• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

You Can Help Make The San Luis Valley Camera Project Become a Reality!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
As spring approaches the SLV, we are gearing up for the final push to install the Camera/instrumented monitoring system in the San Luis Valley. We are planning a gofundme campaign to pay for the rest of our equipment, the Internet costs and maintenance of the system. But this GFM money will not cover my personal costs to supervise the implementation of the system, nor cover my nut while I'm in the SLV. I have elected, at the urging of several friends, to set up this Patreon Page for followers of my work (and the SLV Monitoring/Camera Project) to contribute what they can to help me further the completion this historic scientific effort in this amazing, anomalous locale. THANKS in advance for all your help everyone, and here's to a successful launch of the SLVC/MP!!! Thanks in advance for sharing this on your social media!

32266420_10214772739924813_5610695299807838208_n.jpg

Very cool project. What was the object in the video test file you posted? Even with the cameras in place, it would be hard to effectively establish if it were a plane, saucer, or consumer drone.
It would be fairly easy to determine shape , size, speed, altitude and azimuth w/ three triangulated cameras. The object in question is probably a small two man helicopter. The giveaway is the light bloom off the canopy that captures the late afternoon sun (behind the camera to the west). The chopper was traveling from the south where Alamosa's Bergman Field is located.

If I had edited out the first few frames a case could have been made by the true-believer crowd that it was an angelic silver sphere piloted by a 'blue avaian.' I could have agreed, let my eyes glaze over, begun wearing blue feather boas, wrote a book about it, get my own Gaia.TV show and go on to become a cause celebre... :rolleyes:

A bit disheartening that I suggest a way for people to help me finally make this project a reality and there's one response that ignores the reason for the post. Seems as if this forum has been run into the ground.

Chris is one person who is putting his time and sweat into getting some clarity on the UFO question. Instead of sitting in a chat room and praising his efforts, I suggest that everyone open their wallets and purses and give some cash to a worthy cause.

Patreon allows you to give a few dollars to this enterprise. I know that is more than affordable to everyone here.

Chris is one person who is putting his time and sweat into getting some clarity on the UFO question. Instead of sitting in a chat room and praising his efforts, I suggest that everyone open their wallets and purses and give some cash to a worthy cause. Patreon allows you to give a few dollars to this enterprise. I know that is more than affordable to everyone here.
A BIG shout out to Dave for his sizable contribution to help me continue on w/ this worthy project. Funny how everyone's always complaining about how the field has degraded into the realm of celebrities and entertainment and when a worthy project and idea like this one comes along, all you hear is some lip-service and no one thinks it's important enough to step up and help us make history! Its also the thought that counts...Sad and a bit disheartening, Emblematic of the times, I suppose....or perhaps it's a simple case of Gene's bill burnout?

It would be fairly easy to determine shape , size, speed, altitude and azimuth w/ three triangulated cameras. The object in question is probably a small two man helicopter. The giveaway is the light bloom off the canopy that captures the late afternoon sun (behind the camera to the west). The chopper was traveling from the south where Alamosa's Bergman Field is located.

If I had edited out the first few frames a case could have been made by the true-believer crowd that it was an angelic silver sphere piloted by a 'blue avaian.' I could have agreed, let my eyes glaze over, begun wearing blue feather boas, wrote a book about it, get my own Gaia.TV show and go on to become a cause celebre... :rolleyes:

A bit disheartening that I suggest a way for people to help me finally make this project a reality and there's one response that ignores the reason for the post. Seems as if this forum has been run into the ground.

1. If you did selectively edit the footage and make it seem like a blue avian UFO, you would get your own show on the Gaia Network!

2.Don't turn into Gene, and get very moody about crowdfunding ventures. You posted a video and I asked a question directly related to that video in hopes of learning more about the project. This is why I have a tough time with you. You are always so damn negative and quick to attack/object to very reasonable posts.

1. If you did selectively edit the footage and make it seem like a blue avian UFO, you would get your own show on the Gaia Network!

