• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 QUESTIONS for "experiencers"

Can I invite you to share them? I think you'll find a respectful audience here. If you'd rather not, that's fine too of course.

Hey mikec - now I remember where I saw you post (I post as kartott on another board). I answered your 10 questions a while back then forgot about it. To answer your question about past experiences: I have never seen gray aliens, at least not they way they are depicted in media. I have seen other types of entities, some that are shaped like them, but different colors and densities. But they were perhaps not the strangest of my encounters. By way of a some background: I grew up in the air force - my dad flew KC 135s from about 1950 to 1970 (mostly cold war - SAC). When I was about 3, we were stationed on base in TX when an AF plane crashed behind our house. I do not remember the crash, but my mother said it was tremendously loud and shocking causing me to go into some kind of seizure. Our next door neighbor was a base doc. He gave me something to stabilize me which put me to sleep, then ran out to help the emergency crew. I don't know if I have the sequence of events right; only what my mother has told me. My memory is this: I am walking around in the wreckage of the plane. There is a lot of smoke, and hot stuff. There are bodies and body parts. I remember seeing a lot of blood mixed into the red TX dirt. I was not physically there, yet I was there. Strangest part is that I did know this was an actual memory until many years later. I experienced it as a recurring "nightmare" until well into my 20s. My mother had never spoke about the crash itself until I was in my mid-30s, so for years I thought it was just a nightmare that had nothing to do with anything real. When she told me about it, I was stunned with instant recognition. I can only conclude that my "nightmare" was a memory of coming out of my body (perhaps during the seizure?) to visit the dead, dying, and injured crew (some did survive).

I'll skip over some minor events to the next that I consider personally pivotal: we were stationed at Kincheloe AFB in UP Michigan. This was a cold war SAC base, (part of the norad system - b52s and kc135s) that had been plunked down on old indian land, on the edge of the Hiawatha forest. When I was 10 or 11, I got very sick, My dad was on an alert mission (flying a practice run over the north pole to russia) so my mom was alone with me and my sibs. At one point I became so feverish I started to hallucinate. I saw this (according to my mom I was "wide awake" and talked about it out loud): I was walking along a narrow worn path in a forested area near our house (an actual place where I often played). It was dark (night) and I could not see very far ahead, so next thing I new, I ran smack into someone: a tall indian man, wearing hides, except for his chest which was covered with either blood or red paint. He spoke to me in another language but I understood him. He gave me two little bundles placing one in each hand. Each had 10 sticks wrapped in something (leaves?). I was told to "keep them balanced", and "stay on the deer path". I turned around and started to walk home, but one hand became very heavy; the sticks were moving from one hand to the other on their own and I fell off the path into the dark woods from the imbalance. I "woke up" after this, sweating and upset. Looking back, this sounds ridiculously corny and new agey, but this happened in 1966, before any new age or romanticized native american fads. Later in life, I found this encounter to be profoundly (personally) important. There is more to the story that unfolded later in my life, including a discovery of who this man was and what the bundles meant (goes way back, related to the native people in that area).

This is getting long, but Ill mention that subsequent encounters included a small elf-like creature up at Cape Croker (Georgian Bay) where I was attending an annishnaube (ojibwe) "gathering of elders" event in 1996. After I saw this little guy (he was about 18 inches tall, funny shaped body and head), I asked Basil Johnston (an acquaintance that had connected me to attend this event) at it. He told me that there are several stories among the annishnabek about these small people. Another time, while solo camping in new mexico I was sitting in my tent, getting ready to go to bed, when a blue entity came up through the floor of my tent (out of the ground below). It was shaped like a gray alien, but was semi-transparent and sorta smoky. Another time when I was 17 I was working in a small convenience store, when a "woman" came in to buy cigarettes. At first I didn't pay any attention to her until I saw her hand (when she handed me the money) - it was not like a normal human hand. This startled me so I looked up and saw a very very pale entity, wearing a thin black coat (like a rain coat) with collar turned up to cover her neck, a heavy long haired wig, and very large black glasses. This did not entirely hide her strange face: a very pointed chin and practically no lips or nose. She did not speak. Took her cigarettes and left! I was kinda stunned. Oddly I cannot remember the details of her hand (though it was the first thing I noticed). Nor do I think she left in a car which was odd since most patrons drove up the store (it was somewhat isolated).

Okay, enough.

Ktotten,
Do you think or has it ever occurred to you that someone from the plane crash might have entered your body causing the siezure and the memory. I wonder why your mother never told you about it until you were in your 30's. Did you ask her?

