• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Area 51 & Roswell Twlight Zone

You ever wonder why these nuts must continuously use the most radical of comparatives when looking for conspiracies or explanations to otherwise serious events...LOL!

Couldn't it have been something as different as say.....

The early natives of Madagascar, that fantastically "with it" and eventual Republic, looking early on for someone to care that they actually existed, decided to cause the Roswell incident just to have Annie Jacobsen inform us 64 years later that they mean business!

Now it's the Russians (not to take advantage of the fact that they were an ex cold war enemy) who are the obvious culprits.

Honestly, I thought that Gus Hall and his cronies were doing a good enough job of it in NYC without the need to be so covert and devious for this reason....or if that's not good enough, what about Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. This country was already "Commie" petrified and overly paranoid for many years after World War II without the need for any subversive monkey business. The Soviets were a group of people who out-rightly made anyone they felt like panic without the need to do it secretly....Just ask Khrushchev's son about how his father couldn't wait to plant missiles 40 miles off our southern coast or how close Kennedy was to pushing the button....

Stalin was collaborating with Dr. Josef Mengele??? How did he get in touch; Mengele fled to South America to hide.

I don't find the notion of modified humans acquired from the Nazis post WWII impossible believe (unfortunately). And it would explain the frantic need for a cover up at all costs. The Stalin angle sounds utterly cuckoo. But this sounds like flimsy speculation, at best.

I don't find the notion of modified humans acquired from the Nazis post WWII impossible believe (unfortunately). And it would explain the frantic need for a cover up at all costs.

Coverup? If US investigators ever determined that the soviets had enlisted a nazi fugitive to use deformed humans for a scam like this--what a propaganda bonanza!

The Stalin angle sounds utterly cuckoo. But this sounds like flimsy speculation, at best.

Absolutely stupid.

Coverup? If US investigators ever determined that the soviets had enlisted a nazi fugitive to use deformed humans for a scam like this--what a propaganda bonanza! Absolutely stupid.

Trajanus, this frightens me, but it seems we actually agree. :) Get out your snow shoes people, Hell might just have frozen over!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Stalin was collaborating with Dr. Josef Mengele??? How did he get in touch; Mengele fled to South America to hide.

They somehow communicated via their secret spy watches Trajanus.

Coverup? If US investigators ever determined that the soviets had enlisted a nazi fugitive to use deformed humans for a scam like this--what a propaganda bonanza!

What I meant to say is that I find it plausible that the U.S. acquired and used them. There were more than a few ex-Nazi scientists working in the American Southwest at the time. Growing up in San Antonio, TX in the 50's and 60's, you even get a slight sense of that blowback.

What I meant to say is that I find it plausible that the U.S. acquired and used them. There were more than a few ex-Nazi scientists working in the American Southwest at the time...

Sure but using scientists isn't the same as collaborating with a war criminal (Mengele) as this theory says the soviets did. It's absurd; if they wanted to start panic, instead of sending some craft which could be covered up, why not just set up a radio station in some isolated area near the US border and broadcast realistic sounding stuff about an alien invasion? :)

Sure but using scientists isn't the same as collaborating with a war criminal (Mengele) as this theory says the soviets did. It's absurd; if they wanted to start panic, instead of sending some craft which could be covered up, why not just set up a radio station in some isolated area near the US border and broadcast realistic sounding stuff about an alien invasion? :)

I agree. This scenario would not even make for a good hoax.

Here is the first media batch about the book (all in one place):

NPR - Area 51 'Uncensored': Was It UFOs Or The USSR?
May 17th, 2011
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136356848/area-51-uncensored-was-it-ufos-or-the-ussr

CNN - Inside Area 51
May 18th, 2011

MSNBC News .- Inside Area 51
May 19th, 2011

FOX NEWS - Conspiracy Theories Debunked
May 21st, 2011
More on Fox's host Clayton Morris:
http://www.ufoupdateslist.com/2010/sep/m27-007.shtml

Previous rehash of the Oxcart story:
http://www.ufoupdateslist.com/2010/sep/m27-007.shtml
Bruce Maccabbee on secret planes and unknowns:
http://www.ufoupdateslist.com/2010/oct/m06-004.shtml
http://www.brumac.8k.com/cia_explaination.html
Robert Friend - Blue Blook, spy flights and uknowns:
http://www.ufoupdateslist.com/2010/oct/m06-011.shtml

Disclaimer: I have not read Ms. Jacobsen's book.

If one wanted to be be especially cynical, one could postulate the Roswell-Soviet revelation as a PR hook to insure successful book sales.

It also has the slight smell of disinfo. If information that the U.S. was involved in human genetic engineering might be in danger of surfacing, something as absurd as the Soviet Mengele midgets story would up throw up tons of chaff.

Just speculating.

Disclaimer: I have not read Ms. Jacobsen's book.

Don't worry; you didn't miss a thing. :)

It also has the slight smell of disinfo. If information that the U.S. was involved in human genetic engineering might be in danger of surfacing, something as absurd as the Soviet Mengele midgets story would up throw up tons of chaff.

Na, Roswell itself has long "needed" "chaff"; it gets more and more....

Back