• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Opinions

Wheels

Paranormal Novice
G'day Everybody

I'm new to the paracast forums and i wanted to say G'day to everyone!:) I also was interested in what people think are the most credible ufo sightings/encounters. In my opinion it would be the Rendlesham forest encounter,but thats just me.

P.S. You have a great show Gene and Dave keep up the good work!

Wheels

Yeah, i buy that one. I like the military base related sightings, like Wurtsmith or that one in Peru that lead to a dogfight.

There was a case back in 94 (i think) in Holland ,Mi where a family sighted 3 craft and called the police (who confirmed the sighting), who in turn called the weather station and got radar confirmation. That's one of my favorites.

What about O'hare airport? I haven't heard much about that in a while, that was kind of a big deal.

Hi Wheels,

Though I haven't studied the Rendlesham incident in very much depth (so feel free to shoot me down) I have always had a nagging doubt about it because of the time of year "Christmas".

Knowing someone in the military myself that happened to be stationed at Area 51 some years ago, and the fact that he and some others used to play ufo style practical jokes on both the public and some of their own. It would seem to me that the Rendelsham incident could, and I stress could be of a similar nature.

Also as I understand it the soldiers that went to investigate went unarmed.
Like I said I dont know all the ins and outs about this incident but it does strike me as rather strange considering there may have been nukes stored there.

Just a thought.

By the way Welcome to the Forums "Wheels" hope you get as much out of show and
Forums as I do, look forward to hearing more from you.

Peace,

Mark

The soldiers who ventured into Rendlesham Forest had no choice but to go unarmed. They were American soldiers, and as soon as they went off-base, they were on British land. Therefore, according to international and British law, they were required to leave their weapons at the base. Had they carried weapons onto British soil, without authorization from the UK authorities, they would have been committing a serious criminal act. (The US airbase itself was regarded as US territory).

Thanks for that info Siani,

Like I said I haven't really studied this event and what you explain is helpful.

Thanks,

Mark

The soldiers who ventured into Rendlesham Forest had no choice but to go unarmed. They were American soldiers, and as soon as they went off-base, they were on British land. Therefore, according to international and British law, they were required to leave their weapons at the base. Had they carried weapons onto British soil, without authorization from the UK authorities, they would have been committing a serious criminal act. (The US airbase itself was regarded as US territory).

Yeah i heard that the soldiers had left their weapons behind but i did not know why, thanks for the explanation Siani!:D

Rendlesham for me isnt the most compelling case. Its is a very good case but there are too many potential flaws.
Firstly, Jim Penniston has claimed that he sat there for 45 minutes with the craft and drew pictures of it etc. Whilst John Borroughs said that the craft came down, they hit the deck and then it flew off.
Thats a pretty big inconsistancy and difficult to explain away. Missing time maybe but why only one of them.
You can find some more of the skeptical views here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_Incident#Sceptical_viewpoints

Not saying it didnt happen, i'm just saying that when people are arguing about massive details of what actually happened, it does a lot to discredit both of the arguing sides.

For me the most compelling is the Belgian triangle UFO. Ground sighting, reported by police, seen by 1000's of people, tracked on multiple radars, chased by the air force with multiple lock-ons and also played cat and mouse with them to lend weight to intelligent control.

This would be the smoking gun if it werent for the fact that whilst it was caught on camera at various other times, it wasnt in this instant and the pilots didnt get a visual (but then wouldnt from their range at night).
Add to that the fact that I saw something similar to it myself making it more credible in my own mind....

Rendlesham for me isnt the most compelling case.
Not saying it didnt happen, i'm just saying that when people are arguing about massive details of what actually happened, it does a lot to discredit both of the arguing sides.

For me the most compelling is the Belgian triangle UFO.

Add to that the fact that I saw something similar to it myself making it more credible in my own mind....

For what it's worth, I've witnessed a UFO in Texas that very closely resembled descriptions of the Rendlesham event.

Rendlesham for me isnt the most compelling case. Its is a very good case but there are too many potential flaws.
Firstly, Jim Penniston has claimed that he sat there for 45 minutes with the craft and drew pictures of it etc. Whilst John Borroughs said that the craft came down, they hit the deck and then it flew off.
Thats a pretty big inconsistancy and difficult to explain away. Missing time maybe but why only one of them.
You can find some more of the skeptical views here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_Incident#Sceptical_viewpoints

For me the most compelling is the Belgian triangle UFO. Ground sighting, reported by police, seen by 1000's of people, tracked on multiple radars, chased by the air force with multiple lock-ons and also played cat and mouse with them to lend weight to intelligent control.

This would be the smoking gun if it werent for the fact that whilst it was caught on camera at various other times, it wasnt in this instant and the pilots didnt get a visual (but then wouldnt from their range at night).

I have to agree the Belgian case is very compelling.That is because the photograph of that triangular craft is one of the best and the most vivid that is out there. Alot of photographs in other cases just look blurry and distant.

Plus the military information in the case is interesting also.I believe Roswell is still one of the best we have" even do the history of this case is getting more and more clouded.

Hi Wheels,

Though I haven't studied the Rendlesham incident in very much depth (so feel free to shoot me down) I have always had a nagging doubt about it because of the time of year "Christmas".

Knowing someone in the military myself that happened to be stationed at Area 51 some years ago, and the fact that he and some others used to play ufo style practical jokes on both the public and some of their own. It would seem to me that the Rendelsham incident could, and I stress could be of a similar nature.

Also as I understand it the soldiers that went to investigate went unarmed.
Like I said I dont know all the ins and outs about this incident but it does strike me as rather strange considering there may have been nukes stored there.

Just a thought.

By the way Welcome to the Forums "Wheels" hope you get as much out of show and
Forums as I do, look forward to hearing more from you.

Peace,

Mark

Besides the criminal act Siani mentioned, I believe that the initial thought was that a plane had crashed in the woods. They were sent to investigate that and see if assistance needed to be rendered. I do not believe that they had any indications that a security risk was present.

1 -- Delphos Kansas (1971)
The physical evidence for this case is amazing.

2 -- Columbia Misouri (1973)
I like the physical trace cases. This was a good one.

3 -- Rendlesham (1980)
I find these guys very credible. The have always been very forthright about what they witnessed. I think it is a very convincing case.

4 -- Malmstrom (1967)
The Robert Salas story is a good one. I personaly believe that the incident happened just as he claimed.

Back