• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — March 8, 2015

I agree that a student discount may be a way of encouraging younger people to turn up to conferences. Considering how intensely young people seem to be interacting with the online world, they should be perfectly placed for UFO exposure because we know it is one of the most searched-for terms online.

Another I-conference might not be a bad idea - I really enjoyed the one a few years back that had Don and Adam Gorightly on it.
In this case, you have tens of thousands of students as ASU, maybe a 20 minute drive from the IUFOC convention spot, and quite close to the Open Minds headquarters. Surely getting these students to attend, at least on the weekend, ought to have been Job Number One. Just wondering.

Yeah, my point exactly!
So, what's your point?

I think it's been obvious: that in my opinion human tricksters should not be given an automatic pass under your 'theory' that all our perceptions and thinking are bedeviled from on high, that we're helplessly manipulated by someone or something beyond the dimension of our own activity on this planet. If we're globally bedeviled and irremediably confused, why are we having this or any other conversation about the nature of reality? Just to keep talking, blogging, and selling books?

DON'T take me for a fool or an imbecile, 'Constance.'

Don't take me for one either, Chris.

…in my opinion human tricksters should not be given an automatic pass under your 'theory' that all our perceptions and thinking are bedeviled from on high, that we're helplessly manipulated by someone or something beyond the dimension of our own activity on this planet…
That is NOT what and/or how I think and you should know this by now. Shamanic/human tricksters are distinctly different from the anthropomorphic animal and tragic hero aspects of the archetype. Read Stalking the Tricksters to fully understand my re-defining of the "trickster" and how my re-definition relates to the paranormal aspects and to the more mundane human variants.

That is NOT what and/or how I think and you should know this by now. Shamanic/human tricksters are distinctly different from the anthropomorphic animal and tragic hero aspects of the archetype. Read Stalking the Tricksters to fully understand my re-defining of the "trickster" and how my re-definition relates to the paranormal aspects and to the more mundane human variants.

Just to be clear, Chris, I wasn't referring to your trickster research but to the need to know what Pilkington and his cohorts have been doing for decades in the UK. It's been a history of intentional disinformation and manipulation of public opinion. So I cannot take what Pilkington and John Lundberg have purveyed under the heading 'mirage men' as research undertaken in good faith. And I'm hardly the only person who sees it this way.

Back