• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Area 51 & Roswell Twlight Zone

ABC's Nightline vs Annie Jacobsen about her Roswell source
Video link:
http://tinyurl.com/3jqw5yw

Interesting. It shows a serious difference of opinion, and although the first part of her book seems to be right on, there is some question as to the latter half. As far as the "little people" he (one of the men at Area 51 at the time) supposedly held (she shows how he was cradling one in his arms), this was downplayed by ABC but not ruled out as happening. It seems that he might have seen something but not held something....

Lastly, she states that she has tapes, audio, etc. with these men stating what it is she wrote in her book...I would love to see if she actually releases this stuff! I believe the interviewer was right on when he stated that stories can be changed and mistakenly told years later, so perhaps she needs to collaborate her findings with some audio/video recordings of these men stating thus. As if not, the end result could be similar to others we all know about who changed their stories after initially speaking differently, and thus could be just another govt. coverup attempt at snuffing out the truth that the men clarified with her in the first place.

I guess in time we shall see.

Watched the videos and still think more to this episode in history and Cold War was full of cat & mouse games why bring out this story now? Where else was there UFO sightings or Crash? around the world? Wonder if Russia, China, Japan, Middle East , South America had any durng the same period?

Watched the videos and still think more to this episode in history and Cold War was full of cat & mouse games why bring out this story now? Where else was there UFO sightings or Crash? around the world? Wonder if Russia, China, Japan, Middle East , South America had any durng the same period?

There were a number of alleged crashes in 1945-'47. Some were in Sweden, one supposedly occurred at Socorro NM on May 31, 1947.

There were a number of alleged crashes in 1945-'47. Some were in Sweden, one supposedly occurred at Socorro NM on May 31, 1947.

The ones you mention in "Sweden"....Do you have any sites or information further on these as I never read anything about them. The Socorro New Mexico incident I had.

Googling "ghost rocket" should get you there. Pretty interesting stuff, but as I recall nothing substantive ever appeared to explain the weirdness. Very definitely some weirdness of some sort going on, but I don't think anybody knows much more than that. Of course there are lots of stories about military retrievals and such, but again, I don't think there was any corroboration.

Googling "ghost rocket" should get you there. Pretty interesting stuff, but as I recall nothing substantive ever appeared to explain the weirdness. Very definitely some weirdness of some sort going on, but I don't think anybody knows much more than that. Of course there are lots of stories about military retrievals and such, but again, I don't think there was any corroboration.

Hmmmm......IXQuicked Ghost Rocket and came up with this site:

PROJECT 1947: A Ghost Rocket Chronology - Joel Carpenter - Part One

This to the context of the subject:

17 Feb 47 - USN CNO Intel Rept on visit of US NA and associates to members of Swedish air staff and SAAB guided missile division. Describes Swedish work on "pilotless aircraft" and missiles - SAAB 301, 302. "During the conversation on guided missiles Colonel Westergard who heads up the Airplane Design Section of the Air Ministry made the following statements relative to the missiles which have been reported over Sweden from an unknown source...there have been about 1,000 observations of which about 10% [? illegible] are reliable...it was stated that the best observation was from an officer of an artillery group who sighted a missile in his optical range finder and was able to follow it for about 1 1/2 minutes. It was in approximately level flight at about 8,000 metres distance and was reported as being about 12 meters long, shaped something like a torpedo. Due to the angle the officer was unable to determine whether or not there were wings....It was stated that every time a Swedish airplane flies over the Baltic anywhere near Peenemünde a Russian airplane promptly appears and shadows it. From this the Swedes assume that the Russians must have good radar coverage of this area. It was also stated that they understood that all civilians had been evacuated from Peenemünde or Ursale [sic?]"

End Quote

Advanced V1 testing is what seems to be what they had seen over there....

Interesting.

Just finished listening to George Knapp's interview of Ms. Jacobsen. Again, I can't speak to her scholarship regarding the overall history of Area 51. The Roswell story is apparently only about 7 out of over 500 published pages. ? But her Roswell blurb came across as cagey and disconnected. Knapp posed some very pertinent questions about the Stalin hoax. Such as asking why the Soviets never proceeded to fill the skies with advanced flying discs post 1947. If I had to choose, I would take the Mogul balloon claptrap over Uncle Joe's flying mutants.

