• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

21st Dec 2012 - Any takers still?

Free episodes:

Goggs Mackay

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone publicly still proclaim that something tangible and major will occur on 21 Dec 2012?
A few years back, when it was conveniently still far enough in the future, 2012 seemed to have more power and gravitas as a concept and you could not help but see predictions about the date made into books and films and magazine articles.
There were many 'flavour's to the predicted events and indeed there were numerous interpretations over the time scale and the existence of some finality to any event. It was quite the 'in' thing to be talking about 2012 and there were some who saw the date as the culmination of a process, some as the beginning or some saw it as the mid-point of some here-to-for unique event in the evolution of man or possibly mother nature herself.

I was quite fascinated with how the different interpretations were all claiming to be the 'true' interpretation and to believe in any other was to be foolish and not taking advantage of some cosmic goodwill gesture that uniquely take place around a single moment in time!
Now, I know there are versions in which there is to be some gradual change, possibly already underway, and the 21st might just be the half-way point along the line of this change. I would say probably more than 50% of theories about 2012 are based on the idea that specifically the 21st is the date/time at which this event is to begin, it being so obvious that everyone has to be aware of the change.

It may be my lack of interest in the topic thesedays but I am quite sure that all those who spoke out loudly about the 21st being a real date of significance have gone rather quiet, meekly fading into the background. I have no doubt that all those who tried to sell books based on a defining event will be noticeably absent in December - they probably won't be shouting about things before that date, in case they are totally wrong, but at the same time, if anything were to happen, we'd be hearing them shouting at the top of their voices proclaiming their genius at foretelling the future!

There are many parallels with the millennium bug. I vividly remember almost blanket newspaper and tv coverage of this impending 'event' that turned out to be a damp squib. There were people then too, predicting anything from minor inconvenience to end-of-the-world stuff with planes falling out of the sky (in fact, that was a real worry with many opting not to fly on that day - pussies).
It turned out to be a big bag of gas. Hot air to be precise.

I am calling 21st ?Dec 2012 now, in public. I say non-event. David Wilcock - what say you?

I never did subscribe to the 2012 end of the world craziness. I now find it funny that the major player in it are all backing away or dropping off the grid so to speak.

From what study I did at the time when people were throwing this dooms day BS around it becomes obvious with a little reading that the Maya never intended the calender to end at this date and in fact it dose not end then.
Anyway it will be interesting what BS some of these people come up with to defend their position or what crap they proclaim that averted the apocalypse.

tumblr_m0hja5I1Ea1qcf9zgo1_500.jpg

The number of people who can't grasp the arbitrary nature of any calendar seems to be great. These man made constructs of ideas that we tool out the raw material of our imagination to describe the universe we find ourselves are only valid within the context of the human experience. You have to remember that or you can easily become fooled by the false significance of human thought to the universe itself. :confused:

The number of people who can't grasp the arbitrary nature of any calendar seems to be great. These man made constructs of ideas that we tool out the raw material of our imagination to describe the universe we find ourselves are only valid within the context of the human experience. You have to remember that or you can easily become fooled by the false significance of human thought to the universe itself. :confused:

Trained that was very profound :D
seriously I agree the vast majority of people you will be amazed to find do not realize that there is more than one calendar in use let alone the arbitrator nature of them.

History is replete with them.

I seriously question if there is any such thing as a harmless delusion.

The thing about dooms days is not the apocalyptic idea in and of itself but that much of humanity ascribes to such an idea and in fact in many cases hopes for it.
What exactly is this saying about us as a species I wounder.

even if something did happen, whats to say it will get reported or will be "posted" in a web forum anyway. Everyone has these Hollywood expectations, like some massive event. It could be miniscule and unimportant yet could be the start of something. Anyhoo heres hoping its something to do with "free" and "pizza".

To my knowledge the Mayans had no concept for leap year I'm assuming, because they didn't need one. They wrote many other calendars that we are told are amazingly accurate for various thing so they obviously compensated for that extra time somehow.
If I recall correctly, the Maya never said anything terrible would happen, but they did say every other time this cycle ended we had problems in one form or another. Since none of us were there for the others and we are fortunate to be here for this one, the objective thing would be to pull up a chair and see how it goes.
What I have been wondering after many different studies into various paranormal topics is the issue of the so many people have their mind on that day that if something like a tulpa is real well might it manifest itself then perhaps a little bit maybe?
Either way put me down for one of those pizzas nameless :D

"... What I have been wondering after many different studies into various paranormal topics is the issue of the so many people have their mind on that day that if something like a tulpa is real well might it manifest itself then perhaps a little bit maybe?..."

are you suggesting a self fulfilling prophecy type thing? I have always tongue-in-cheek(?) thought about something like that. If I recall back at the turn of the century...still sounds strange to say that...there were a group of millennial doomsday believers that had set up camp in israel trying to give things a nudge by trying to set up certain conditions that would, in their minds, led to the inevitable clashes mentioned in revelations. I'm not exactly sure what that was now but I believe it had something to do with reclaiming The Temple Mount. Initially, I thought that "wait, that's not how it's supposed to go, you can't force prophecy". But then I realized "well, why not, in the scriptures it doesn't mention how these things happen, they just happen." And when I first became aware of this whole 2012 end of days thinking I applied the same thought process. If there was enough people who thought that something was supposed to happen and things weren't moving along quickly enough to their liking, why not just give conditions a boost ? some time ago I was trying to come up with the idea of writing a book (satire of course) in this very subject but as a twist I would have had the calendars "planted" by a time traveling agent, probably the devil, say circa 2000 that went back in time to plant these calendars to be found at a later date knowing full well the effect they would have in the future. And if enough people talked about it, or thought about it, either through "tulpafication"..that's probably not a word but I just made it one...or acts of folly or both we would all be paying the consequences

Back