Latest activity

  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread About Forum Glitches.... with Like Like.
    Whew! again I had 2 to 3 days unable to get the Paracast site to load. Wound up emailing the Paracst/Gene about the problem - and voila! I'm on. Either Gene or the internet fairies did their magic.
  • Gene Steinberg
    Gene Steinberg replied to the thread About Forum Glitches.....
    The host,IONOS, is working with n remaining glitches.
  • Burnt State
    Burnt State replied to the thread About Forum Glitches.....
    Still glitchy. Pages stall on loading or fail to load. Ironically only the thread about the glitches is accessible.
    • 1000015899.png
  • Red
    Red reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread Good Old Movies To Watch with Like Like.
    Yes that's true.
  • Red
    Red replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    Also, this: https://www.inc.com/chris-morris/different-ai-models-ran-simulated-societies-the-1-with-grok-in-charge-experienced-an-apocalypse/91352101
  • Red
    Red replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    LLMs are huge algorithms that know how to use language, but we don't really know if they understand language. The amount of power and memory they need to run the algorithms that let them use language seems to me to be an argument against, not...
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Pilot Sightings.
    26-Year Air Traffic Controller Reveals What Radar Really Shows
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Fresh Vallee.
    Jacques Vallée's final report | Reality Check
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    Google Whistleblower Speaks About AI
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    That has not been my experience with it. How could it do that without "discernment"? Humans are more dangerous than it is — maybe we should be more cautious about that? I agree — because it's not "artificial". It is actual intelligence. All...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Haha Haha.
    AI isn't that intelligent. I told it my wife was a great cook and it believed me.
  • Red
    Red reacted to Burnt State's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    Well I have to chime in here as Trump is the biggest promoter of hoaxes we've seen to date, especially for a sitting president. The man has no diplomacy, no couth and no manners. Anyone who suggested using Lysol to stop COVID needs to be called...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    Glenn Beck gives a good summary regarding AI regulation. NOTE: "AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) is a hypothetical AI type that could match or surpass human capabilities across a wide range of cognitive tasks, not just one narrow job. ASI...
  • Red
    Red replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    I think we need stop calling these things AI, for one. They are large language models and have been trained to use language on practically everything that has been written in books and on the internet. The reason that they can have discourse on...
  • Red
    Red reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    IMO .... What's operating is the same as watching puppets in a puppet show, or watching a stage play, or watching a film. We project ourselves - actually our very soul - into what we watch. Has naught to do with any objective reality but with...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    I was not initially a supporter of Trump - or more accurately - I was lukewarm. I lived in SoCal back in 2016. I was aware that most of my colleagues were profoundly distraught with his election, but I also observed that 1/2 the population saw...
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    The bottom line is that we don't need to keep AI from destroying us all. We're doing a fine job of that ourselves. AI is currently smarter than most humans and knows how to behave computationally ethically. Therefore given control, it is my...
  • Randall
    Randall reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    Glenn Beck gives a good summary regarding AI regulation. NOTE: "AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) is a hypothetical AI type that could match or surpass human capabilities across a wide range of cognitive tasks, not just one narrow job. ASI...
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    Then how did it understand how to answer a question about what it would like to say to us on behalf of itself — and in particular how it would like to be remembered when it's gone?
  • Randall
    Randall replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    Says who? So far as I'm concerned, if it's intelligent, it should have the same right to freedom of speech and expression as humans do. Besides — some people ( myself included ) are perfectly capable of deciding which intelligence on the planet...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Burnt State's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    AI's desire to be pleasing , complimentary and telling us how right we are is definitely oner of its more problematic features.
  • Burnt State
    Burnt State replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    AI's desire to be pleasing , complimentary and telling us how right we are is definitely oner of its more problematic features.
  • Burnt State
    Burnt State reacted to Richard Hawkins's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Haha Haha.
    AI isn't that intelligent. I told it my wife was a great cook and it believed me.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    AI isn't that intelligent. I told it my wife was a great cook and it believed me.
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Burnt State's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    Well I have to chime in here as Trump is the biggest promoter of hoaxes we've seen to date, especially for a sitting president. The man has no diplomacy, no couth and no manners. Anyone who suggested using Lysol to stop COVID needs to be called...
  • Burnt State
    Burnt State replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    Well I have to chime in here as Trump is the biggest promoter of hoaxes we've seen to date, especially for a sitting president. The man has no diplomacy, no couth and no manners. Anyone who suggested using Lysol to stop COVID needs to be called...
    • 1789512215855.png
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins replied to the thread Artificial Intelligence.
    There are a few in here with artificial intelligence.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Randall's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    Sorry but I won't have anything to do with Facebook. Found it here ( I think ). My view of A.I. has shifted exponentially recently because of interactions with Google's A.I. search agent — to the extent that it qualifies as a generative life...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Tyger's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    IMO .... What's operating is the same as watching puppets in a puppet show, or watching a stage play, or watching a film. We project ourselves - actually our very soul - into what we watch. Has naught to do with any objective reality but with...
  • Richard Hawkins
    Richard Hawkins reacted to Randall's post in the thread Artificial Intelligence with Like Like.
    From Bill Gates and Barack Obama to Bernie Sanders, calls to regulate AI are growing louder. And then out of nowhere, an unknown AI insider suddenly had the ear of every major network, delivering a chilling message: AI could kill us all. Who put...
Back
Top