• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Riot Day in Ferguson, Missouri

Free episodes:

I don't know how I could say it any simpler. People are people, not a skin colors. Racists like you are the reason there is so much hatred in the world.

mlk-content-character.png

Human's are like alot of animals, take canines, a dog is a dog, theres big ones, small ones, short hair, long hair, aggressive, passive, lazy, energetic, black, white, and all mixed shades inbetween.

You will not ever, not ever, make all men equal, because they are not.

Some people/s ARE inferior to others, and you will never educate this basic difference out of humanity, because like skin colour, intelligence is genetic, its why/how the Romans ruled, because they were superior of intellect, and on the other hand its why Africans became slaves by the million.

The fact that the Africans skin was a different colour than their enslavers, has zero relevance, they were enslaved because they were inferior of intelligence.

Africa was the cradle of humanity, those that stayed in the cradle never matured in the sense that the majority of humanity did, the humans that colonised the world got smarter in doing so, they had to, to meet the new challenges to survival.

You cannot educate millions of years of evolution, base instinct, basic fear, and survival of the fittest out of humanity.

All these political correct niceties, are just a comfort blanket for the weak of mind, and those clever enough to use it as a control.

Dogs bark at strangers thru fear, they fight out of instinct, its all to repulse what COULD become a threat, instinct, humans we bark, we insult, we try to drive the threat of the unknown away, modern society gives humans of inferior physical presence the opportunity to ''bark loudly'' in the safety of anonimity, to try to assuage their fear.

You can train a dog to do almost anything, but fuck with him, and he WILL bite you out of fear, most humans can be conditioned the same way.

Racism is as natural to the human psyche, as flees are to dogs.

We are all racist of thought, because we are human, it is as normal as wiping your azz.

Last edited:
Much as it morally pains me I have to agree with manxman. Outlaw racism from a moral standpoint ( i am talking about from our conscious) ...if that were even remotely possible...then another "ism" will come in to fill the void such as India's caste system. My guess is if it so happened that we were all a planet of a single species and race we would probably develop a system to subjugate someone we felt was inferior to us (for as long as such a species could exist) The best one could hope for is to remove such concepts from our laws and that's been done yet these concepts will never be removed from our hearts and minds.

At one time before white Europeans came to what would become the US there was fighting, raping and forced slavery in between the various tribes of native americans. I guess from an ethnographic (i think that's the word I want) pov I guess these people were all of the same race but it didn't stop them from belittling or demeaning someone who wasn't "them". Although it's probably fair to say that food and water sources may have made for a lot of fighting, maybe even started that way some of those lower concepts made its way into their beliefs. Apparently many of these "wars" were no more than taunting and teasing stealing horses vandalism of other tribes more than actual bloodshed but what was wrong with trying to communicate and share resources the more basic instincts took over. The Cherokee were among the worse, the had a small compliment of black slaves. although it's just a guess on my part they probably had slaves from another tribe until the whites gave them another resource.​

Hell, if you believe some ufo reports even our little grey friends appear subservient to larger lizards and/ Nordics beings. There's a few "isms" in that arrangement as well. Yet these guys are supposed to be more advanced than us. I'm being a little flippant here but it is to bring up a larger point. IMHO Any sentient being that exists anywhere will always find a rational for lording it over another society even if its done in a benign manner. Except maybe any hive minded beings that have been mentioned lately in the substrate - independent minds. If one truly wanted to eliminate any of these ideas, first you have to get rid of fear and hate.

Last edited:
Racism is as natural to the human psyche, as flees are to dogs.

We are all racist of thought, because we are human, it is as normal as wiping your azz.

While this part of what you said may be true, simply because of the way our brains have evolved over time, I don't think that means it can't be transcended.

You seem to be saying that since racism is ingrained in the human psyche, that we all should just resign ourselves to that fact and boo hoo to those who lost the genetic lottery.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that attempting to transcend our primitive, animalistic tendencies is one of the very things that make us human. We can be more than animals and our society should reflect that, otherwise I think we're abandoning a great deal of our potential and squandering the gift of consciousness.

I also disagree that intelligence is completely genetically based, the hundreds of thousands of people with learning disabilities who persevere despite of that hardship and achieve great things belies that argument. These racial groups that you claim are less intelligent, are simply not as well educated, because of many different factors throughout history. When given the same tools, opportunities and education they can do anything and everything that we can, the problem throughout history is that we've made this impossible for them at times, and even after certain freedoms were granted we've gone out of our way as a collective to hamper and oppose their every effort to pull themselves up, whether it be trying to keep them out of schools, our neighborhoods, whatever, it's a fact that we, as a society, did these things.