A comment found on the Area 51 Facebook page about the ABC coverage :
http://www.facebook.com/Area51TheBook
The Nightline piece was not news, it was an example of attack journalism. It was a prime example of how an argument can be "won" through editing. The camera showed Annie when she was uncomfortable, and shifted to the incredulous expressions of the interviewer when she was making her strongest points.

What the interview skimmed over was the fact that there was indeed a source for the Roswell story, he confirmed the material in the book, his account differing only on minor, not major details.

Jacobsen may deserve this treatment, but manipulation in a news show is pretty crappy. I doubt they'd treat any legitimate paranormal author much better.

In a larger sense, Jacobsen has received incredibly generous treatment from the press by virtue of exposure in the major media. I think she must be well connected somehow and probably doesn't care what big media says about her book as long as they "spell her name right", as it were.

In a larger sense, Jacobsen has received incredibly generous treatment from the press by virtue of exposure in the major media. I think she must be well connected somehow and probably doesn't care what big media says about her book as long as they "spell her name right", as it were.

The question is whether she's ready for the harder questions, particularly about the Roswell matter. I can think of a few. :)

Jacobsen may deserve this treatment, but manipulation in a news show is pretty crappy. I doubt they'd treat any legitimate paranormal author much better.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> When you have been inundated with E.T. stories, commentaries and author’s who promote E.T.’s almost guaranteed crash at Roswell, mixed with names such as the Little A'Le'Inn and supposed eyewitness accounting, the likes of which prove nothing more than something strange might have happened in the desert that day, albeit the wannabe space cadet’s necessity to confirm by proxy, it’s not surprising that someone with a different and un “alien” theory would be so scrutinized. Her personal and educational background is impressive, and no, even “one upping” the inferences on this forum as to yet another, "government cover-up” type author, hell bent on poo pooing what just has to be wrong, because it just doesn’t have Marvin the Martian in the formula; Annie Jacobsen doesn’t come across in her book as being an outright liar….

Aggrandizing her findings yes, but liar no.

1. The Horten Brothers had vanished after World War Two and were then supposedly seen in Eastern held Soviet Germany, or at White Sands, or British occupied West Germany, or one sighting even had the two testing their latest type X (13) craft in the Urals. This, based on eyewitness accounts and not a proven fact.
  2. I stand by my theory that Kenneth Arnold saw an earlier prototype of the Horten GO 229 in formation over Mt. Rainier, but even if I am mistaken in this, there are still theories out there which are more probable than the usual, “Oh no, it had to be E.T…”..for instance: http://ufos.about.com/od/projectsign/a/projecttwinkle.htm and possibly sun glare or another natural anomaly.
  3. I have trouble believing Herr Mengele ever witnessed the inside of any Soviet held or occupied landscape, no less worked on deforming the human genome to create miniature “carbon based units” as the cone heads would say. If anyone ever watched The Boys From Brazil, this I think would have been more up his alley to attempt to achieve….although even cloning a Hitler in the late 40’s seems extreme.
Lastly, I do not believe the crash at Roswell was Soviet in nature as Jacobsen reports. I continue to believe that “if” it was anything of a "propulsion" type vehicle, it was terrestrial and most probably United States Military in origin. If as mentioned earlier, the Horten investment was looking like something which might develop into a fruition viable in today’s technology, it would have been tested and shown to be in need of re-vamping many times until we arrive at today’s stealth technology. George Knapp’s interview was interesting because he asked her an excellent question pertaining to the vehicle supposedly used by the Soviet Union crashing at Roswell that day, and that was, “Well if the Soviets used this form of technology in testing and such, then why aren’t they using the technology shown in their aircraft today?” Jacobsen basically evaded the question and then they went on to other aspects of the subject. My answer to it is quite simple….

Because it wasn’t the Soviet’s who crashed anything the Horten Brother’s developed that day, it was the United States who did.

And then eventually with trial and effort:
015.jpg
Look Familiar to you?

Or..you know...just putting that out there...it might have been 'Aliens'. (but honestly, thank you for that excellent post)

Annie Jacobsen's 'Area 51: An Uncensored History...'

Has anyone read this POS? Wow. It's loaded with errors and speculation that she presents as facts. Even if you're willing to look past that the Soviets engineered Roswell to spread panic and that Area 51 was named because it was founded in 1951, there are just basic WWII history errors. What a joke.

I'm willing to entertain the Horton (Kammler)-UFO connection hypothesis. But it has serious flaws. The B-2 does not (as far as we peons out here know) hover and then dart away at hypersonic speeds.

Back