• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

You Wanna be a TV Stahhh?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[Here is an email we received at the Paracast yesterday. Yet another fishing expedition by MSM to lasso real stories and warp them into fear-based semi-fictional trollop, would be my guess. What do YOU think? Hey, if you wanna be a stahhh, go for it!
—chris]

Hello,

I'm writing to you today because I'm casting a docuseries for a major TV network and
wonder if you might be willing to help steer me in the right direction.

We're looking for people with real stories of the unexplained. I've included the
flier copy for your review and would be so appreciative if you have any ideas or
feel comfortable sharing this notice with people you feel would be interested in
participating in this project!

We're searching worldwide for REAL and UNIQUE stories for an exciting new docudrama
to air on major TV network!

Searching for people who have stories of paranormal events, unexplained phenomena,
mysterious real-life moments, UFO abductions, hauntings, ghosts, demons, scary
encounters with the unknown, etc.
We would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.

If this is you or someone you know please submit the following information to:
[email protected]
1. NAME/AGE
2. CONTACT NUMBER
3. PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH A BRIEF SYNOPSIS OF YOUR STORY. PLEASE INCLUDE WHEN &
WHERE IT HAPPENED AND WHO WAS THERE TO WITNESS THE EVENT.
PROJECT DETAILS:
Exciting new docudrama created by Academy Award winning producers.
Major TV Network Broadcast
Preliminary interviews will be held over the phone and via Skype beginning January
2015 - End date is TBD.
Shoot Dates: TBD

Name: Shannon Torrence
Email: [email protected]

My big chance to have a 3 hour interview cut down to 23 seconds on a tawdry run-of-the-mill paranormal documentary on TLC or BRAVO? Um.....no thanks. However, if anyone here goes for it, in appreciation for Chris's tip, they should do the interview wearing a PARACAST tee-shirt.

You must get these sort of requests frequently Chris.

Tell them you would be happy to consult for them @$100HR

It astounds me these people want you to do there work for free.

Well they DO have a good yelp rating.

[sic] "The best casting office in the entire LA area!!!! Lots of good vibes and energy A place were dreams come true! "

Back