The message to these people has largely been, you are not good enough, you are not wanted and you are not welcome. Is it any wonder that this creates rage amongst the oppressed that occasionally boils over, right or wrong?

We can do better and I think we have an obligation to do so. That's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Last edited:
You are an optimist Muadib.

I think im a realist, i dont think 30/40 yrs of education, brain washing will over-come 300,000 yrs of the basic human psyche, we look, we see, we judge, thats programmed into us.

This may madden you, but they are at the bottom because they are inferior, you can rage about why they are inferior, but not the fact they are inferior.

You can sympathise with their percieved injustice's, much good that will do them aswell, skin colour is immaterial, we are primates, we have an in-built ranking system.

We know where we fit in, conflict of fit occurs daily, and we dont like that.

And beside riots like that are about the freebies and adrenilin, when these so called under-class's start rioting to get their kids educated to same standards as any middle class kids, i will have some sympathy for them.

Last edited:
I'm probable going to get flamed here but I would argue that such proclamations as being a "proud black man" or "proud white man" or "proud black women" are racist concepts even if its an attempt at self affirmation. Realistically how can one individual identify itself with billions of other people in the same race? Assuming you are a decent human being do you really think that everyone of your race or sex or tribe or caste actually share your ideals? For my part I'm proud that i was raised in such a way that i can look at myself in the mirror each morning knowing I'm doing the best I can to to avoid hurting anybody or imposing myself on others regardless of their race, sex, or caste is a damn good enough reason to be proud. Skin color and equipment between my legs be damned.

Last edited:
The musuem of Tolerance has two doors in which to enter. A Green unprejudiced door and a red door marked Prejudiced. From what I understand the green door has always been locked and not even the Pope..i think it was John Paul II...was allowed to enter the non prejudice door. A little gimmicky perhaps but it makes a statement.

I am no fan of aggressive cops. I am a lover of all races.
This young thug flirted with danger and got killed. He basically asked to get shot. I think a tazer would have been better but under the circumstances it may have not been an option.
The community's response is unjustified in my opinion and perpetuates the stereotype of a black community.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it better

Personally, I'm of the opinion that attempting to transcend our primitive, animalistic tendencies is one of the very things that make us human. We can be more than animals and our society should reflect that, otherwise I think we're abandoning a great deal of our potential and squandering the gift of consciousness.

I also disagree that intelligence is completely genetically based, the hundreds of thousands of people with learning disabilities who persevere despite of that hardship and achieve great things belies that argument. These racial groups that you claim are less intelligent, are simply not as well educated, because of many different factors throughout history. When given the same tools, opportunities and education they can do anything and everything that we can, the problem throughout history is that we've made this impossible for them at times, and even after certain freedoms were granted we've gone out of our way as a collective to hamper and oppose their every effort to pull themselves up, whether it be trying to keep them out of schools, our neighborhoods, whatever, it's a fact that we, as a society, did these things.

The message to these people has largely been, you are not good enough, you are not wanted and you are not welcome. Is it any wonder that this creates rage amongst the oppressed that occasionally boils over, right or wrong?

We can do better and I think we have an obligation to do so. That's just my opinion, take it or leave it.
Lots of great wisdom throughout there. Educating ourselves out of our racism is an inevitable event in societies and cultures that promote mixing, integration and immigration. We are all destined to have a Chinese uncle in the family (i've already got four of them), the way that everyone used to have an Irish uncle. I can see in some geographic areas where diversity rates are so high that the mixing in some families is profound. This means we will all have a stake in each other's well being and so education will be naturally extended down through all family members. Shadism will be an issue for a while perhaps, but i think even that will be overcome as our initial combinations create families that are multi-racial, multi-cultural and multi-faith.

This weaving of traditions and ancestry will increasingly become a bigger and bigger portion of society even while conservative pockets continue to create gated, mono-cultural communities, where everyone only marries people that looks like them, believes like them, worships like them etc. but even these cults will soon fade away as being deemed unhealthy, possibly even anti-social. For who, in the face of real social diversity, will hold onto claims like racial purity? That stuff is already becoming antiquated in the face of true global migration. We are going to ultimately shave off the edges of our conservatism in the face of true equal rights, except for those who live in Russia, China and North Korea (i mean yes, there are other countries and problematic regions but those three serve as a good example of what type of killjoy cultures come with dictatorial rule).

