• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Yakutsk Air Traffic Control UFO

Mmm... no attribution/dates on any of the YouTube copies. Obviously the clip has been edited, opening with the ATC tower int. & cutting suddenly to the action on the monitor. At no point do we see the camera pan out even an inch from the display once it is in shot, which would place the display in the ATC tower. That would suggest that the close up footage of the display could have been filmed elsewhere, with the opening shot of the empty ATC tower being added to suggest that all the action took place there.

The audio is clearly overdubbed also as we hear the same levels from the beginning despite the camera/phone supposedly shifting position in the tower as we cut to the display. The audio track also sounds like a recording taken from the data logger directly & then dubbed on. The mic in the camera would pick up all kinds of ambient noise in the ATC tower if this was filmed live as we are led to believe.

Anyone speak Russian... ?

Mmm... no attribution/dates on any of the YouTube copies. Obviously the clip has been edited, opening with the ATC tower int. & cutting suddenly to the action on the monitor. At no point do we see the camera pan out even an inch from the display once it is in shot, which would place the display in the ATC tower. That would suggest that the close up footage of the display could have been filmed elsewhere, with the opening shot of the empty ATC tower being added to suggest that all the action took place there.

The audio is clearly overdubbed also as we hear the same levels from the beginning despite the camera/phone supposedly shifting position in the tower as we cut to the display. The audio track also sounds like a recording taken from the data logger directly & then dubbed on. The mic in the camera would pick up all kinds of ambient noise in the ATC tower if this was filmed live as we are led to believe.

Anyone speak Russian... ?

My concerns as well.

Plain jane control tower, showing CRT type screens that are maybe 8"diags, then the display footage is a modern VGI type, seems a little fishy.

As for speaking Russian, I do not, but I'll try and get into contact with some of my friends that do...I might be able to get a loose transcript.

Back