• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your favorite UFO case(s) - and why?

Siani

Despiser of religious nuts
Do you have a favourite UFO case? If so, why is it your favourite? (No, that's not a typo, that's how we Brits spell favourite :redface:). Is it because you find it interesting? Compelling? Amusing? Intriguing? Any other reason?

One of my all time favourites is the Socorro, NM case in April 1964.

1964-UFO Landing at Socorro, New Mexico

It's one of the first UFO cases I ever read about, after my own sighting as a 12 year old. I was fascinated by it as a child, and as an adult(ish!), I'm struck by the fact that Lonnie Zamora is widely regarded as a very sober, rational and reliable witness. I truly believe he saw exactly what he described - although, of course, that doesn't mean he saw an alien craft and occupants. I've read Ray Stanford's book on the case, and if it's an accurate account, Zamora was warned off mentioning the occupants of the craft, by government officials, which adds a fair bit of intrigue to the story.

Ok, that's mine. What's yours?

Intruders case. Ufo/Abduction. Why? Read the book and decide for yourself

Betty Cash incident in 80. Don't know if it was alien, but a ufo to me.

Ed Walters Gulf Breeze is worth looking into.

Allagash too.

This triangle seems to exist. I don't know if it's alien. Might be. Too many cases to list.

Battle over LA.

Washington Merry go round.

The launch pad incident, where a ufo changed the launch codes on Russian and US nukes. Russia released info. on this.

I'll leave it up to the reader to research and come to their own conclusions. I'm not here to convince people when I think the facts do a well enough job. In some cases I am just puzzled. Not sure if it's "alien" but it certainly may be. Worth a look imo.

:)

I like the Triangles, since I saw one which looked exactly like the Belgian one. Also they were captured on radar, seen by police and military, and caught on camera.

The Robert Salas case at Malmstrom was pretty good and Bob Jacobs at Vandenberg AFB seeing the UFO destroy his missile.

For me, it is not any particular case, rather the large number of highly credible pilot and military sightings as a whole that makes the best case.

I'm still not sure about abductions. Whats this book called Aaron?

I like the Triangles, since I saw one which looked exactly like the Belgian one. Also they were captured on radar, seen by police and military, and caught on camera.

The Robert Salas case at Malmstrom was pretty good and Bob Jacobs at Vandenberg AFB seeing the UFO destroy his missile.

For me, it is not any particular case, rather the large number of highly credible pilot and military sightings as a whole that makes the best case.

I'm still not sure about abductions. Whats this book called Aaron?

Yes, triangles are overwhelming in terms of evidence. Most ufo sightings I've dealt with personally are triangles. Well, lights in the sky might tie it. NC is, or at least were a hot spot for them. In the 70s.

Ah yes, Robert Salas. I'd love to see the film, since I haven't, I didn't mention that one. Could be another Bob Dean.

Intruders is the book. If you like that book, the gals came forward some 10 years later. With their real name. Budd Hopkins dealt the initial book. Not a better abduction case imo. Oh, I'm sure some might disagree, and I welcome it. "Abducted" is the book that they did after Intruders. A mini series was even done. Loosely based on it, well, based on Intruders that is. One of the central people involved is now named Debbie-Jordan-Kauble. She's a widow, er was, before she re-married. I've followed her for years. Nothin bad to report on her yet.

If you get around to reading it, let me know.

I'll have to go with the ones I've seen myself. They were more convincing than anything I've read about or seen on t.v.
As far as other reports go, the Colares case is a good one.

Wikimedia Error

Do you have a favourite UFO case? If so, why is it your favourite? (No, that's not a typo, that's how we Brits spell favourite :redface:). Is it because you find it interesting? Compelling? Amusing? Intriguing? Any other reason?

One of my all time favourites is the Socorro, NM case in April 1964.

1964-UFO Landing at Socorro, New Mexico

The Socorro one would I guess be one of my favourites now as well since this is because I was listening to Ted Phillips on the pocast "Eye To The Sky" chatting with Dee Andrews about the Socorro case and other trace cases, and he mentioned that footprints were found at the Socorro site.

Yep ... thats right ... FOOTPRINTS ... OF FLAMIN ... ALIENS. Now how cool is that??? :D It was news to me anyway, and thus by footprints alone, the Socorro incident has moved into my list of fave UFO cases.

What else I don't hear you murmur???

Oh Rendelsham/Bentwaters of course, Malmstrom, the Welsh Triangle sightings (lots of cases in the place in Wales where I grew up), the Nellis AFB footage, the Phoenix lights (its not every day a mile long UFO passes over you), the Skinwalker Ranch stuff is just too mad not to include etc etc etc...

If I put my thinking cap on, I'd probably come up with a hell of a lot more (like the Battle of Los Angeles or the Kaikoura sightings here in NZ) ...

Now reasons why I picked each one?? Each one is different and may bring a small piece of the UFO jigsaw puzzle to the table? Maybe each one is so utterly fascinating that they're always there wandering around the empty spaces of my mind ? :D Each one has its own "cool" or "wow" factor??

I suspect a combination of all of these, and many others I have not thought of as yet :p

Time anomolies, floating black boxes, or anything that doesn't fit neatly into the UFO or apparition categories.

No PICTURES of the footprints? Arrggghhh.

No ... not that I know of. Apparently they looked like small human footsies. Don't know if they had the same number of toes and things though. Might have to send a note to Ted Phillips and see if he has any more info on this.

Hudson Valley flap.

How many times have you seen a case where the investigators actually saw the UFO in question? Lots of witnesses. And while this might be some type of human built craft, it still eludes identification. And it certainly doesn't fit the ultralight explanation by the fundamentalist skeptic community. They should be ashamed of their efforts to boldy go where every believer has gone: the land of wishful thinking.

I have many favourites such as the Belgian ufo encounter, and the mexico flap of the 90s.But to be honest, i enjoy must ufo cases as long as the they are real and plausible, lol, yes plausible!
well ya, you no what i mean lol

I think the one I'm most fascinated with, is actually more of a MIB encounter than just a UFO thing. It happened in the 1960's in Owatonna Minnesota.

The story is, some lady had an MIB show up at her door pretending to be an Air Force officer.

Is this in a book or movie?
Nope, as far as I know, no one had really documented Gulf Breeze before Ed Walters. Everyone thinks it began with him, and it absolutely did not. It had been going on for decades, including major sightings at Elgin AFB, and assorted wierdness.

I documented and wrote a paper on it in I believe it was the late 90's, that I posted at my current website before it was lost to the net of old stuff.

Back