Historically we know nothing about other cultures, their intelligences or their ebbs and flows. While Europe was in the dark ages rubbing sticks and rats together for warmth and survival the Middle East was the centre of civilized thought. Everyone thinks everyone else is, or was, backwards and really the choices, and chance that created the different directions different cultures travelled on is pretty complex. Early slavery was about religion in North Africa, while later in the west we debated with the church in Spain whether or not South & Central American indigenous populations had souls or not, so we could rationalize just how much we could abuse and enslave them. I don't see anything civilized or intelligent in that debate at all. Perhaps intelligence is a matter of perspective, and force and might have been the real game changers in the history of global human exploitation.

I see a future where everyone is welcome at the table, no matter your race colour creed gender or sexuality because we'll grow out of this religious inspired puritanical patriarchy that has taught people to claim scapegoat, treat women, children and the elderly as less than, while others occupy even lower rungs of prosperity still. In the future when power is shared out to all and every kind of identity there won't be fear, ignorance or hatred because we will have learned to embrace diversity. In the future when we are done with hatred and the biases of the past everyone will be able to be a leader and occupy positions of power while dwelling in a peaceful community.

Unfortunately, in this future, if you want to live past 3o you'll have to go to carousel or become a runner. Beware the sandman, runner! Seek sanctuary.
Picture5.JPG

I think we were meant to be stunned. After sitting in stunned silence for a while, I asked my friend Google for help in understanding what looks to me like pathological racism. So I searched that term and found the following among other results:

Is Extreme Racism a Mental Illness?: Yes
Good work, Constance. I've run into this before in anti-racism circles where the DSM changes were to include racism in the manual, especially given the effects racism has on individuals.
Changes In DSM-5: Racism Can Cause PTSD Similar To That Of Soldiers After War

Racism is a terrible thing to live through and is highly disruptive to family and community spaces, causing not just psychological distress, but the depression and self-doubt can be maddening and ultimately causes physical health concerns due to the high stress levels. It is a very unnerving hatred.

Last edited:
It's even destructive to those who aren't victims of it. Indeed, it's destructive to the human species and the human spirit as a whole, as no one should by now be able to doubt.

It's even destructive to those who aren't victims of it. Indeed, it's destructive to the human species and the human spirit as a whole, as no one should by now be able to doubt.

I'd like to agree with that sentiment, i really would. I wish it could be more true but as a human species we seem to be pretty comfortable with ourselves being involved with acts of intolerance for as long as we have been walking upright, and that's what we're really talking about here. Intolerance. Now on an individual basis it's good to see some people rise above fray but good intentions aside i think it's even wrong to linger on racism above other acts of intolerance. As a nation (at least us Americans) it can be said we can identify more with racial prejudices, it strikes a deeper nerve with us as a whole over other forms of intolerance because of our history but you don't need me to point out that there are countries where people are still persecuted because of their religion and their sex where race is not even n issue. In many Arabic nations there is a trifecta of sorts. the Arabs are a culture, not even a race per say, yet to a large degree they find plenty of reason to disparage people that are not male and that are not muslim within their own culture. So in that context you could hardly call them racist, certainly intolerant though and quite frankly whatever label you choose to apply to them, their feelings towards others that are not like them are are just as repugnant and just as worthy of castigation as any racist sentiment. having said that i understand they do find room to lord it over other races as well, mostly worker/servants from the phillipines. Matthew and Grace Huang ( a Taiwanese-American couple ) seem to be undergoing some questionable actions from the country of qatar based on their race and the race of their now dead daughter.
Perhaps cultural intolerance is the real villain here.

Last edited:
Lots of great wisdom throughout there. Educating ourselves out of our racism is an inevitable event in societies and cultures that promote mixing, integration and immigration. We are all destined to have a Chinese uncle in the family (i've already got four of them), the way that everyone used to have an Irish uncle. I can see in some geographic areas where diversity rates are so high that the mixing in some families is profound. This means we will all have a stake in each other's well being and so education will be naturally extended down through all family members. Shadism will be an issue for a while perhaps, but i think even that will be overcome as our initial combinations create families that are multi-racial, multi-cultural and multi-faith.

This weaving of traditions and ancestry will increasingly become a bigger and bigger portion of society even while conservative pockets continue to create gated, mono-cultural communities, where everyone only marries people that looks like them, believes like them, worships like them etc. but even these cults will soon fade away as being deemed unhealthy, possibly even anti-social. For who, in the face of real social diversity, will hold onto claims like racial purity? That stuff is already becoming antiquated in the face of true global migration. We are going to ultimately shave off the edges of our conservatism in the face of true equal rights, except for those who live in Russia, China and North Korea (i mean yes, there are other countries and problematic regions but those three serve as a good example of what type of killjoy cultures come with dictatorial rule).

