• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Art Bell- Night time radio

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
As usual I awoke this morning about 6:00 AM and wondered out to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee. I turned on the radio to my favorite AM station KABC 790 AM. (Two really big stations in Los Angeles are KFI 640 AM and KABC 790 AM. And I might add they do not like each other. Keep in mind that back in the 1990's Bell and C2C ran on KFI and now Noory has that C2C spot.)

So listening to Doug McIntyre do his usual schtick I sipped my coffee and they went to a break. Lo and Behold .. I hear Art Bell's dulcet tones and they announce "Art is coming back to the airwaves on KABC starting at 10:00 PM tonight on KABC 790 AM!" Guess who else is on KFI at 10:00 PM? It looks like finally Bell and Noory will be going "head to head" on at least the LA airwaves! LOL!! :) This will prove to be interesting.

Decker

I don't agree with Art Bell about much, but he's a wiz broadcaster, what can you say about that golden voice, and he runs a fun show.
Definitely one of the most fun things in Baltimore at 2am and much more entertaining than c2c.

Well Art has let it be known that he is NOT a big fan of George Noory so ... with that being said ... maybe a race between them for the most outrageous guest .. the most off the wall topics ... maybe a little snark from Art on George or *gasp!! a little snark from George on Art's return to the airwaves ... the mind boggles.

The truth be known ... I can't wait to see how this *might* play out.

Decker

It really seems that once you have radio in your system, you just cannot walk away. I think Art is still sore that he sold all rights to C2C and he is pissed that it is still huge. He probably hoped it would dwindle to nothing so that he could feel it was only successful as a format with him at the wheel.

I do like Art as a broadcaster, he is slick, sounds good, has a fair breadth of knowledge etc but I don't listen to Art to hear the truth, that's all.

I remember when Art was leaving C2C and Noory was replacing him. Art said of Noory, 'He gets it.' As in, Noory know what the radio program is trying to sell. It's all about entertainment. I hope no one is listening expecting a solution to UFOs.

I remember when Art was leaving C2C and Noory was replacing him. Art said of Noory, 'He gets it.' As in, Noory know what the radio program is trying to sell. It's all about entertainment. I hope no one is listening expecting a solution to UFOs.
That may be too ambitious..
If it's any consolation, though, there are some people listening to it who aren't expecting a solution to UFOs. :p
Just fun and back muscle laser commercials.

Or meds to fix your prostate or your sexual activity issues, or to build your gold/silver portfolio in case everything comes crashing down. We once had an advertiser who sold survival food. Wish they were still around; we could use the cash. :D

That may be too ambitious..
If it's any consolation, though, there are some people listening to it who aren't expecting a solution to UFOs. :p
Just fun and back muscle laser commercials.
I would never consider listening to George Snoory 'fun.' Prostate commercials - less so.

When I started getting into podcasts I always listened to the Art Bell classics. George Noory always gave off an "I'm only doing this for the cash" sort of feeling, rather than being actually interested in it. JC Webster episodes were certainly entertaining, but something about that felt like it was someone pulling a prank. Did anyone ever listen to Kevin Smith ? I thought his shows were pretty decent.

When I started getting into podcasts I always listened to the Art Bell classics. George Noory always gave off an "I'm only doing this for the cash" sort of feeling, rather than being actually interested in it. JC Webster episodes were certainly entertaining, but something about that felt like it was someone pulling a prank. Did anyone ever listen to Kevin Smith ? I thought his shows were pretty decent.

I was able to restore large archive of Kevin Smith shows in the end together with Paranet Continuum with Michael Corbin (after Michael died his site went offline too). Radio history in this field must be preserved.

You could be also interested in this:
Wendy Connors 'Faded Discs' - journeys through audio UFO history - available in public domain!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Art has let it be known that he is NOT a big fan of George Noory so ... with that being said ... maybe a race between them for the most outrageous guest .. the most off the wall topics ... maybe a little snark from Art on George or *gasp!! a little snark from George on Art's return to the airwaves ... the mind boggles.

The truth be known ... I can't wait to see how this *might* play out.

Decker

Don is correct. Here is a hamradio recording that I shared in the past:
Hamradio-SSB-Art.Bell.comments.George.Noory.mp3 - Box

My original post and background regarding recording here (2nd one from the top of page):
The Return of Art Bell

It's good fun. Just try to fill so many hours a week with good guests , not easy i guess. And in Open Lines you get to hear some good stories.

I was able to restore large archive of Kevin Smith shows in the end together with Paranet Continuum with Michael Corbin (after Michael died his site went offline too). Radio history in this field must be preserved.

You could be also interested in this:
Wendy Connors 'Faded Discs' - journeys through audio UFO history - available in public domain!!!

Were can I get access to your archive of Kevin Smith shows? I used to tune in a lot. He is missed.

As far as the new Art Bell show. I am glad he is back, I don't agree with his guests or his topics many times, but he has had a few good shows in the mix.

Back