• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien Hunter, Derrel Sims

Maybe the aliens just wanted a really, really good Guiness (only available in or near it's homeland brewing base in Ireland). Guiness served anywhere else is like sludge. Maybe the aliens miss the original local liquid chocolate velvet... I swear if I ever get back over there the first day off the plane will be spent in a local pub

love you irish-americans, your ancestors left ireland 200yrs ago, and 8 generations have spent their whole lives singing about returning some day.

Video you might like.

The guy standing next to Obama's Wife. Is an Irish relative of Obama! Just look at the ears of both men.

I enjoy these interviews purely for the entertainment value. However, I like getting my ET entertainment from other shows. I hate to see a guy like this get a pass on The Paracast. Gene tried to take him to task, over and over, and that was commendable. However, I was blown away by Chris' seeming acceptance of the "Alien Hunter" and his nonsense stories. I thought that after listening to the show for so long, I had Chris pegged as a believer by necessity, skeptic by nature. This interview really made me reconsider this. Derrel Sims was a complete joke, spouting nonsense after nonsense, and Chris not only lobbed him easy questions, but accepted his bs answers.

Chris, do you really think this guy is worth listening to? Or were you perhaps just going along with the interview, happy to give him his time to spout off whatever the hell he wanted?

The part that got my eyes rolling was when he was referring to his time in “the company", great another person claiming to have been in the CIA or working for the CIA, didn't we already get one of these people that left a lot of egg on the faces of people in this field. I can see why people stop being involved, it gets tiresome, and do these guys make a buck at this? I'm thinking of putting together my own convention act, after all proof (DNA for one thing) never gets tested, too expensive, people refuse to test it due to threats, etc., bull. I listed to about half the show; I won’t listen to the rest. Someone talked about probing going on, I felt at times like I was getting my yearly exam exam....

The alternative is if this is true and I do not doubt abductee phenomena, its well established, do these intelligences mess with peoples heads to the extent that they appear irrational or confused or is it disinfo to make the UFO community appear crazy???

I am enjoying this thread - only read half of it, but this reminded me of that great scene in the equally great film 'Passion Fish' (highly recommended!) where the visiting friend who is an actress recounts her bit part in an alien abduction film. The actress gets a 'head shot' with only one line: 'I never asked for the anal probe.' She is told by the director to give the line 'different colors' - and so.....

Cute video - I tried to find the actual scene snippet but couldn't so this will have to do.

LATER: FOUND IT!!!!!!! :p A Tour-de-Force performance!

Last edited:
First time poster..

Listened to this show earlier this week in the car and I've never really felt the need to write a post before now.. What a load of utter crap! What was this guy on? Tooling himself up with weapons, alien DNA on the bedroom floor and a 600 mile wide UFO? Its people like this that makes people laugh when you tell them you're interested in UFOlogy. Entertaining though I must admit! What an utter tool.. "Alien Hunter" yep. Course you are.

Whoaa thar pardner, Irish? WTF?!

I thought he was Reptilian like the rest of the skull and Bilderberger bones descendants?.

Republic of Ireland the population is mainly Irish. Northern Ireland, its completely different. The population you have Irish, Scottish- Irish, English-Irish . Northern Ireland the Irish are Catholic. The Scottish-Irish would be Protestants and Presbyterians

Its estimated around 50 per cent of America presidents had Irish ancestry. It also estimated about 40 million to 50 million people living today in America, have ancestors who came from Ireland. Some of you here might not be aware you have Irish ancestry?

America Presidents we know for sure who had Irish ancestry.

