• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Riot Day in Ferguson, Missouri

Free episodes:

Rioting looting and destruction is not justice.

Cultural Marxism is not about Justice. It's about playing one societal group against another for the purpose of establishing Elite-run authoritarianism.

Works great. Look at the situation we have today. Militarized police killing citizens on the flimsiest of pretexts. NSA collection and storage of every detail of every citizens' life. Vanishing middle class. Increasing poverty.

Wealth forcibly extracted from poor working people and transfered to the 0.01% SuperClass. Unending war. Childhood extending further into adulthood. Replacement of the Family with the State. Crippling debt.

The only real question is whether humans deserve to be run like cattle for accepting what Burnt State pushes. I'm beginning to suspect they may.

The community's response is unjustified in my opinion and perpetuates the stereotype of a black community.

Here is a community response that breaks the stereotype. Marxists HATE armed citizens because they prevent their plans from succeeding.

Black volunteers armed with assault rifles protect a Ferguson white-owned business.

Black residents protect white-owned store in Ferguson | Las Vegas Review-Journal

On Tuesday night, as police and soldiers took up positions in the parking lots of virtually every strip mall and big box store around it, the forecourt of the brightly lit gas station was busy with customers.

One, a 6-foot-8-inches man named Derrick Jordan ...whisked an AR-15 assault rifle out from a pickup truck parked near the entrance.

Jordan and the others guarding the gas station are all black. The station’s owner is white.

At times, Jordan and his friends were joined on Tuesday night by other men from the neighborhood, also armed. None of the men was getting paid to be there. They said they felt they owed it to Merello, who has employed many of them over the years and treats them with respect.

He carried a Taurus 9mm pistol in his sweatpants and drew it out to show another customer, an older man at a pump who was brandishing a MAC-10 machine pistol.

While the volunteer guards talked, a white SUV pulled up and a thin young man sauntered into the store. A few moments later, there was a commotion. Merello frogmarched the man out the store.

One of the armed residents, Sean Turner, showed the .40 caliber pistol in his jacket and told the man, “This is what happens if you try to steal from this place.”

You promote Cultural Marxism, which is based upon racism and violence.

Are you pretending not to know this?
I do not place inappropriate labels invented by socio-cultural or critical theory onto genuine equity work - what would be the point of that? I also do not see any personal value in going to the towers of academia to try to interpret real life on the ground floor. Academia has its place but when it uses labels from a distance to try to conveniently place complex interpersonal and historical tensions into a simple box for the purpose of challenging someone else's box of square pegs rammed through round holes it is limited at best in what it is trying to define. Please show me how anything I've said about how equity should proceed in society comes even close to the entirely contrary statements you made.

Let's use the ridiculous phrase "political correctness" for example. Standing opposite using language that is "politically correct" are usually a bunch of university boys, old and young and mostly white, who do not want their own discourse to be slowed down by having to check their racist, homophobic and sexist vocabulary. But in a progressive, moral and equitable world that kind of language has no place and deserves no support. So the discourse of equity wants to remove biased, stereotyped and offensive language - where's the problem here? Shouldn't everyone remove that language from their vocabulary? Who do you think would be participating in this forum or 4chan if all the racist, sexist, homophobic and ableist language was suddenly removed? More diverse ideas from diverse sources would come to the forefront and we know already that this creates a more productive society,

Regarding archaic texts produced in other "politically incorrect" time periods: do texts like Huck Finn and To Kill A Mockingbird have a place in the social discourse of high school lit classes in 2014? Well I prefer to teach Beloved instead - a better written and more informed text about racism and the slave era than anything those two white authors have to offer. In their portrayals of stereotyped black characters there are powerful white savior figures and a limited view of black people and black culture which Toni Morrisson promotes in her text. As society moves forward and becomes more equitable our discourse will change and promote stronger representations of different types of people which is much more inspiring than hanging onto the problematic ways we did things before.

So what exactly is it that you are arguing for - that we hold on to a discriminatory past because of academic labels interpreted in ways that complicate what it means to create an even playing field for all?

The other way I like to see things is that issues of bias are on a spectrum. On one end is the sexist joke and on the other is the serial murder of women. Inbetween these poles are people who make fun of women in positions of authority, abusive and derogatory language, pushing women and hitting them, sexually harassing women, beating women, assaulting and raping them and the ex who kills his former partner because, "if I can't have you no one will." There's a direct connection between the joke and supporting murder on the street. I like to ask other men, "Are you on or off the spectrum of violence against women?" After all, equity for women is the responsibility of men to create. Do you speak up when the sexist joke is about to be told? If that's being politically correct then I am all for it.

Last edited:
I do not place inappropriate labels invented by socio-cultural or critical theory onto genuine equity work

Really? You really cannot see the Marxist labels and racist stereotypes you employ?

"...reallocation of resources to go to where there is the most need in society"

"...recognition of what it is to be an oppressor"

"...white people are not ready to surrender their privilege, and rich people are even less likely to give up profits"

"...we are a polarized people led by rich white capitalist patriarchal pricks"

You advocate violent government action against people with a certain color of skin, but cannot fathom how that is racist or violent.

I encourage you to learn reason, logic, and clear thinking. I promise you will benefit in the long run. I hold hope for you.

Really? You really cannot see the Marxist labels and racist stereotypes you employ?

"...reallocation of resources to go to where there is the most need in society"

"...recognition of what it is to be an oppressor"

"...white people are not ready to surrender their privilege, and rich people are even less likely to give up profits"

"...we are a polarized people led by rich white capitalist patriarchal pricks"

You advocate violent government action against people with a certain color of skin, but cannot fathom how that is racist or violent.

