• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Favorite Show Moments

Paracast 7/1/07
[4:00 - 4:40]

DB: At this point, you know when we were originally going to have [Derrel] Sims on the show, all of those incredibly bizarre emails he sent off ahead of time to us with all of these strange things about him wrestling alligators in a bathtub in Queens, NY, surrounded by pygmies who were throwing twinkies at him, except the twinkies didn't have cream filling, instead they were full of baby scorpions and the twinkies were exploding on the alligator that he was fighting and the little baby scorpions were getting in his eyes and his mouth and his nose, and how he invented an anti-venom serum for the baby scorpions but because of the stuff that's in the twinky it wasnt working right...I mean, some of that stuff he sent us was just out there!

Amazing...I'll post more as I go through the older stuff

Ok I've got a list going here. Mainly stuff that cracks me up. Granted, this is highly subjective so not everyone will find these funny...maybe it's just my New York sense of humor. It may also help to listen to these, as the humor is sometimes conveyed in the emphasis more so than in the word(s).

Paracast 11/30/08
[1:00:14 - 1:00:31]

GS: ...and we're not talking about Ghostbusters, the movie, like we talked about in the last hour where you have the guy in the refrigerator who says, "Zule," which - actually the guy had a speech impediment, he meant to say, "Zoo. I want to go to the zoo," and... "because I needed to have some lunch," or something....I don't remember what that was about.

Paracast 10/07/07
[00:22 - 00:42]

GS: You know it's very interesting the strange turns the conversations reach on our forums in the paracast discussion forums. We've got people on there now debating as to whether vampires exist.
DB: Aah...I think I might have dated a few.
GS: Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - Let's not go there!

[1:55:49 - 1:55:57]

DB: ...and Whoopi Goldberg asked this gal, whose name evades me at the moment - I don't want to know her name; I don't want to remember her name - but apparently she's one of the hosts of the show...[The View]

Paracast 11/16/08
[1:36:05 - 1:36:13]

DB: ...on the Paracast forums there is an image that might be the wackiest image on our entire site -
GS: This is not my face, by the way.

Paracast 11/2/08
[37:29 - 37:34]

GS: ...this particular person - does he have a day job other than painting and meeting Nordics?

Paracast 10/19/08
[5:44 - 6:06]

DB: ...there will still be no disclosure. It is a fantasy that will not be coming true - in the same way that all these channelers who are predicting that UFO's will be hovering over the earth sending Jolly Rancher candies down, en masse, to the humans to make them happy - this will never, ever, happen.
GS: What about the UFONauts sending us Bagels and Cream Cheese?

Paracast 6/7/09
[36:52 - 37:03]

GB: ...no I'm giving you credit for being intelligent, that's all.
DB: Oh, ok. I'm sure you'll get some bad emails about that.
GS: I'm writing one right now - excuse me.

Paracast 10/12/08

[1:53:01 - 1:53:08]

Gary Schwartz: Now do you know what an endowed professorship costs at a place like Harvard or Yale?
DB: Probably a few bucks.
Gary Schwartz: A few million dollars.

Paracast 10/5/08
[3:00 - 3:24]

GS: So the life-forms out there - we have no idea what form or shape they take, so we're going to start an association or society or a non-profit corporation to learn how to deal with a fantasy world? We might as well have a Disney Land Association too. A Disney Land Studies, you know? Disney Land Politics - how do we deal with the characters at Disney Land?

[49:48 - 50:12]

DB: ...on The Paracast an underlying theme of the show is that when someone tells you they have all the answers and they say, "this is what it is," you know, here's a global statement about any aspect of the paranormal realities that we face...um, at that point, once someone has all the answers that's when you should be real concerned and question -
GS: Also look at your wallet. Definitely look at your wallet.

Paracast 9/14/08
[1:28:06 - 1:28:27]

Alan Turner: ...the way things are going at the moment, I don't think it will be - certainly not in our lifetime - but it will be a rather infinitesimal amount of time before we start learning what's going on elsewhere. I don't think we can do anything other than keep an open mind and plug away at it.
GS: Hey I'll tell you what: keep an open mind about this [sponsor break]

Paracast 8/31/08
[1:06:30 - 1:06:43]

DB: ...at this point, it's sort of almost laughable to think that humans would need a non-human species to tell us that we were endangering our eco-system. It's about as obvious as a 2 x 4 in the face.

Paracast 8/24/08
[2:24 - 2:32]

GS: ...you know we have a special area of our forums called Your Personal Experiences Forum–
DB: With Doughnuts? Or Bagels?

Paracast 6/22/08
[2:11:13 - 2:11:31]

The Clueless One: Yeah, essentially he's gotta make up the aliens until the aliens finally show up.
GS: And then the problem is if the Aliens do show up, or when they show up, they may say, "That's not us. We don't do that sort of thing." Course, they won't speak quite in that way. The more highfalutin language will be used by the aliens - we think - unless of course they jive.

more to come...

Paracast 6/7/09
[36:52 - 37:03]

GB: ...no I'm giving you credit for being intelligent, that's all.
DB: Oh, ok. I'm sure you'll get some bad emails about that.
GS: I'm writing one right now - excuse me.

Jimbo, you don't have to be from nooyawk to get that string of chuckles, but this one I think I liked:D the best!

My goodness, Jimbo, that must have taken a lot of work. We all expect you to go through every show and transcribe them all completely now and make them available as pdf downloads. And, uh, thanks!