Historically we know nothing about other cultures, their intelligences or their ebbs and flows. While Europe was in the dark ages rubbing sticks and rats together for warmth and survival the Middle East was the centre of civilized thought. Everyone thinks everyone else is, or was, backwards and really the choices, and chance that created the different directions different cultures travelled on is pretty complex. Early slavery was about religion in North Africa, while later in the west we debated with the church in Spain whether or not South & Central American indigenous populations had souls or not, so we could rationalize just how much we could abuse and enslave them. I don't see anything civilized or intelligent in that debate at all. Perhaps intelligence is a matter of perspective, and force and might have been the real game changers in the history of global human exploitation.

I see a future where everyone is welcome at the table, no matter your race colour creed gender or sexuality because we'll grow out of this religious inspired puritanical patriarchy that has taught people to claim scapegoat, treat women, children and the elderly as less than, while others occupy even lower rungs of prosperity still. In the future when power is shared out to all and every kind of identity there won't be fear, ignorance or hatred because we will have learned to embrace diversity. In the future when we are done with hatred and the biases of the past everyone will be able to be a leader and occupy positions of power while dwelling in a peaceful community.

Unfortunately, in this future, if you want to live past 3o you'll have to go to carousel or become a runner. Beware the sandman, runner! Seek sanctuary.
Picture5.JPG

light1.jpg

I'd like to agree with that sentiment, i really would. I wish it could be more true but as a human species we seem to be pretty comfortable with ourselves being involved with acts of intolerance for as long as we have been walking upright, and that's what we're really talking about here. Intolerance. Now on an individual basis it's good to see some people rise above fray but good intentions aside i think it's even wrong to linger on racism above other acts of intolerance. As a nation (at least us Americans) it can be said we can identify more with racial prejudices, it strikes a deeper nerve with us as a whole over other forms of intolerance because of our history but you don't need me to point out that there are countries where people are still persecuted because of their religion and their sex where race is not even n issue. In many Arabic nations there is a trifecta of sorts. the Arabs are a culture, not even a race per say, yet to a large degree they find plenty of reason to disparage people that are not male and that are not muslim within their own culture. So in that context you could hardly call them racist, certainly intolerant though and quite frankly whatever label you choose to apply to them, their feelings towards others that are not like them are are just as repugnant and just as worthy of castigation as any racist sentiment. having said that i understand they do find room to lord it over other races as well, mostly worker/servants from the phillipines. Matthew and Grace Huang ( a Taiwanese-American couple ) seem to be undergoing some questionable actions from the country of qatar based on their race and the race of their now dead daughter.
Perhaps cultural intolerance is the real villain here.

Good stuff Wade

Intolerance to change i think is a better fit for what i was saying about the human condition.

Constance was sorta on track, your real racial bigot has indeed got a much deeper paranoia, i.e. fear.

"it's even wrong to linger on racism above other acts of intolerance."

Really? Why is that? Do you think that calling out the depravity of racism (especially when it's just been displayed in all its ignorance and animus in the midst of this forum thread) shortchanges another discussion we should be having somewhere else of the parallel forms of oppression and injustice that go on in the US as well in other societies on the planet? By all means, we should discuss those too, but if we are honest we will not accept an innocuous term like 'intolerance' with which to designate them.

Speaking for myself i don't find the term intolerance the least bit innocuous. But that's me. Just consider all the acts over the ages that had little to do with a racial identity that resulted in the destruction or near destruction of an entire cultural identity of a people. Sure racism is one aspect. I guess the best way to describe my sentiment Constance, is that I feel racism is merely a symptom of intolerance which is a virus, virus want to replicate. I think manxman is right.

I briefly was going to throw out there a term which I then thought better of because it sounded so trite and that was intolerance meme. I am interested in the concepts of memes and thought that intolerance would be a valid example. I THOUGHT I made it up. Just for the hell of it I googled that term to see if anyone else used it and found something interesting. I'm not saying the blog ' s OP and the follow up comments are necessarily right, you might disagree with them but they are interesting and some of the sentiments back up what manxman even touched on

"...Let's be honest here: it isn't just the "intolerant" monotheistic religions of the West that are guilty of such behavior. There are long shopping lists of barbarism committed by Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, plus the unparalleled crimes against humanity carried out by atheist anti-religionists such as Stalin and Pol Pot. James naively suggests that the Jews invented intolerance, but this is not an issue of religion or secularism, it is an issue of power and control. Religion is just a very convenient means by which such control can be exerted on others...."

Emphasis was the OP not me.

Substitute The word Racism for religion and this statement would be no less valid. Same with the caste system. At The end of the day We are talking about the subjugation of another people's or erasing their dignity or cultural identity by whatever means or justification they can come up with

Frum Heretic: Did Jews Invent the Intolerance Meme?

Last edited:
Back