• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

12-6-2009 show

ikez78

curious skeptic
Did we really need to hear from people smearing people concerned about the unsustainable expansion of government in this country as "teabaggers" on the Paracast? By the way, those "fringe" people concerned with this expansion are well over half the population so nice choice in guest to just trash half the country.

David, I know you may not even care about my feedback but as a conservative it seems like all of your guests, save for a few, come on and if they comment on politics they make snooty little comments like this but never really have anything intelligent politically to say. In my humble tiny opinion that really cheapens your otherwise fantastic show.

I could have sworn you had Robert Gibbs talking about Afghanistan on the show for a minute.

There were a few times I cringed at some of poltical comments. I thought to myself though I wouldn't cringe if I agreed at that point and accpeted it as people have different views. That's just fine.

I can't say I liked the "teabaggers" comment, but I also can't say I like how that concept has been "hijacked" by the right as their recent concept when they stole the idea from Libertarians/Ron Paul supporters. So I don't like the comment, but to an extent understand it as the Glenn Beck's of the world took the idea way from the huge Ron Paul push in 2007. Then again, the Ron Paul movement took it away from 9/11 truth who was using the idea in 2005 to have a mass amounts of 9/11 Commission Reports thrown into rivers. They stole the idea from.....you get the point.

I do want to make something clear that was said Jesse Ventura early that was really incorrect, pretty sure Kenn Thomas said this. He said Jesse claims "Bush did 9/11" when that is not true and infact has made it clear that he does not think that actual previous admin "did" 9/11. Jesse is also not a "right-winger" by any means. He does suggest using the draft again, which I totally disagree with, but that is due to his previous military experence. He is very much against both our wars and foreign policy. He also has a home in Mexico and says he wants to start trading with Cuba again. He is not some FOX NEWS Neo-Con by any means, regardless if you agree/disagree with him. His show on Tru TV was pretty good though it is only 1 show in. We'll see.

I though the show was very interesting in general. At least it can get us all having debate and talk about issues. Regardless of if we all agree on particular points, debate can't hurt.

David brought up a good point about TV. While I don't think that what the TV does is done in an "evil" manner (there are a lot of conspiracies out there that suggest this) I have no doubt it is used to sell products/ideas more then just at what we see as ads/commercials.

As for the financial parts of the show, I think there are so many areas to talk about that it is difficult to even tackle. Bottom line is get into gold/silver and get out of debt. :cool:

Really interesting show IMO.

Jesse Ventura has always been very clear that he does not believe "Bush did it". That statement along with using terms like "truther" and "tea bagger" did nothing for their credibility. After 1:11 into the show, I am not impressed at all. They know zip about 9/11 evidence but plenty about gold... (it was almost like a sales pitch) ::)... I am going to need another cup of coffee to listen to the rest of this show.

I would like to see another conspiracy show concerning ClimateGate and the whole Global Cooling, i mean...Global Warming oops... Climate Change conspiracy. ClimateGate is far more conspiratorial than Gold or CGI movies.

I like ALL Paracast shows, but this was a bit of a yawner for me. The last 7 minutes were the best.

David works for the NSA and Gene works for the CIA. ADMIT IT!

I work for the gingerbread men, who are the most most secret of all the societies. We hold the TRUTH to who invented cheese.

ClimateGate equals:

1. People hack into a computer and steal a bunch of emails.
  2. The neocon talk show hosts and Fox News distort the contents of the emails by selective quoting out of context and broadcast fake reports about their meaning.
Check this out:

Quick Fact: Kilmeade asks if warming is a | Media Matters for America

End of story, though I'd think charges should be filed against the people who stole the private emails. Would you like it if they did that to you?

ClimateGate equals:

2. The neocon talk show hosts and Fox News distort the contents of the emails by selective quoting out of context and broadcast fake reports about their meaning.
Check this out:

End of story, though I'd think charges should be filed against the people who stole the private emails. Would you like it if they did that to you?

it is FAR from the "end of story", it appears now that an internal source may have leaked the emails and data. i suggest you look into this subject a little deeper.

btw- science is not based on consensus and the debate is never over.

ClimateGate equals:
Check this out:

Ah Gene, that is a crock of shit. Remember the two morons who illegally tapped into Newt Gringich's cell phone call to Bahner? And then some bloated fucking congressman (a Dem) released it to the media? What happened to them, or is it okay because .. after all, Newt is a fucking Republican? This crap is going on all over the fucking place. You know it, I know it. Just like Gray Barker observed about UFOs (UFOs are a bucket of shit!) fucking politics are a bucket of shit! Now back to Dark Matters and what is left of my life.

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Who cares about Fox news? So, once Fox gets interested in a story that other networks ignore, it's illegitimate? Anyone can do their own research into news stories without the major networks.

There is definitely global warming, it's not a myth, it's real. However, plenty of scientist say that it isn't man made but cyclical and cannot be stopped or altered by man either, especially not with carbon taxes. It's also no secret that many scientists' livelihood depends on maintaining that it is man-made and if their research is deemed flawed or dishonest, it would lose credibility and funding.

Ah Gene, that is a crock of shit. Remember the two morons who illegally tapped into Newt Gringich's cell phone call to Bahner? And then some bloated fucking congressman (a Dem) released it to the media? What happened to them, or is it okay because .. after all, Newt is a fucking Republican? This crap is going on all over the fucking place. You know it, I know it. Just like Gray Barker observed about UFOs (UFOs are a bucket of shit!) fucking politics are a bucket of shit! Now back to Dark Matters and what is left of my life.

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
I know nobody gets caught for an offense of this sort, but if it was a hacking attempt as most, except for Fox News and the neocon commentators state, then that fact should be considered in evaluating what's really going on.