2.Don't turn into Gene, and get very moody about crowdfunding ventures. You posted a video and I asked a question directly related to that video in hopes of learning more about the project. This is why I have a tough time with you. You are always so damn negative and quick to attack/object to very reasonable posts.
Dude, where's yer sense of fucking humor? STOP reacting like a troll already. Turn into Gene? GENE is not and never once has crowdfunded for a research project, he's maximizing an income stream that he relies on.

Instead of doggin me, become part of the team and put yer $ where yer mouth is. Pledge a simple $1 per month and show you support the solution and have graduated out of the 'peanut-gallery part of the problem.

Chris is one person who is putting his time and sweat into getting some clarity on the UFO question. Instead of sitting in a chat room and praising his efforts, I suggest that everyone open their wallets and purses and give some cash to a worthy cause.

Patreon allows you to give a few dollars to this enterprise. I know that is more than affordable to everyone here.

Agreed!

Dude, where's yer sense of fucking humor? STOP reacting like a troll already. Turn into Gene? GENE is not and never once has crowdfunded for a research project, he's maximizing an income stream that he relies on.

Instead of doggin me, become part of the team and put yer $ where yer mouth is. Pledge a simple $1 per month and show you support the solution and have graduated out of the 'peanut-gallery part of the problem.

I guess we are going to curse now like degenerates...you're right, the forums have gone to hell!

I was fine with the humor part, (see bullet point 1 on my reply). However, your next comment showed zero humor, you immediately went into attack mode and basically berated me for simply asking about your video rather than just forking over money (Gene is rubbing off on you here). If you can't see that is EXACTLY what happened in your reply, then while I work on my sense of humor, you can work on reading comprehension. Fair enough?

Energy follows thought. Even the slightest collective nudge toward change can have tremendous influence. This whole subject, field, approach, attitude, needs a swift kick in the ass and where better to start than with the basic building blocks of science. FUCK all the anecdotal "suspend-yer-disbelief" BS already. I'm tired of it! I'm tired of the old foggies and old thinking, I'm tired of youngsters & yahoos that don't have a clue w/ their tushies getting kicked & programmed by the TV men. Let's change the conversation already. What's wrong w/ a triangulated camera array in a premier 'hot spot' region? Can you spell p-r-o-a-c-t-i-v-e-? Anybody not get the picture? I have no other goal than repeatability. In the meantime, the energy behind a single dollar toward a groundbreaking effort can carry as much weight as you will. I'm willing to see it through what can you do to help? No whining allowed.

Energy follows thought. Even the slightest collective nudge toward change can have tremendous influence. This whole subject, field, approach, attitude, needs a swift kick in the ass and where better to start than with the basic building blocks of science. FUCK all the anecdotal "suspend-yer-disbelief" BS already. I'm tired of it! I'm tired of the old foggies and old thinking, I'm tired of youngsters & yahoos that don't have a clue w/ their tushies getting kicked & programmed by the TV men. Let's change the conversation already. What's wrong w/ a triangulated camera array in a premier 'hot spot' region? Can you spell p-r-o-a-c-t-i-v-e-? Anybody not get the picture? I have no other goal than repeatability. In the meantime, the energy behind a single dollar toward a groundbreaking effort can carry as much weight as you will. I'm willing to see it through what can you do to help? No whining allowed.

I am not sure I was the one whining. I simply commented on the video and was berated for asking a question about that video and accused of ignoring your plea for cash. Why post the video on a "discussion forum" then attack me for discussing it? I think in order to manage a venture and drive results successively, it is important the principles are measured, stable, mature, and professional. I don't see that with you, I think this thread, and your response to a rather benign post by me, is indicative of that.

Good Luck though.

This is the most important project in the history of ufology, in my opinion: it’s the first serious and transparent effort to collect modern precision scientific data of this phenomenon in real time for subsequent analysis by scientists and technicians in the public sector. We’ve needed this for over seven decades to make real progress in this field; I’m thrilled that you’re making it happen.