1 Andrew Jackson, 7th President 1829-37

2 William Henry Harrison, 9th President 1841

3 James Knox Polk, 11th President 1845-49

4 James Buchanan, 15th President 1857-61

5 Abraham Lincoln, 16th President 1861-65

6 Ulysses S Grant, 18th President 1869-77

7 Chester Alan Arthur, 21st President 1881-85

8 Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President 1885-89, 1893-97

9 Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President 1889-93

10 William McKinley, 25th President 1897-1901

11 Woodrow Wilson, 28th President 1913-21

12 John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 35th President 1961-63

13 Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President 1963-69

14 Richard Milhous Nixon, 37th President 1969-74

15 James Earl Carter, 39th President 1977-81

16 Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President 1981-89

17 George Herbert Walker Bush, 41st President 1989-93

18 William Jefferson Clinton, 42nd President 1993-2001

19 George Walker Bush, 43rd President 2001-09

20 Barack Hussein Obama, 44th President 2009-

George Bush ancestors for example. Were Scot-Irish. Obama his great Grandfather came from Offaly. He was Irish. Same with Kennedy. His father was Irish. Reagan ancestors came from Ireland, they were Scot-Irish.

Last edited:
First time poster..

Listened to this show earlier this week in the car and I've never really felt the need to write a post before now.. What a load of utter crap! What was this guy on? Tooling himself up with weapons, alien DNA on the bedroom floor and a 600 mile wide UFO? Its people like this that makes people laugh when you tell them you're interested in UFOlogy. Entertaining though I must admit! What an utter tool.. "Alien Hunter" yep. Course you are.

you have your doubts then.

Republic of Ireland the population is mainly Irish. Northern Ireland, its completely different. The population you have Irish, Scottish- Irish, English-Irish . Northern Ireland the Irish are Catholic. The Scottish-Irish would be Protestants and Presbyterians

Its estimated around 50 per cent of America presidents had Irish ancestry. It also estimated about 40 million to 50 million people living today in America, have ancestors who came from Ireland. Some of you here might not be aware you have Irish ancestry?

America Presidents we know for sure who had Irish ancestry.

1 Andrew Jackson, 7th President 1829-37

2 William Henry Harrison, 9th President 1841

3 James Knox Polk, 11th President 1845-49

4 James Buchanan, 15th President 1857-61

5 Abraham Lincoln, 16th President 1861-65

6 Ulysses S Grant, 18th President 1869-77

7 Chester Alan Arthur, 21st President 1881-85

8 Grover Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President 1885-89, 1893-97

9 Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President 1889-93

10 William McKinley, 25th President 1897-1901

11 Woodrow Wilson, 28th President 1913-21

12 John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 35th President 1961-63

13 Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President 1963-69

14 Richard Milhous Nixon, 37th President 1969-74

15 James Earl Carter, 39th President 1977-81

16 Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President 1981-89

17 George Herbert Walker Bush, 41st President 1989-93

18 William Jefferson Clinton, 42nd President 1993-2001

19 George Walker Bush, 43rd President 2001-09

20 Barack Hussein Obama, 44th President 2009-

George Bush ancestors for example. Were Scot-Irish. Obama his great Grandfather came from Offaly. He was Irish. Same with Kennedy. His father was Irish. Reagan ancestors came from Ireland, they were Scot-Irish.
Kieran, I was sincerely joking, in case you missed my reptilian allusion, but as you've got the good research tools out, can you also identify just how many presidents in America were Black? I understand that Barack is something like the sixth Black president as opposed to the first.

You know, that's funny to me. My legal name is "O'Brien" but I was adopted. My birth name was Barnes (real father)/Carter-Wygant (on my birth mother's side) so, even though it would appear to folks that I'm Irish—"O'Brien," I'm actually Scotch-Irish/German/Irish-English, with some Finnish thrown in there way back when. Genealogical appearances can be deceiving, especially when they're of an Irish persuasion.

Good lord. :( Sims = Pseudologia fantastica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For starters could somebody do a FOIA request for this guy's military records, it's public info, I'm in Canada so I can't do it. This guy is so full of crap I can smell him from here. I call BS on his entire "resume" such as it is, being sealed and classified and all as I'm sure most of it is. :rolleyes:

This sounds like a fair number of people in this field. I was listening to the Farrell interview the other day and he has an annoying ( at least to me) habit of chuckling when either trying to explain something way or disarm a question. Nice technique, must work well on the convention circuit.

