• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 20th Show - Don Ecker

Fastwalker said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
I haven't listened to the Ecker show yet. I wanted to call in and say, "TOLD you, you wouldn't stay away from ufology", but they don't have call ins.

This quote merely allows me to express my tremendous gratitude that there are NO call ins. Thank God (the great glowing hippo who runs the cosmos from his celestial pool of light, surrounded by an angelic choir of sea otters) valuable time is not wasted on people calling in.

This is one of the great distinctions that makes this show so much more interesting than C2C, where the last valuable hour is wasted by calls to tell George how sexy and wonderful he is, and to mumble incoherently about how a second cousin once saw a you-eff-oh while watching Hee Haw from the back porch swing. ::)

Wow! I caused a fatal error? Story of my life.........

Cmon, waiting 5 minutes for someone to turn off their radio is amusing as hell.

Ecker Said
Paranormal Packrat said;

I haven't listened to the Ecker show yet. I wanted to call in and say, "TOLD you, you wouldn't stay away from ufology", but they don't have call ins.

Let me answer him. As I stated on the show, I have never lost my interest in the subject, and I have stated here and in other venues that I will address the subject ... if asked ... in other shows and in my own program Dark Matters I have stopped and dropped my connection to UFO Magazine and most other publications that deal with the subject. I do not now go out into the field and investigate as I once did. I am not sure how to make this any more clear.

Only reason I mentioned it was because I teased you before about you'll be back, and you told me not to hold my breath:) It's in another thread here somewhere.

I like your show Dark Matters btw.

cottonzway said:
I'm listening to the show now and I have reached the part where "soap" is debated. :)

Good show so far.

Ive stopped buying cheese and now use olive oil soap.

i cant believe its not butter

Jeff, There is one thing that I would like to know about this black rectangle. I understand that it happened fast and all that but could you tell if it was 2D or was it a 3D rectangle? You said it was the size of a shoebox and that leads me to think it was 3D. If you could clarify this for me I would be very thankful.

I only was able to listen to the first half and will be listening to the rest of the show this afternoon. It's been a good show so far.

Barry Baker said:
Jeff, There is one thing that I would like to know about this black rectangle. I understand that it happened fast and all that but could you tell if it was 2D or was it a 3D rectangle? You said it was the size of a shoebox and that leads me to think it was 3D. If you could clarify this for me I would be very thankful.

It was angled at the ends making me assume it was a flat plane or a box. There was however no highlights as you'd expect from a 3d object...no faceted edge. It's size was that of a shoebox (approx), but not it's geometry. I just looked as if it had been blurred out of focus by a blur filter. Very short but even gradation into nothing.

A reminder on "Being harder on Jeff Ritzmann too" ... Verifying or trusting someone's account isn't always for public display. Don't assume there's blind trust just because 20 questions wasn't played on air.

Thank you Jeff, You description reminds me of something similar that 3 of us saw at night on the USS Nimitz in 2004 while we were in the Persian Gulf. What we saw was a blurry rectangle that was about a foot long, 6 inches tall and seemed to have depth of a foot but it was all blurry around the edges. We witnessed this in one of aft berthings which held around 200 men and it went from one wall to the other between our racks. It did not really go into the wall perse. Once it went to the aft wall it just was not there anymore. This whole incident lasted all of 5 seconds and traveled around 14 feet. It gave me a uneasy feeling that lasted for about a week.

To me, the black rectangle story just cries out, REALITY ERROR. This is my (unoriginal) view of the metaphysical angle of all of this stuff. I feel that reality has a front-end presentation layer that acts flakey when there are problems with the back-end data processes. We project the UFO concept onto these errors in order to handle them. If we were actually exposed to the real errors we would go insane. Might this explain why JR once saw a semi-truck in the sky instead of a UFO?

I kind of like the idea. If something goes wrong instead of the typical positive thinking mumbo jumbo just call out to the universe REALITY ERROR...please start over.

I think I will try this.

Jeff to answer your question, yes it was black. More a matte black than a jet black. Like the finish of black car primer yet it did not seem solid however weird that may sound.
Now I am not relating this to anything UFO related. It was just something very strange that happened while on cruise. I have never had a UFO experience myself and I am open to the topic.
I got no Idea nor did the 2 witnesses to what it was we saw. All we know that it was not a shadow. In the berthings there is just low level painted red flouresent lights left on because men sleep on different shifts. Also this was during Operation Iraqi Freedom and most of us were working 12 hours a day for aprox 45 days straight without a day off during the entire year of 2003. I do not think the heavy work schedule made this event happen because it happened to 3 of us at the same time and we were very used to working long hours and it happened mid shift.

Which could suggest that reality is a collective state after all.

It might be influenced by the individual, but experiments in such matters of influence seem to suggest that masses are more apt to influence to a greater degree. Maybe the same argument can be made for perception. If enough people are stressed (or relaxed in mental capability?) they might experience the same reality error. Wild guess, granted.

valiens said:
I'd love to know what Don thinks of the direction UFO Magazine has taken since his departure.

You ask a very interesting question and in order to fully answer it I suggest you read my "goodbye" paper I wrote to the field.

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/ufo_fog.pdf

The title is "My 20 Years in the UFO Fog."

Don

Back