• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Would the Paracast be better off without Gene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheaOlmsford

Paranormal Adept
Just asking....when I think of the PARACAST, I think of David Biedny. When I think of the person who kept the time clock and announced time for a commercial, I think of Gene. In other words, the true substance of the interviews to me has been David. He will be missed.

I know this is a cruel thing to ask, but would the concept of a Paracast show be better off without Gene? There must be better ways for someone who is perennially broke to make a living than announcing when it is time for a commercial break.

I realize that by posting this thread, I am effectively excommunicating myself from the forum. I think I must only sigh with relief, since there are so many more important ways to spend time, especially at 57, when so much time has already passed!

Take care, everyone.

Just asking....when I think of the PARACAST, I think of David Biedny. When I think of the person who kept the time clock and announced time for a commercial, I think of Gene. In other words, the true substance of the interviews to me has been David. He will be missed.

I know this is a cruel thing to ask, but would the concept of a Paracast show be better off without Gene? There must be better ways for someone who is perennially broke to make a living than announcing when it is time for a commercial break.

I realize that by posting this thread, I am effectively excommunicating myself from the forum. I think I must only sigh with relief, since there are so many more important ways to spend time, especially at 57, when so much time has already passed!
I rea
Take care, everyone.

I really would have thought that by the age of 57 you might have learned when to speak your mind and when to just keep it to yourself. This is not personal, I dont know you and freedom of speech is a great thing and all but on a human level your thoughts and timing are truly inhuman.

All this from the BIGGEST loser, idiot waste of space on planet Paracast.

Peace from the floor of Hell, and LONG LIVE THE PARACAST,

Love ya Gene,

Mark

I think this thread was created solely so the author could see how many responses he would get, which is pretty pathetic.
Why join a forum, then bash the only remaining host of the radio show. Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but it came off as rude and thoughtless.

If you don't like Gene, then how bout you make your own paranormal radio show . It's not exactly easy and it sure ain't cheap , but hey , if you think you can do it , then lets hear it.

Gene, I was actually quite angry when I opened this topic. You have a heck of a lot of fans here, and you do a wonderful job .
Long may you continue my friend .

57? Years? I ask, because the opening post in this thread sounds like it was written by someone with the diplomacy and judgement of someone of 57 months. The whole post is tactless, insensitive, and also, seems somewhat attention-seeking. If Gene left too, there would be no Paracast at all, would there? Why even bring this subject up, other than to stir the pot?

57? Years? I ask, because the opening post in this thread sounds like it was written by someone with the diplomacy and judgement of someone of 57 months. The whole post is tactless, insensitive, and also, seems somewhat attention-seeking. If Gene left too, there would be no Paracast at all, would there? Why even bring this subject up, other than to stir the pot?

Thanks for the support. And, remember, every radio show also needs an Executive Producer who puts the pieces together and keeps the entire enterprise running, even if that person doesn't take the credit. :)

Thanks for the support. And, remember, every radio show also needs an Executive Producer who puts the pieces together and keeps the entire enterprise running, even if that person doesn't take the credit. :)

Exactly. Of course there's always going to be the people who seek the limelight - that's why they hand out best actor and director awards at the Academy Awards each year. But when it comes time to collect the award for best picture, who takes it? The producer, i.e. the guy who puts it all together, and gives those other people the space and opportunity to do what they do well.

Is David a more "forceful" personality? Absolutely. Nothing wrong with that at all. He was good at what he did (and perhaps will be again). But Gene was the glue - the producer, if you will.

Having co-hosted an episode with Gene, I can say this - he's a giving co-host, who allows those of us with the bigger egos (and David and I both have pretty big egos) room to act. Never, ever underestimate how important that is.

All of which leaves out the fact that Gene is a pretty damn good host himself! :)

Paul

One thing you have to say about life on this earth (and membership on this Forum), you never cease to be amazed . . .

So beyondthestargate joins on 2.23.10 and starts this thread in a mere two weeks. I would think someone would be a contributor to such a forum for much longer before he or she would cast such an ugly, large stone. Alas, beyondthestargate has the right to post what is on his or her mind I guess. I don't know if banishing is in order, after all, beyondthestargate, David was the one doing most of the banning on the forums, as far as I know. But, since I don't wish to hear anymore of that talk, I will simply place beyondthestargate on ignore.

