• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Favorite Show Moments

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
Folks,

We want to put together a 5 minute edit of highlights from the show, and we really need your help.

Longtime listeners, what are your absolute favorite moments? Insightful, funny, maddening? If you could have someone hear 10 - 30 seconds, what would it be?

A lot of you have joined the forums, but have yet to post, and assuming that you're making your way through the archives, we'd especially appreciate your feedback. Past episodes are fresh in your ears, and that perspective is very useful to this effort.

Please take a few moments and let us know what you've heard that has really worked for you.

Thanks,

dB

One of my favorite moments was on the Dorothy Izatt'a show when David decided to look into the case further. It only got frustrating on the forums after the show when David decided not to look into the case.

I know there are many other great moments but I will have to try to remember the specifics

I like it when you hand it the hard way to pinche Michael Horn, detailing with awesome precision exactly why the pictures are shit. I don't know if that'd be a good ad segment, however. I'd have to listen again.

Another memorable line is from Mr. Steinberg in the David Jacobs episode. The first thing he says, with perfect irony, is "Dr. Jacobs, what is the secret alien agenda?" I laughed hard at that.

On a side note, I'd like to hear more Snoory improv. It's really funny stuff, especially what you recorded with Mr. Vaeni about Snoory's presedential bid.

I'm sure there are some golden nuggets in the Vallee episode, though nothing that comes immediately to mind.

You could probably find some memorable pieces in the first big Ritzmann episode. I recall him sharing a few extremely bizarre experiences. I have had many paranormal experiences over the years, some of them along the high strangeness stuff, but nothing that compares to Ritzmann's stories. And the sense of integrity that astute folks can detect in Ritzmann brings a natural credibility to his talk. It could make some spicy motherfuckin ad pieces.

Allen G. and Jeff R. discussing the symbols Jeff saw on the mirror and discussing that it might be Enochian. That was both intriguing and spooky. :)

--Shawn

Please avoid the flakey guests. Folks like Michael Horn, Stephen Greer and David Sereda (etc). Their schpiel leaves me feeling sorta unclean.

I delight in the articulate and insightful comments from people like Mac Tonnies, Dave Jacobs (yes, dispite his intense conclutions), Rich Dolan, Brad Steiger, Nick Redfern, Stan Freidman...

I think a clip from the Dorothy Izzatt and the Arigo shows would be good since both of those seem to check out and are amazing stories, particularly the Arigo show (I just finished the Arigo book, by far the best case of the paranormal I've ever heard about)

I think you also gotta include a bit from David's final commentary on the recent Greer show, some good rants/sound bytes there. Maybe also a few choice cuts from Jim Mosely, a clip of Stanton talking about the 'noisy negativists', maybe a clip from Shermer talking about pilots being bad observers and then David saying that's ridiculous. Maybe some bits from Rittzman's stories as well.

I like the first Mars theme with Mac Tonnies, and then the fellow from Canada who is somehow related to Stanton Friedman, info on the "other" Roswell, underwater ufo bases, but all in all, most especially Stanton Friedman on Roswell.
the above is subject to revision, pending a third look at the podcast listings....

I think it was Jeff talking about the two guys that came to visit him at his shop. that was interesting and creepy.
Gene was talking about the Capturing the Light DVd and the kitchen scene.
i was on edge.

I think it was Jeff talking about the two guys that came to visit him at his shop. that was interesting and creepy.
Gene was talking about the Capturing the Light DVd and the kitchen scene.
i was on edge.

Both good choices. I bet there is a juicy sound byte in there when Jeff is talking about getting visited by those guys and being threatened. I think Jeff's story about driving to Ocean City, MD was one of the best stories I've heard as well.

I think the aspects to emphasize in a highlight real are:

- Gene and Dave's personalities, good cop bad cop
- How the paracast is not afraid to grill someone when needed
- How some of the guests are crazy
- How some of the guests are really credible and have experiences that everyone should know about
- How there is true passion in trying to get to the bottom of this

Just about anything from the Bernard Haisch interview.
It's hard to pin down "a" favorite sound bite, exactly.
But some of the ones I liked were from Jaques Vallee, and the round table discussion at the UFO symposium....that cell phone "slide whistle" was just hilarious and well timed!
And of course,"Reincarnation of Christ"....or something to that effect...that was priceless.
But I know you're hunting for something useful. I'll keep listening and post whatever hits.

While my favorite guest is Jeff R. who is mind blowing, Mac Tonnies has away of doing that in a more subtle manner.

Find myself saying ... "Wait a minute! Say that again! Yeah, yeah, expound!" Several good clips in his last interview.

Loved the sequence where David and Dolan talked about Joe Simonton seeing Aliens cooking crispy wheat pancakes inside the Saucer!!

The story is taken from one of my favorite ufo-books,Passport to Magonia,by Jacques Vallee...

Personally, that Eric Julien interview had me killing myself laughing. I have listened to it about a dozen times, and it sounds like a Monty Python sketch LOL :)

Ive only listened to about less than 10 shows so i dont have a definative favourite show moment but..........

The shows that have Dennis Balthasar as a guest are a clear example of top Drawer Material 10 out of 10 for these shows.

Also i very much enjoyed the wrapping up of the June 22/08 Steven Greer interview. (Sheer Class)

Probable the time Jeff Ritzman was on and talked about the black fuzzy box run accross the floor. for some reason that sticks in my head more than any thing i have heard of or seen myself!

Forgive me for being so vague on this one, but on an international flight I listened to several paracasts back to back...

I don't remember the title of the episode, but my favorite of all time was the one where the Russian guy crawled through the cave about a mile back and found a slit in the rock wall. When he squeezed through he discovered he was lying on some kind of giant synthetic craft.

I still get chills thinking about it.

The X-Conference recap was classic. It was like being there and having a seat at the table with friends, then having Bruce Maccabee sit down out of the blue was great.

Of course, Biedny can be an angry drunk and chasing off Rob Simone was a bit much but not entirely unjustified (not to mention funny).

And on a different level, Ritzman is the best. I'd love to see him as a permanent third host. Any show with him is a keeper.

Revisited the show of 11/12/06 today, the one with Jeff R and Royce Myers III.
Great show and I particularly like the top of the show where David vents his feelings
about certain cults, and the way people seem to abdicate their own powers of discernment in favour of whatever they are served through the ever growing and seemingly all powerful mass media.

There's lots of great stuff but my suggestion would be from 1.05 to 2.54, maybe too much for a sound bite but I feel it's important and oh so true.

Also I would like to echo "exo docs" suggestion, and say that anything from the episode with Dr Bernard Haisch would be great.
I'm off to listen to some more favourite shows now and will be fireing off some more ideas soon.

One other thing,
Thanks so much for having all your shows archived. As I and I think everyone here regard them as pure Gold.

Peace,

Mark

Back