So I think we should share the GoFundMe and Patreon links all over the place, and especially on all of the ufo groups on facebook, and our social media profiles, and every online paranormal forum.

Chris – I’m going to write up a nice post for my facebook profile describing this project as soon as I have both links to share. And of course I’ll be donating to the GoFundMe campaign – I’m better with lump sum donations than I am with subscriptions because my income is up and down all the time. When do you expect to start the GoFundMe campaign?

I think that the most exciting part of this project is your willingness to share the data so scientists at every level can analyze your findings – will you be posting your data on a webpage where people can download it?

Chris, I could not wait for your "ask" as I support real science in all of its forms, understood by others or not. I do not think we are alone there. Let me know what else I can do. And WOL, just stop already......seriously, bad, stop,...please.

I have not participated in this community for very long, however a long time researcher, and just during this short time I have been asked to believe;

- Gene is bad for having intermittent income, or more splanely.......a damn American entrepreneur...
- "Chris is a negative presence"........because you're not on his level....
- "UFO's will never be understood in my lifetime"........odds are better with the SLV project
- " I want to believe" expectations.........dont ask me to prove your dad was in love when you were conceived (and yes I roast if needed!)

The good thing is I now also have;

- a better understanding of the Paranormal "landscape"
- a sense of how much work it takes to provide meaningful content....
- a better understanding of the history of technology....-
- what "genuine" means...
- and UFO's are caused by your mom.....

TDSR (language in the strongest terms)......the deep space resident...IS YOU.

Chris, I could not wait for your "ask" as I support real science in all of its forms, understood by others or not. I do not think we are alone there. Let me know what else I can do. And WOL, just stop already......seriously, bad, stop,...please.

I have not participated in this community for very long, however a long time researcher, and just during this short time I have been asked to believe;

- Gene is bad for having intermittent income, or more splanely.......a damn American entrepreneur...
- "Chris is a negative presence"........because you're not on his level....
- "UFO's will never be understood in my lifetime"........odds are better with the SLV project
- " I want to believe" expectations.........dont ask me to prove your dad was in love when you were conceived (and yes I roast if needed!)

The good thing is I now also have;

- a better understanding of the Paranormal "landscape"
- a sense of how much work it takes to provide meaningful content....
- a better understanding of the history of technology....-
- what "genuine" means...
- and UFO's are caused by your mom.....

TDSR (language in the strongest terms)......the deep space resident...IS YOU.

I think you need to objectively go back and read my 1st comments. I first complimented the project (because I found it interesting) and then asked a specific question about the video Chris decided to include in the thread (thinking it was fair game). Chris initially replied something fairly humorous, and I acknowledged that similarly. However, he then took a negative tone and berated me for failing to address the main point of the thread (giving him money) in favor of asking a question about a video HE POSTED!

I found that uncalled for and still do.

This was my reply to this thread:

"Very cool project. What was the object in the video test file you posted? Even with the cameras in place, it would be hard to effectively establish if it were a plane, saucer, or consumer drone."

This was what Chris said about my comment:

"A bit disheartening that I suggest a way for people to help me finally make this project a reality and there's one response that ignores the reason for the post. Seems as if this forum has been run into the ground."

Final thoughts:

How was my 1st post proof the "forum has been run into the ground?" Because I COMPLIMENTED the project and then asked a fair follow up question directly relating to the project? Come on people.

This is why I am not going to "stop" I didn't do anything wrong to deserve Chris's disdain and antagonistic comments.

Don't bully people into giving you money Chris. I came onto this thread civilly, with good intentions and was berated because I ignored your plea for money. Sorry after 10 years of Gene, I think we are all a bit desensitized about Paracast cries for cash.

Last edited:
We have had several conversations over the years on this forum about the footage in question. I've mentioned it several times on the show and it's both on my website and on my Youtube channel. You fail to mention that I DID answer your question, and then put some humor into the post which you gleefully jumped on as ammunition for your negative comments. Please do us both a favor and put me on ignore and don't attempt to engage w/ me from here on out. You have a really bad attitude and a bug up yer ass about me—that's why you can't wait to jump on anything I post that you can misconstrue, twist or whine about from you lofty, sniffy anonymous perch. IMO your passive aggressiveness is not one of your endearing qualities, btw... [edit: I saved you the trouble and put you on ignore.]

