• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Riot Day in Ferguson, Missouri

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
I was hoping for some good rioting in Ferguson, Missouri today because I am too sick with a chest cold to get any work done, but not sick enough to lay in bed unconscious as I would prefer. I want to watch some live action on the interwebs.

Things are not looking good. The weather is St. Louis today will be 42 degrees and overcast.

The tweeter is showing nothing interesting at: https://twitter.com/search?f=realtim...%20%23ferguson

CNN and FoxNews are showing clips from yesterday.

It's almost Noon in the Central time zone. I thought things would be rolling by now. Perhaps the hippies haven't had their Starbucks yet.

You want people including Police Officers to be exposed to danger and violence for your casual entertainment?

I don't want anyone to get hurt, but if they chose to engage in such behavior, I can indeed watch.

Big spectacles are interesting. You could try to make they case that they are not, but I've never seen anyone succeed at that.

I think if there is a bad response it will be a chicken or egg thing. I've been coming across some interesting reading about the new militarization of the police with all that gulf war gear making its way into the smallest police force, especially the idea of creating separation and hiding behind helmets and masked as opposed to mixing in with the protesters. The police forces in this country are becoming militias. If the officer in question gets off with what would be considered a light charge, the people will come out in force as will the armored masked mitias and sociologists would probably point out that one begats another.
The point being that the mere appearance of masked forces could invite even more antisocial behavior without lifting an arm.

And @ 18:15 pst all eyes are on Ferguson. I am looking at a near empty court room waiting for the announcement from the D.A.

Grand Jury refuses to indict police officer darren wilson. This means at least 9 of the 12 went this way.

I thought the DA did a great job going through the whole case, and how many witnesses changed/ recanted their story or gave conflicting testimoney or weren't there as opposed to physical evidence. On the station i was listening to a civil rights attorney (black if it matters) was in 100%agreement. He said there could be no charges given what was mentioned. As to be expected when they went outside and spoke to people that didn't hear the news conference. Most said things along the lines "to be expected" " i already knew how it would come down" Local firebrand najee ali an outspoken police critic said there didn't need to be any evidence it was a simple act of murder by the police officer.

The problem is that America's lengthy history of shooting unarmed black people continues to this day and seemingly unpunished as well. In fact if anything, it seems that racial conflicts with law enforcement, including security guards, that result in death seem to be ramping up in the degree of profile they get in the news, as the riots will follow and so there's lots of bleeding fodder to lead the news.

This does seem to be pushing a more engaged discussion around equity, violence and racism in America. There's always a steep price to be paid in order to bring attention to the need for more sophisticated and committed dialogue on these issues. I wish the same would happen for sexual assault, but it seem that altering that paradigm is still decades away, but this piece about race is really getting some significant attention. However, it's entanglement with the class divide makes it a real hard one to move on. What will it take for America to turn bigger corners on this discussion instead of repeating the past and always waiting for things to fall apart before meaningful change is produced?
passive_resistance_fire_hose.jpg

These are from the children's march in Birmingham.
paddywagpn_1_for_web__0.JPG

I hear there are tear gas & gunshots now on the streets of Ferguson. They are using rubber bullets and sound guns. It looks like things are falling apart again. Can America continue to tolerate this ongoing cycle of destruction?

Last edited:
...it seems that racial conflicts with law enforcement, including security guards, that result in death seem to be ramping up in the degree of profile they get in the news

This is by design. The media's job is to keep the herd throwing rocks at each other instead of banding together against the Oligarchy.

This is an ancient social engineering strategy called Divide et Imperium. Works great. Mobs run to the polls every two years to try and steal crumbs from each other. Meanwhile back in New York, London, and Bejing, the Elites try to decide which super-yacht to buy for next year's Cannes film festival.

yacht_event_ee_middle.jpg

Really the only question is whether people deserve to be managed and harvested like cattle.

I predict the presence of the National Guard will prevent a riot. We'll soon know if I'm right.

The Mayor of Ferguson begged the National Guard for help. As he describes in this local television interview, his pleas were ignored:

From the State government's point of view, it's better to let businesses burn and people get hurt than risk bad publicity. They understand that the public is driven by emotion and herd mentality, not facts and reason.

Back