T E N Q U E S T I O N S :
=================

1. Are you Male or Female?

Male

2. What's your Age?

3. What is your educational background?

4 yrs full time no degree

4. Are you a creative type?

At one point I was very musically creative.

5. Do you have any history of depression?

Yes.

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

I have felt compelled to examine and scrutinize this subject.

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

Much less.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

5 or 6.

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

A bit of both actually. When I was a child I frequently had vivid dreams of flying, and in the mornings I would find twigs and leaves and grass in my bed...I knew something was going on, but not what.

As an adult, recently (and this is going to sound very strange) I had a flashback of terror after seeing an Animal Planet commercial with jumping Lemurs in it. Something about their big round eyes scared the shit out of me.

When I saw the video of the Stephenville colored lights, it gave me an odd comforting feeling, like I had seen something like that before. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't know if any of this makes sense.

10. Concerning the question above, if you realized it recently, when?

Within the last 2-3 years.

In response to Ktotten.

Below is a relevant story from another blog.

Link to Chris Knowles Leprechaun story:
The Secret Sun: Mindbomb, Part 4: The Leprechaun

(excerpt)
When I was a kid I would get respiratory infections all of the time. As a result I would get terrifyingly high fevers, often peaking at 106ºF. As a result of that, I would often hallucinate. When I was 12, I got a particularly serious ear infection and was bedridden for over two weeks.

One night during this illness, I woke to a most peculiar tableau. A leprechaun was sitting on a rock in the middle of the living room and there was a thunder storm flashing in the adjacent room. I call him a leprechaun only because he was small and bearded and wearing archaic clothes and a rope belt. But he didn't seem cute and charming, he seemed scary as hell. He was shouting over the noise of the storm in a language I didn't understand, maybe Gaelic. And at some point the ceiling opened up and gold coins rained from the ceiling. The noise was unbearable and I passed out.

The thing is, that happened. It wasn't a dream- it all happened when I woke up and stopped when I passed out. I remember it better than yesterday. I was painfully awake at the time. There were no coins on the floor the next morning nor any burn marks on the floor or on the furniture in the dining room. But that doesn't mean the episode didn't have weight and mass and sound and sight and smell. It also doesn't mean that it wasn't extremely unpleasant either.

... [later, I met Graham] Hancock's ... and then told him that story. His face lit up and he nodded knowingly the entire time. He told me that my experience was basically identical to any number of the shamanic experiences he heard about in the field. He said that high fever seemed to throw the same filtering switch in the brain that hallucinogens did. I was gratified by his response, but at the same time I wondered how anyone could put themselves through that kind of thing voluntarily.

In response to Ktotten.

And at some point the ceiling opened up and gold coins rained from the ceiling. The noise was unbearable and I passed out.
I have a family member who had an intense round of experiences about 20 years ago. She called me one night, crying, saying that a "ghost" woke her up and put a coin in her hand. She threw it back at the being which then ran from the room. She was unable to find the coin afterwards, but she did find that her 2 year old child's pajamas were missing.

Ktotten,
Do you think or has it ever occurred to you that someone from the plane crash might have entered your body causing the siezure and the memory. I wonder why your mother never told you about it until you were in your 30's. Did you ask her?

I do not think anyone entered my body. I was keenly aware of being on the field myself (I was walking through the wreckage). I suppose one could theorize that someone reached out to me, perhaps sparking the entire episode, but however it was initiated, it was me that ended up in that field.

I don't know why my mother never spoke of it until much later. Its possible that she may have been traumatized herself. She rarely talks about it even now. My father was not home (flying on a mission somewhere), but knows about it; knew some of the crew. In subsequent attempts to bring it up, I get a sort of brief acknowledgement but little willingness to go into any details. She mostly talks about what happened to me - her concern for me at the time (which I suppose is natural for any mother).

In response to Ktotten.
... [later, I met Graham] Hancock's ... and then told him that story. His face lit up and he nodded knowingly the entire time. He told me that my experience was basically identical to any number of the shamanic experiences he heard about in the field. He said that high fever seemed to throw the same filtering switch in the brain that hallucinogens did. I was gratified by his response, but at the same time I wondered how anyone could put themselves through that kind of thing voluntarily.

