• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Would the Paracast be better off without Gene?

Free episodes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this is a moot point, because Gene's not going anywhere, but just because Gene is the good cop doesn't mean he's not a cop. Listen again to some of the shows. David emotes more and talks more, but Gene is NOT afraid to confront a guest if necessary. His BS filter is functioning fine.

You've been fairly clever with your clues, but I think I've been able to put the pieces together. Before you leave, if you choose to do so, perhaps you'd like to share your true identity with everyone?

I don't think there's any deception about identity here. He asked me to ban him. His posts about Ritmann, Vaeni, and Strieber were pretty good, so I wrote back to him and told him that I really didn't want to do that and encouraged him to stay. He said something to the effect that this was addictive and he couldn't stay away so that's why he wanted to be banned. (This is the third time I've seen this behavior.) I think this is his way to ban himself. He thought he would be banned for this thread. It's a credit to Gene's character that he did not do that. He has amazing tolerance.

He said something to the effect that this was addictive and he couldn't stay away so that's why he wanted to be banned. (This is the third time I've seen this behavior.) I think this is his way to ban himself. He thought he would be banned for this thread. It's a credit to Gene's character that he did not do that. He has amazing tolerance.

Weird. But that makes sense. I found many of his posts to be very articulate and thoughtful, even if I didn't agree with everything he said. But he didn't come off as a loon, to me anyway. That personal attack on Gene seemed to come out of nowhere, so thanks for the explanation. It's interesting that you've seen this kind of thing before, too.

OK. I've had enough. He's being abusive. I banned him as per his request. I did have a conversation with him and agreed with a couple of his points, but I see little value in him continuing to abuse the show or the forums.

It's a credit to Gene's character that he did not do that. He has amazing tolerance.

Gene seems alright and this thread's op is a bit daft but one would have to be a right knobhead to ban him for making it, so I would hardly say that 'amazing tolerance' is demonstrated thereby.

Gene seems alright and this thread's op is a bit daft but one would have to be a right knobhead to ban him for making it, so I would hardly say that 'amazing tolerance' is demonstrated thereby.

Point of order: As Schuyler pointed out a few messages back, he banned the member in question at that member's request. :D

Is there anyone who would object to closing this thread? I'm thinking everyone has had a chance to weigh in and that it is not serving any good purpose for any of us. I'll wait a spell to see what you have to say.

Point of order: As Schuyler pointed out a few messages back, he banned the member in question at that member's request. :D

Oh, yes, of course - I wasn't implying otherwise. I certainly wasn't implying anyone here is a knobhead - I was just pointing out that not banning him for making the op of this thread (ie. not being a knobhead) was hardly indicative of amazing tolerance.

Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood;)

/srs bsns:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back