1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient city is unearthed by archaeologists in Egypt

Discussion in 'Ancient Mysteries' started by Han, Nov 23, 2016.

1. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    Lol, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to medieval Japanese weapons and armour. Sure.

It could have been any crest. The antlers and the crest aren't related. You sometimes get just antlers, you sometimes get a crest. Sometimes you get both. Or neither.

You're the one talking out of your ass, buddy.

By the way, the enuma elis is at least 700 BC. FFS, there's old English documents older than 900AD.

Red likes this.
  2. Han

Han piscator ψ

We have seem to have a very different idea about how empire and conquest work.

I agree that the idea of the Mongol "horde" consisting of entirely mongols is laughable.

I was going to use the Ancient Greek King Alexander as an example but that would just cause argument because he falls outside the "modern" context.

However if we use the British Empire as an example, it managed to accumulate the largest empire ever.
    Not by using only British soldiers, but by a careful series of allegiances and promises, in fact the vast majority of soldiers that fought for or with the "British" were not technically "British" at all.
    I personally believe this concept was borrowed from the past, and has been a constant in conflict from time immemorial.

My enemies enemy is my friend etc.

Why would the Mongols be any different?

Red and Ron Away like this.
  3. marduk

marduk quelling chaos since 2352BC

Combat Epistomologist
    cough, cough

(During the rise of the Mongol Empire in the 13th century, the usually cold, parched steppes of central Asia enjoyed their mildest, wettest conditions in more than a millennium. It is thought that as a result, a rapid increase in the number of war horses and other livestock significantly enhanced Mongol military strength.)
    Mongol Empire - Wikipedia

Tyger and Red like this.
  4. Tobias Kundera

Tobias Kundera Skilled Investigator

I find Fomenko interesting and am open to the idea that there could be serious issues with our historical chronology. Things covered up, lies told.
    But the biggest weakness is that Fomenko is very Western and European centered and there are non-Western source materials that correlate with aspects of our received chronology. Just take Arabic sources alone, which I've become increasingly fascinated with as I've better learned to read the language. There's an immense amount of pre-modern manuscripts in the Arabic world. Though they are currently being burned by people like ISIS!

There are historical references to the Romans and Greeks and Alexander in Arabic sources that are fairly reliably hundreds or even a thousand years old that put some aspects of antiquity in the range our conventional chronology claims. Like Alexander of Macedon for example. Arabic lore and historical sources put Alexander about 800 - 1000 years before the mid-Abbassid era in which most Arab historians started writing. They also make reference to Indian kings and kingdoms and other nations kings and events of which we have very little other contemporary witnessing. And Arabic manuscripts are spread out all the way from West Africa to Turkestan.

I think there's something to be said for the idea that there are massive holes and lies in our chronology but I don't think all of it should be scrapped. Questioned yes but it's always good to remember there are historical sources out there that we haven't yet examined...