Fascinating story; thank you for sharing. Much later in life I did a little research into the history of the region (lake superior woodlands area), and the people who lived there - the annishnaube (ojibwe, more commonly known as the chippewa). I was amazed to discover information that the sticks given to me were used as invitations to a ceremony for initiation into the "mide" (what we westerners refer to as "medicine men"). As a prelude, small sticks were sent out as invitations to those who were to be initiated and others attending the ceremony. These were described as smooth round sticks, about 5 - 6 inches in length, roughly the size of a pencil. Upon arriving, all sticks were gathered by the initiators, wrapped into bundles, then placed at the door of the mide lodge where the ceremony was to take place. One book in which I found this information had an old photograph that astounded me: it was exactly like the small bundles of sticks handed to me. Why I, a 10 year old air force brat white girl would be given these, I have no idea.

Did my illness cause me to somehow travel into the past? Or put me in a state that allowed someone from that time to contact me, perhaps during a mide ceremony? It makes no "logical" sense but there it is.

Funny connection with the gold coins in the story you shared: in both cases, we were given something considered precious or materially important.

Like the description, I did not retain anything physical. But during it, it was very real. I felt the texture and weight of the sticks. I remember the feeling of walking, being out of breath as I hurried back home.

Posting this makes me feel really weird - like I shouldn't be talking about this stuff - it sounds so crazy!

Male

2. What's your Age?

School & Collage education

Photographer, Graphic Design.

Not that I know of.

6. Have you ever felt inexplicability "compelled" to examine, pursue or come forward with something associated with this weirdness?

Only to learn more about what might be out there.

7. This may be a tricky one to answer, but here goes: Success in our society can be rated in multiple ways, and this question may seem shallow, but it pertains (basically) to career and income. Given your intellect and your life skills, are you MORE or LESS successful than, perhaps, you should be?

Between 1 and 10 - I'd say a 6.

8. Someone completely uninvolved with this weirdness would be a 1, and Whitley Strieber (if he is to be believed) would be a 10. On this scale of 1 thru 10, what number best describes you?

9. Have you always considered yourself as an "experiencer" or did you come to realize it at some point recently?

No, not really. Experienced some thing, yes. Experiencer, no.

Since my early teens.

Do you consider yourself an EXPERIENCER?

That's a term loaded with baggage, but so is ABDUCTEE or CONTACTEE. Alas, I don't have a good vocabulary word to describe "this weirdness."

Please, if you feel like you fit into this category, could you answer the questions below as a reply. No real-deal research going on here, I'm just curious.

=================

Male.

2. What's your Age?

Mavo and Havo, the U.S. equivelant would be high school and college (I think)

Depends on what you think is creative. I'm terrible with drawing but good with puzzles.

Yes.

Yes.

Less.

Always.

--

Female

2. What's your Age?

I am currently a junior in college. At one point I took about 5 years off.

Yes. I am currently working on a fine arts degree.

no

Yes

In the middle. I have a new house that is paid for (not by me). I work at a sh*t job for now and technically don't have to, but I feel lazy if I don't have some kind of job. I love school. I just had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do, so I got a bit of a late start. Now that I am started though, I feel like I am right where I am supposed to be.

maybe a 6. I have had so many weird experiences, but nothing that has made me feel like I really can understand anything that is going on. I have no idea why this stuff happens or what it is or what it means. It just makes me even more inquisitive about the world.

I have always been since I was young. I am very scientific though and from about the ages of 14-early 20s not much happened and I started doubting my experiences and even leaned towards not believing anything paranormal was going on. It was very quiet for that whole time. When I started taking my art classes though, I started to have small paranormal experiences that I was able to just brush off. Then things escalated and eventually, I couldnt ignore or explain it. When you get the the place where you are not afraid of it anymore (I used to be the biggest wuss) it becomes fascinating. I do think when I started my art again, maybe I started exercising a part of my brain that is more receptive or something to this stuff. I'm not sure how it all works.

I was raised by my grandparents and they realized I was having experiences before I did. It all seemed completely normal to me when I was a very small child. I really didn't realize it was odd until I was about 5 or 6.

Male

2. What's your Age?

High School and some technical training. I'm self taught in most of the things I do

Very much so... I'm a musician (guitar, bass, keys) used to paint, worked in graphic arts for the last 29 years, and I build guitars

I had severe anxiety since I was a kid, and when I was younger, daily headaches. The anxiety lead to a breakdown in my late 20's, and was later accompanied by depression (in my 40's) and I was put on medication and attended therapy, which eventually helped. I'm free of both now... and the headaches too.