This sounds like a fair number of people in this field. I was listening to the Farrell interview the other day and he has an annoying ( at least to me) habit of chuckling when either trying to explain something way or disarm a question. Nice technique, must work well on the convention circuit.

I was thinking the same thing about Mr. SIMMS as well, at first I thought I was being too nit-picky, I didn't necessarily find it annoying but whenever he did that I found myself thinking "here comes another load."

"Are the files available to the public ? "

"Yes they are...and they are sealed but I don't know what that means. " :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Listened to this one today. I made it to the half way point before I asked myself, "why am I listening to this silly nonsense?", and turned it off. Yech.

I went back and finished listening to the whole thing. Gawd... I felt like I was listening to an old Art Bell episode of Coast to Coast. With all due respect (and I have lots for this show)... I feel like I need to be a little bit critical here... Many times Gene has pointed out the “Wow-Gosh-Golly-Gee” aspect of C2C (lack of critical questions/taking people to task for outrageous statements) as well as the need to vet outrageous speakers at UFO conferences... and then, here we have the Alien-Hunter basically baking a cake of tall tales with a frosting of silly nonsense. Granted, Gene did get a little tough with him for about twenty seconds early in the show... but then he dropped the hard-question approach. Is that what happens when there’s a giant snowball of ridiculousness coming towards you? I guess it’s more efficient to let the thing roll down the hill and crash at the bottom. People can judge a guest’s integrity at that point. And, yes, he’s Chris’s friend/buddy/ acquaintance(?)... but, there’s something else that bothers me here. Dare I say it? Is there some hypocrisy at the Paracast...? Who gets hit with the hard questions, and who gets a free pass?

Hypocrisy and the Paracast? The Paracast has devoled, the guests are more misses than hits, coupled with the commericals, it has lost it edge. Guests do get a free pass when they are a "friend of show". Followed by excuses for the guest the following week for a bad interview.

Last edited:
I don't agree with all your points. I think it's the other way around when you consider the entire canon of episodes - it's usually more hits than misses. I do think there's a conflict of interest when "goofy-guests" are friends of the hosts... but, I guess that's the nature of the business. If you're too hard-ball with everyone - then the show gets a bad rap and no one wants to come on. It it's too soft - it devolves into the C2C zone. I just think the so-called Alien-Hunter episode went too far into the kind of show that the Paracast reputes not to be. Straying off the path once in a while is something I can forgive. I hope the next episodes I listen to are more solid.

I just got around to listening to this podcast with Mr. Simms and I have to say that he was so unbelievable. I really wish the hosts were more aggressive in their questions. Anyone can get up there and claim the title "Alien Hunter", offer up no proof. As interviewers, they should be pressing for details and challenging their guests for proof. The show is losing its "Gold Standard" when they so willingly accept guests who have no substance, evidence and is unwilling to be put under the microscope of critical thinking. I hope the hosts start being the investigators that they need to be if they are hosting a show about paranormal. Otherwise, anyone who wants to sell a book, advertise their show or hawk their appearances can be interviewed without regard to validity.

In the case of Mr. Simms, it did not take a lot for him to come across as the clown he is.

I hope the hosts start being the investigators that they need to be if they are hosting a show about paranormal. Otherwise, anyone who wants to sell a book, advertise their show or hawk their appearances can be interviewed without regard to validity. In the case of Mr. Simms, it did not take a lot for him to come across as the clown he is.

If you require hosts of all shows anywhere, about anything, to be experts in everything you would have no programs about anything anywhere. No one knows everything about everything. Imo, the best one can hope for is for an interviewer to ask questions to explore the topic or vulnerabilites in the interviewee's statements. What I expect is to have information laid forth so that I can proceed with further research in whatever might interest me or that enough airtime was given so that the interviewee can 'come across as the clown that he might just be. '

I look forward to assorted book, youtube and website hawkings in podcasts because I most certainly don't hear about most of them through any other medium. With enough different points of view on assorted podcasts, I can make my own judgements as to the entertainment, informational, educational or not, value of the peculiar personalities presented.

The Simms interview was more entertaining to me than most sit-coms on broadcast television.

Back