We have had several conversations over the years on this forum about the footage in question. I've mentioned it several times on the show and it's both on my website and on my Youtube channel. You fail to mention that I DID answer your question, and then put some humor into the post which you gleefully jumped on as ammunition for your negative comments. Please do us both a favor and put me on ignore and don't attempt to engage w/ me here on out. You evidently have a bug up yer ass about me—that's why you can't wait to jump on anything I post that you can misconstrue, twist or whine about from you lofty anonymous sniffy perch. Thanks!

I am going to take this head on because I am not wrong here. I genuinely came on to this thread because it was interesting.

Is it true I was civil and even said the project was interesting on my very first post - Yes
Did you not post a video in this this discussion thread - Yes
Did I know any back history on the video - No, hence my question
Did the first part of your post include humor - Yes
Did I knowledge that and reply in kind - Yes (bullet point #1 on my reply)

So we are all good here....no bug up my ass, but then YOU posted the following opinion of my post...

"A bit disheartening that I suggest a way for people to help me finally make this project a reality and there's one response (me) that ignores the reason for the post. Seems as if this forum has been run into the ground."

My thoughts reading your opinion of my post: "Wait, wow, what did I do that was so horrible, why was asking a question about a video directly tied to the thread evidence the forum has been run to the ground? Is it because I didn't just blindly donate money, no questions asked, well if that's the case, that is totally unreasonable."

If anyone reads this and thinks I was unreasonable at the start of this, they need their eyes examined. The only reason I was offended was because my honest post was characterized as evidence the forum has gone to hell, behind some pretty vulgar language that I did not use. That is unfair, and I won't let it slide, because I am not wrong here.

Last edited:
Very cool project. What was the object in the video test file you posted? Even with the cameras in place, it would be hard to effectively establish if it were a plane, saucer, or consumer drone.

I appreciate withoutlimits09's honest question. I also appreciate Christopher O'Brien's honest answer in the first part of his post. Love the humor. But the rest that eventuated between the two posters is unfortunate - it is great that there is humor, not so great that Chris took the opportunity to get his feathers ruffled. Withoutlimits09 is correct - he is not wrong in this instance.

This is a very interesting and exciting project. Kudos to Chris!

But it will only achieve credibility (and notice) as a research project if it can sustain significant questioning. So, Chris, hold onto your hat! It's going to be a bumpy ride! Welcome to the world of 'peer review' (of a kind).

Last edited:
I appreciate withoutlimits09's honest question. I also appreciate Christopher O'Brien's honest answer in the first part of his post. Love the humor. But the rest that eventuated between the two posters is unfortunate - it is great that there is humor, not so great that Chris took the opportunity to get his feathers ruffled. Withoutlimits09 is correct - he is not wrong in this instance.

This is a very interesting and exciting project. Kudos to Chris! But it will only achieve credibility (and notice) as a research project if it can sustain significant questioning. So, Chris, hold onto your hat! It's going to be a bumpy ride! Welcome to the world of 'peer review' (of a kind).

I appreciate that. Perhaps the forums have not gone to complete hell, like Chris contends. There are still some objective and fair posters on this site. Thank you.

I think his project has merit and I hope people invest in it.

I appreciate that. Perhaps the forums have not gone to complete hell, like Chris contends. There are still some objective and fair posters on this site. Thank you.
You are very kind. Thank you. :) And you're welcome.
I think his project has merit and I hope people invest in it.
It will have even more success if there is a real rough-and-tumble question-and-answer here on this thread. Prove yourself, Chris, and the money may indeed flow. Just a hunch.

The very nature of UFOlogy, especially given it's history across so many decades, demands cynicism and the canny eye. Welcome it, I say! If research can sustain such then it will be good research indeed. JMO.

Back