It's been a life long interest of mine, including the occult/parapsychology/metaphysics/supernatural, etc., but recently several experiences (which I have posted here) made me get back into the whole subject heavily and is why I ended up here. I consider myself a Fortean

Less so, due to question #5.

5 or 6

(and I believe Whitley had the experiences he had. That doesn't explain them, but that's the way it goes. I feel he draws too many conclusions)

I have always experienced weird things. It was a normal part of my life. I accepted this is a part of our reality that some don't care to acknowledge, but never-the-less has been going on for as long as humans have been around. I never grouped it together with the "UFO" or abduction phenomenon, until an incident a year or two ago. And then I reexamined a lot of it in that context and saw matching patterns with other people's experiences, including hearing voices, missing time, etc.

But except for my first experience at about age 4, I have never seen this entity that I have interacted with. And having no reference point at that age/time, thought it was what I called a "skeleton face", i.e., big gray face with big black eye sockets, hovering over me. I'd actually like to see them, in what ever form they take.

Now I think it's the same phenomenon, but a different face of it. To my knowledge I have never had an "abduction" experience, and all my interaction with this has been quite benign and benevolent. I firmly believe this "being" saved my life when I was about 8, and has continued to help me in tight situations ever since... not that I get into very many of those anymore.

But the experiences run the gamut from ghosts/poltergeist/shadow people, to UFO w/ creatures, phantom cats, an unidentifiable furry creature the size of a shoe box, odd lights and sounds, and information being "beamed" into my head, turing off street lights (that hasn't happened much since the anxiety has left) ... you know, the usual stuff. ;)

Sometime last year I redefined the experiences

=================

Male

2. What's your Age?

College for business and gas technician, going for oil tech in winter.

I'd say yes

I've been depressed before, but nothing that I thought deemed taking any sort of medication, I just tough it out.

I don't really understand the question, have I sought answers? Well, that's why I participate on these forums and listen to the show. As far as any hard research is concerned, no, I have not.

I could be far more successful in life if I worked harder and longer, though I feel that life is measured in the quality of the time spent enjoying life, so, I don't work weekends, I don't burn the midnight oil completing jobs, and I don't make it in to work before sunrise, but I do my 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week, and I'm happy with that. I have whatever material possessions I may fancy and I have a very close circle of friends.

Shit, ummmm, 5? I enjoy discussing the topic, I enjoy listening to the topic when it is done by people that take it seriously, and I enjoy doing armchair research (internet vids and books). I watch the occasional documentary when they are on, but I find it hard to pay attention to them b/c I'm too busy trying to google the people on the show to see how their credibility measures up.

I never liked the term "experiencer". I sort of felt that it was a term that poncho wearing sky gazer hippies gave to themselves in order to make themselves seem more relevant to the field. I prefer saying that I have had sightings of things I could not explain, and as much as they were compelling experiences, I don't want people to assume that I think that I had any sort of responsibility for these happenings, like some sort of white Canadian Yahweh of the 21st century.

I guess you could say I realized it when I started actively participating on the forums and noticed that I have had considerably more experiences than most people on the board, which I guess I took for granted.
==============

Female

2. What's your Age?

Artist/ 3D Artist

Yes

Yes, it runs in our family

I say a huge yes

I guess I'm successful

9 or 8 around there

I've known it about it my whole life, my whole life has had something crazy happen. It runs in your family all of us are experiencers. It must be in the Genes or something lol.

From when I was young, Family has had weird stuff happen all of our lives.

I went thru and created a simple chart from the answers in this thread.

19 people answered the questions.

I added some light tone to the answers where I saw an obvious pattern.

I am not a statistician or a scientist. The questions were (unfortunately) a little vague. If someone replied with TWO numbers (like 5/6) I simply noted the lower number, rounding down. I noted some answers as N/A.

Attachments

• 10tallCHART.pdf
    825 KB · Views: 8
Sorry Mike but I can't read the chart (even when I zoom in on it).

Went over this thread from start to finish and was a bit surprised that a lot of the forum regulars didn't fill out the questionnaire but then again maybe they never experienced something weird.

Went over this thread from start to finish and was a bit surprised that a lot of the forum regulars didn't fill out the questionnaire but then again maybe they never experienced something weird.

My experiences aren't regular or intense enough for me to catagorize myself as an "experiencer".

My experiences aren't regular or intense enough for me to catagorize myself as an "experiencer".

Same here. Never anything personally. The closest would be hearing directly from someone reliable who had the experience.

Back