Another of my favourite moments is in the first Don Ecker one, when he is asked his opinion of Jim Moseley.... I laughed so hard i nearly crashed my car, i think the funniest moment in paracast history for me.

David: "I'm looking up here, Bill, and there's nothing about you on the NYT database"

David (imp. Bill Knell): "Oh oh, yeah, isn't that strange?"

David: "No! It's f*cked up! Die! Die, you *sshole!!!"

Gene: "David, calm down"

:D

Of the shows I've listened to so far only two people have hung up on the Paracast, one host and one guest. Dave B. hung up on a Bill Birnes interview. I can't remember which guest hung up but if it has only happened once maybe you can remember which show it was. These may not be the shows brightest moments but they are memorable and maybe worth mining for a sound bite.

Of the shows I've listened to so far only two people have hung up on the Paracast, one host and one guest. Dave B. hung up on a Bill Birnes interview. I can't remember which guest hung up but if it has only happened once maybe you can remember which show it was. These may not be the shows brightest moments but they are memorable and maybe worth mining for a sound bite.
David wasn't hanging up on Birnes so much as he was hanging up on the show. He just left.

The guest who hung up on us was arch criminal Bill Knell, who couldn't stand having his misdeeds revealed, one after one. :)

Another of my favourite moments is in the first Don Ecker one, when he is asked his opinion of Jim Moseley.... I laughed so hard i nearly crashed my car, i think the funniest moment in paracast history for me.

My mistake, it was actually his second show, April 29th 2007. Now i dont know much about Jim, but he seems like a nice chap, but this really was the funniest paracast moment for me, and the only time I think I've heard David burst out with laughter on show.
Check it out at 1:43.07

Such a funny insult, thanks Don, i'm using that one all the time now :D

David,

My favorite moments are every time you and Gene unmask all those charlatans...that Stephen Bassett and Paola (crazy) Harris episodes were priceless!!!

You guys are the BEST!

I've been going through the archives and a few great moments for me are: stanton Friedman's first appearance where he puts forward a very good theory on the "WHY" question. Peter Robbins disclosing what Col Halt told him in confidence. Dr Leir describing the weird nature of the implants. John Burroughs on the time traveller theory. Gary Schwartz on his conclusions about his work on the afterlife. Michael Horn sounding like he was about to crack up. (incidentally I go for deluded rather than conman). Jacques Vallee on the Hill case and the state of ufology. Well there's a few for starters.

;) I liked it when Dave & Gene mocked a certain host on a certain show with refrains of - "Was it an angel . . . ? Was it an angel . . . ? Was it an angel . . . ?" :D

I would like to hear a clip of Timothy Good talking about Billy Meier. I think its very important to debunk hoaxers. Stephen Basset seemed to be saying in his interview that he doesn't think it is. That is tantamount to admitting that the disclosure project is too far gone to be saved without destroying it.

One moment that I can't get out of my head was David talking about how watching Close Encounters with an audience in South America, what a different experience it was. Total silence from the audience. Something about that just rings so true.

Old thread, but here are my two cents:

- Don Ecker painting the image of a potbellied Clifford Stone sneaking across the barb-wired parameter of his camp in Vietnam, with a knife in his teeth, all to go meet his 'UFO contacts';
- Don Ecker talking about his research into human mutilations, when he asked his FBI acquaintance to search the FBI database for a particular pattern of wounds on the victims, with the acquaintance subsequently getting called into his superior's office and chewed out because the search drew attention; [perhaps combined with Phil Imbrogno's intimation that there were human mutilations covered up during the Hudson Valley flap];
- David's recounting of the spirit woman witnessed in Florida, particularly looking at her eyes towards the end of the encounter;
- Jacques Vallee's recounting of the case involving the French farmer who took three shots at a UFO, the first which hit metal, the second which sounded as if it went through a phone book, and the third which went through thin air; and,
- Budd Hopkins and David Jacobs together discussing their conclusions as to the alien agenda based upon their years of research.

On the whole, my favorite shows are ones with: (i) serious researchers with new/thoughtful insights, generally based upon substantial field work, and (ii) credible guests recounting real encounters with detail. The state of ufology doesn't keep my attention, unless it is Don Ecker going off on someone.

Hi. In one of the recent episodes, one of the hosts (You both sound so similar so I'm afraid I can't remember which one) mentioned how he had previously detailed extraordinary/odd experiences he had been subject to. Does anyone know which episode this discussion takes place?

Thanks!

Hi
I am new here but have to say i LOVE the paracast.

I quite enjoyed the john burroughs interview. I really thought he sounded quite genuine. :D It also opened up a lot more of the whole rendlesham incident for me so much more than I had read about. Fascinating.

Your doing a great job David and Gene ;)

Please avoid the flakey guests. Folks like Michael Horn, Stephen Greer and David Sereda (etc). Their schpiel leaves me feeling sorta unclean.

While I see what you are saying, and I think the positive should be focused on mainly, I think it would be wrong to NOT include a segment or two of someone being called out on BS. It is a really identifying part of what makes the Paracast unique to most other shows.

Yeah, and make sure you listen to the Bill Knell nightmare - a classic!

dB

I was reading through this thread and was about to post that the Knell Hell episode was one of my favorite moments. Then I found this post. That was one great show. Comeuppance aplenty!

Kudos David and Gene on that one for sure.

Back