "Super Natural... by Streiber and Kripal may eventually help to institute a new more mature level of dialogue on the paranormal based on the interview they gave on another webcast.

I had wanted to ask Whitley why, with all the intimacy and exchange he seems to have had with the "visitors" he writes about, was he unable to gain the opportunity to come away with either credible pictures of craft nor of "a visitor?"

In addition to meditation what other advice would Whitley give to someone like Mike Cllelan who is relatively new to the "visitor experience" as to how he might better adjust to/deal with the kind of "super real" events he now seems to be experiencing. Like you he has turned to documenting, illustrating, and writing about his experiences and also like you he has looked to others to learn about their experiences and adjustments, which he has then shared with webcast audiences for their edification. That all seems quite healthy to me. What might you add to that?

Now that you have had the chance to "go deeper" in your experiencer recollections with the assistance of Mr. Kripal do you have a fresh interpretation of the 9 knocks experience at your cabin or are you still content with what you have already said in print about that odd experience?

All of these questions seem to have come too late for the recording of this show, but if you, Whitley, happen to look at this forum after the show I hope you will answer them on your own show.
Thank you for accepting the invitation from the Paracast hosts to come and speak to their audience. I for one am eager to hear how that interview turned out.

Back