• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Alien abduction

I'm not an official investigator. My information comes from the literature--works by Hopkins, Blum, Fuller and more recently Friedman (Captured! ). I suggest skeptics become acquainted with the pertinent research before posting here. Btw there's also the late Dr. Leir.

You mean investigators have determined that these abductees, and a host of others, had these issues?? Were the Hills on drugs or get drunk?? As for lying, a policeman said of Hickson and Parker: "Those guys are either telling the truth or they should be in Hollywood."
Well, I have to agree, perhaps Hickson and Parker did miss their calling - they should be in Hollywood, at least advisors or consultants to any forthcoming movie - though even Travis Walton said that many scenes in "Fire In The Sky" were fabricated.

Regarding the late Dr. Roger Leir, and his "pertinent research", Leir "believed" that the objects removed from his patients were "of extraterrestrial origin" and that the objects were devices implanted by aliens and were "scientific proof of non-terrestrial experimentation on man." He also believed the objects he removed from patients emitted “deep space frequency radio waves." Of course, all of this was and is complete nonsense! For example, the objects were analyzed by the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, which determined that they were "composed of commonly found elements", such as iron or aluminum. Please see the Wikipedia article: Roger Leir - Wikipedia.

Regarding the late Bud Hopkins, as an artist, his experimentation with collage techniques and style as an abstract expressionist[9] won him national acclaim. That being acknowledged, he has also been dubbed "father of the abduction movement." However, in fact, no physical or scientific evidence to date exists for any UFO abduction.
Hopkins, who often used or relied on hypnosis to elicit abductee's anecdotal accounts, had no formal psychological training. Critics of Hopkins' assertions about alien abductions contend that the alien abduction phenomenon is not as mysterious as Hopkins makes it out to be. Much of the phenomenon can, according to researchers such as Ronald K. Siegel of the University of California, Los Angeles, be explained as the consequence of "normal hallucinatory powers of the brain and sleep paralysis." I would also like to add, as I previously mentioned, psychotic episodes, delusions and hallucinations from diagnosed, undiagnosed or untreated mental illness such as schizophrenia For more information, detail and analysis, please go to: Budd Hopkins - Wikipedia.

I met the late Stan Friedman, whom I respect and love, at one of the first UFO Conventions in the San Francisco Bay Area. I also met Travis Walton, Peter Davenport and Peter Gersten at the same event in the late 90's. He was a passionate advocate for the realty of UFO's and the belief of their extraterrestrial origin, and a prolific writer on the subject. However, IMO, in his later life, Stanton Friedman, through his embrace and and collaboration with Kathleen Marden, the niece of Betty Hill, has been "captured" himself by the abduction "cult." For example, Stanton Friedman's and Kathleen Marden's advocacy and support for Marjorie Fish's interpretation of Zeta Reticuli from Betty Hill's "star map". Fish’s erroneous theory has turned into a "fringe pseudo-science cult."

By the way, I read both the earlier and later editions of "Captured." I found it somewhat boring, repetitive, and disorganized. Although some pretty interesting facts are given regarding the Betty and Barney Hill case, they are so convoluted and wordy that it quickly becomes fatiguing. Again, IMO, Kathleen Marden, a family member of the affected couple, is attempting to legitify to the public the Betty and Barney Hill case.

Last edited:
Yea there was actually a documentary done on this in the UK, the little things that Dr Lier was taking out were particale build ups of debris that we all get throughout our life times.
Not according to descriptions I've read. Skeptics have their share of credibility issues, and then some.

Listen think what you want nothing will ever convince me that Aliens are or ever have been here.
Reminds me of the attitude Friedman attributed to skeptics: "Don't bother me with the facts my mind is made up." To reject a point of view no matter what evidence might be presented is worse than nonscientific.

Reminds me of the attitude Friedman attributed to skeptics: "Don't bother me with the facts my mind is made up." To reject a point of view no matter what evidence might be presented is worse than nonscientific.
Stan was a nice man but lost his connection with reality. Roswell never happened, Kathleen Marden just wanted to cash in on her aunt's fame.

Well, I have to agree, perhaps Hickson and Parker did miss their calling - they should be in Hollywood,

Lol, had they real, natural talent they'd have been in Hollywood before '73.

though even Travis Walton said that many scenes in "Fire In The Sky" were fabricated.
A movie needn't be an accurate rendition of his account.

For example, the objects were analyzed by the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, which determined that they were "composed of commonly found elements", such as iron or aluminum.
But I don't believe implants are really tracking devices. The Alien Grand Design has a nice take on this.

Stan was a nice man but lost his connection with reality. Roswell never happened, Kathleen Marden just wanted to cash in on her aunt's fame.
See Roswell in the 21st Century. KDR expresses some doubts about an ET explanation but emphatically rejects MOGUL. Something definitely happened.

Back