ClimateGate equals:

Check this out:

I hate to call on you on this, Gene, but I have to totally disagree with you here.

First off, I suggest looking at the info posted by Schuyler in this thread;

https://www.theparacast.com/forum/10-questions-for-al-gore-t4337.html

I think most of us agree he is one of our most intelligent/best posters and he sure is not a Neo-Con/FOX NEWS supporter.

I think your post shows and example of a BIGGER problem for all of us. That is at times what a partisan view can do to our judgement. In saying that I by no means do not realize I can do this and every man/woman does it.

What I see in your post there is suggesting the counter to GW/CC is from the Neo-Cons/FOX group and not looking at it in a broader scope. I have been on the record of repping Neo-Cons and FOX for being the liar they are. A bunch fo Trotskyites who took over the Republican party and caused massive amounts of damage to our country for the 8-years of Bush/Cheney. I agree with you there.

What I disagee with is simply turing the point into a partisan issue. I also agree that it's partisan the other way from the fooled right on their reasons for their stances on GW/CC. They are not looking at the topic in a rational manner either.

The problem is the counter to the GW/CC is coming from a core of people who disagree with both parties in large. Without the WWE like poltics that go from left vs. right. That is missed by a lot of people on both sides and the whole time the issue is never looked at in a proper manner.

The whole "Climategate" thing is pretty serious. There are e-mails admitting to fraud. There are e-mails that admit to trying to get people fired who disagree with their view. There are e-mails from people who are funded by US taxpayers for research that are admitting to criminal acts. That is an issue that goes beyond what the left and right are doing with the topic.

It is clear as day, regardless of the debate on science, that there is a set concept for SOLUTIONS to the GW/CC issue. That is taxation via carbon footprints and cap and trade. That sends a RED FLAG up to me right away when you get away from the science and the left/right banter. The fact that the SOLUTIONS are taxes should be more of an issue IMO.

Nothing personal Gene, I just think you are looking at this from the wrong context by doing so in a partisan manner. I hate Neo-Cons/FOX as much as you do. I just refuse to suggest that the controlled left is any better on this issue when they make it about a partisan politcs, do not cover the info about the "Climategate" situation, do not cover that the proposed solutions are taxes, and use pretty vile term such as "deniers" in a manner to describe people who counter their view. Please check out Schuyler's info as it is very useful IMO.

Who cares about Fox news? So, once Fox gets interested in a story that other networks ignore, it's illegitimate? Anyone can do their own research into news stories without the major networks.

There is definitely global warming, it's not a myth, it's real. However, plenty of scientist say that it isn't man made but cyclical and cannot be stopped or altered by man either, especially not with carbon taxes. It's also no secret that many scientists' livelihood depends on maintaining that it is man-made and if their research is deemed flawed or dishonest, it would lose credibility and funding.
Fox News has on a few occasions broken stories ahead of the pack. The threw enough darts at ACORN that a few stuck and resulted in some real problems for that organization. But they are also notorious for putting fake spins on stories to advance their point of view. Not that other members of the media don't do the same, but Fox is among the worst offenders. I just can't take them seriously.

If scientists are using shortcuts or fudging evidence, they should be called on it. But I think that Media Matters, though a progressive organization, has demonstrated that at least a good portion of that ClimateGate stuff results from selective quoting or deliberate misinterpretation of what's being said in those emails. If you're going to indict global warming research, might as well indict all methods of research in other areas. This is how those things are done, for better or worse.

Fox News has on a few occasions broken stories ahead of the pack. The threw enough darts at ACORN that a few stuck and resulted in some real problems for that organization. But they are also notorious for putting fake spins on stories to advance their point of view. Not that other members of the media don't do the same, but Fox is among the worst offenders. I just can't take them seriously.

I agree, but I hate to say it, and I'm no fan, but Fox news is actually leveling out the playing field other major networks with their heads too far up Obama's ass to report worthwhile stories. So, I don't know which is worse, but if a story needs to be broken, I don't care who does it.

Lies and misleading information do not level the playing field. Yes, all points of view should be expressed, but when a network goes after someone using falsehoods, you have to wonder about their agendas. Let's not forget when Glenn Beck, Fox's new kid on the block relatively speaking, said Obama (who is half white as we all know) is a racist who hates white people. He never apologized for that and other questionable claims and lies that have been made on his show and elsewhere. When you look at the list of Media Matters "gotchas" about Fox, you have to be shocked that they get away with it.

Like I said, I don't know which is worse as far a mainstream networks are concerned, whether it's not reporting, sugar coating, ignoring major stories or lies and disinformation for or against the White House. I see no difference in the big scheme of things unless one has a certain political view that they adhere to. Fox or CNN could be their boogie man for all I care.

Glenn Beck is a moron, but I don't see any difference from him and Keith Olberman, as far being an asshole who needs to apologize to Bush or Obama or whoever else they insulted or made questionable claims against.

However, one could easly see what part of the political spectrum someone comes from in what they focus their criticism on.

Like I said, I don't know which is worse as far a mainstream networks are concerned, whether it not reporting, sugar coating, ignoring major stories or lies and disinformation for or against the White House. I see no difference in the big scheme of things unless one has a certain political view that they adhere to. Fox or CNN could be their boogie man for all I care.

Glenn Beck is a moron, but I don't see any difference from him and Keith Olberman, as far being an asshole who needs to apologize to Bush or Obama or whoever else they insulted.

However, one could easly see what part of the political spectrum someone comes from in what they focus their criticism on.
We know that MSNBC has a lot of left-wing commentary. No bones about it. Fox News uses the "fair and balanced" label for marketing purposes only. Yes, they bring on the other side, but quite often the host will marginalize them or, worse, interrupt them when they make a key point so that the conservative or Republican side gets better treatment. Fair and balanced BS I suppose.

Back