I encourage you to learn reason, logic, and clear thinking. I promise you will benefit in the long run. I hold hope for you.
There is no violence whatsoever in what I am proposing. In fact what I propose is that we end violence in society by learning how to work against privilege in society. For this to happen there will need to be changes to the law in some cases i.e. women, indigenous and black populations get to vote or making it illegal and not legal to be able to rape your wife. If anything, I am identifying how society can become less violent by recognizing why some privileges should be surrendered i.e. you don't get to park right next to the entrance if you are able bodied or you might choose at your workplace to mentor other non-white, non-male, non-fully able-bodied peers into positions of power as opposed to always hiring the white male to be manager. Much of what I talk about is voluntary, including educating yourself to recognize your own power and privilege and deciding how you can put that to good use in society. It's not enough to call yourself a good person, you must also be good for something as well.

So while my language has Marxist overtones, that is entirely true, it is by no means calling for a violent over through of the republic but a peaceful approach to changing the inherently biased and discriminatory culture we live in. That culture has long rewarded privileged people and in doing so, withheld resources from those most in need - that's what establishing universal health care is all about, to use the resources in society in means to help those who need it the most. Isn't that what government is for - to help those in need?

So please show me where I have ever advocated for violent action or is that you just caught in your ideological framework, unable to reconcile the very practical, peaceful and progressive social shifts I have made throughout this thread? Just because I call some white capitalist patriarchal pricks, white capitalist patriarchal pricks does not mean i'm saying, "off with their heads!" I'm just responding to a history of frustration with the perpetuation of those privileges when they work to the detriment of others.

What went wrong in Ferguson was the translation of that frustration into anger and violence, but I can see how these things happen. Peaceful , non-violent protest as per MLK's precepts is the only way to go. So just for the record, as I don't want to be on any violent spectrum, I hearby apologize to all the white capitalist patriarchal pricks for calling them what they are lest that encourages someone to pick up a stone in anger, as I know that violence gets you nowhere - you just get waste.

Just because I call some white capitalist patriarchal pricks, white capitalist patriarchal pricks does not mean i'm saying, "off with their heads!"

Again with the racism.

I can see how you are clueless about your violence. You've never studied or self-examined.

But this racism has to stop. It's ugly and evil. Stop being racist. PLEASE.

Again with the racism.

I can see how you are clueless about your violence. You've never studied or self-examined.

But this racism has to stop. It's ugly and evil. Stop being racist. PLEASE.

Good grief, Charlie. If your 'ideas' weren't so twisted by the manipulations of the radical right I'd have to call you a hypocrite.

". . . the vast majority of accusations of this sort come out of a swamp of shockingly ill-informed, logically challenged demagogues on the radical right, whose easy access to the internet allows them blithely to spread the most egregious nonsense."

"It is very disheartening to see how robust this phenomenon remains today, and a source of bitter irony to observe how the [Frankfurt] School itself has become its explicit target. But if there is one positive implication of these developments, it is the perverse tribute today’s radical right pays to the School’s acuity in revealing the workings of their deplorable ideology and its origins in their political and psychological pathologies. In looking for a scapegoat for all the transformations of culture which they can’t abide, they have recognized the most acute analysts of their own condition. In the fog of their blighted understanding, they have discerned a real threat. But it is not to some phantasm called “Western civilization,” whose most valuable achievements they themselves routinely betray, but rather to their own pathetic and misguided worldview and the dangerous politics it has spawned in our climate of heightened fear and despair."

-- Extracts from Jay Martin, "Dialectic of Counter Enlightenment: The Frankfurt School as Scapegoat for the Lunatic Fringe"

Dialectic of Counter Enlightenment: The Frankfurt School as Scapegoat for the Lunatic Fringe

Racism just won't go away in the States.Sad.

Racism was on its way to being transcended in the US until the radical right instituted its radio and internet campaigns several decades ago to re-inflame racist feeling, playing on the resentment of lower- and middle-class whites in an increasingly stressed economy. It was all so simple-minded: a strategy of 'divide and conquer' to divert an increasingly progressive recognition of the common causes uniting the mass of human beings.

how is using the word, 'white,' racist? is that some kind of forbidden word, like the secret name of god, that can not be uttered? what the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about you using the color of someone's skin to single them out for excoriation.

You see a world of skin colors, but this kind of racist thinking will get you nowhere.

It's disgusting, and you should stop it.

The world IS full of different skin colours.

Its racsim when you treat people differently on the basis of their skin colour.

I look around and see different skin colours everyday, its what i do or dont do with that data thats racism or not

I'm talking about you using the color of someone's skin to single them out for excoriation.

You see a world of skin colors, but this kind of racist thinking will get you nowhere.

It's disgusting, and you should stop it.
The history of North America is about the construction of empire built upon the displacement and genocide of indigenous populations and slavery. These things were done by us white people and our privilege descends from those actions.

While there may be only one race on planet earth the fact is that people get treated differently according to their skin colour. Not acknowledging this is to have a false or even delusional vision of society. If we are going to create an equitable society acknowledging white privilege is step #1.
https://www.isr.umich.edu/home/diversity/resources/white-privilege.pdf

I don't know, maybe listening to more Rage Agaist the Machine might give you a different perspective?
rage-against-the-machine-evil-empire.jpg

I hope you overcome your Racism someday. I really do.

I hope that someday realize how evil your Racist Ideology is, and begin to value people for the content of their character, rather than your prejudiced stereotype of them based upon the color of their skin.

Back