I am sure the Paracast will continue and be a fine show with Gene at the helm. Of course David will be missed -- that goes without saying. But I don't necessarily think that means the show will degrade at all. I simply think that those of us that have grown accustom to David and his straightforwardness, wit, and sometimes well-directed combativeness will miss that familiar style. Gene and guest hosts will step in and do a fine job. I am also 100% positive that there will be shows that excel, and some guest hosts will become very, very popular and become regular fixtures, quickly filling the void David left and carving out their own niche with the Paracast audience.

I am new to both the paracast and to the forums, and wanted to say that I am fan of both Gene and David. I was disappointed to hear the David would be taking a break, but I think that Gene will be able to carry things until he decides to return. Would it still be the paracast if neither Gene or David were hosting the show?

I am new to both the paracast and to the forums, and wanted to say that I am fan of both Gene and David. I was disappointed to hear the David would be taking a break, but I think that Gene will be able to carry things until he decides to return. Would it still be the paracast if neither Gene or David were hosting the show?

The Tonight Show survived without Steve Allen, Jack Paar, and Johnny Carson, but only briefly without Jay Leno before he returned. :D

I listen to a small number of podcasts in this genre, as I'm sure many others do. I find myself always coming back to The Paracast for one reason... The Paracast has never pandered to it's guests.

While I wish David well and hope he returns, there simply is no replacement for Gene's years of experience, general knowledge of, and participation in the paranormal arena on The Paracast. Many of us have absolutely no idea how much work goes into producing each episode of this podcast; from arranging and scheduling guests, finding sponsors, doing the actual interviews, to post production.

So in general response to the OP: No. And I daresay that you couldn't put on a podcast of one tenth the quality if you tried.

WOW, what a complete prick! Sorry, I really do not possess the eloquence to denounce this shitty post cerebrally. I tend to attack with copious quantities of brute force and ignorance. Somehow the latter seems appropriate. So with that in mind, this little stargate prick can suck it. To hell with him. Sorry if that offends anyone. I was never any good at taking the high road.

er... so David has gone, and you want Gene to go too... so that leaves um......???

Gene is 50% of the paracast and in my opinion brings the following things:
- He often keeps the topic on track when it goes off on a tangent
- He does the production
- He throws in some terrible jokes, and I happen to love terrible jokes
- He has been in the field since before the dinosaurs so he is able to give knowledgeable bits of infomation and annecdotes from times when he met the various characters such as Keyhoe etc

Sure David tends to do more of the talking, but can you seriously imagine how the show would be with 2 Davids!!?? I think Dave himself would be the first one to tell you that that would be a recipe for disaster... this show only has room for one hellraiser.

Honestly there is only one person that can fill Gene's boots... and thats Gene

Now lets everyone stop banging on about people quitting the paracast.... enjoy the great shows with the guest hosts, and wait for David to get back to give us some more Paracast Gold.

I am really surprised at the theme of this thread. Quite frankly I am baffled by the presumption of the thread starter.

Take care, everyone.

NO Gene, no Paracast, simple! No beyoncestargate, one less attention seeking drama queen! ...."effectively excommunicating myself from the forum"...you got that right, brother!!! Consider your self alienated. (or extra testicled...I mean extra terrestrialed) if you like.

beyondthestargate,

You've been fairly clever with your clues, but I think I've been able to put the pieces together. Before you leave, if you choose to do so, perhaps you'd like to share your true identity with everyone?

I for one really appreciate Gene moreso than I ever would Dave. I don't disagree with many of David's points but I definately disagree on how he presented them at times. Gene's even handed balancing act is the only reason I continue to listen, when David would get carried away Gene would gently reel him back in, thats not an easy job. I personally am excited to experience Gene with some new blood. This is not a real knock on David, everyone has their bad points, I just don't personally tend to like his manner. I do however, enjoy listening to Gene, so I think he'll do great. I love the guest hosts so far so I hope you continue to carry on the show Gene, it's good to have a professionally done podcast in the paranormal field. Good luck.

Gene and Dave are both good enough to do their own shows if they wanted to I'm sure, but when they work so well together as a team, why would anyone want that? Either could survive, but neither would be better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back