• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why do some people see UFOs, others not...

Graphimancer

Skilled Investigator
Question: Why do some people see UFOs more than others?

Most people go through life and never see one. Some people have multiple sightings. Some people claim to be able to “vector in” UFOs, although the hows and whys of this elude me.

What makes these people different from each other? Is it simply the scarcity of UFOs, or does it have something to do with the viewer? If it is the latter, that tells us something about the subject.

Please note, I’m not talking about about hoaxers and deluded people here. Faking evidence, or taking pictures of distant planes landing, or any of the other identification mistakes don’t figure into this. I’m talking about honest people who see something that is pretty much unexplainable.

Scott,

I wish I could offer you an answer, but as someone who has seen UFOs more than once, I'll tell you that I'm at a loss for an explanation.

dB

Thanks, Gents!

David: Listening to your experiences, when Gene hasn't seen any, is one of the seeds that inspired this question.

In events like the Phoenix Lights, or your sighting in South America, obviously those are multi-witness events and it's a case of being in the right (or wrong) place at the right time for a sighting.

Beyond that, some people just seem to be High Strangeness magnets. I have no good UFO sighting, but I've seen and encountered ghosts and apparitions many times in my life. I've seen everything from mild poltergeist activity to a ghost pull itself together out of mist. Maybe it's because I'm receptive to it, but I've seen a lot of this type of ghostly activity over the years. I'm not bragging or asking anyone to believe my statement, and there's no need to discuss it anyway because this is the UFO subforum.

But, this strangeness attraction factor for me does not carry over to UFOs. My sole experience in this regard is seeing some dancing lights above the treeline in the nighttime sky in 1993. I've ruled everything out that it could have been (helicopters, search lights, etc.), but, while I don't know what I saw, in the end it was still just lights in the sky. For years I was very anti-UFO, and I referred to this encounter as "earth lights."

On the ATS board, some people talk about vectoring in UFOs, using some sort of psychic/mental state to call UFOs to appear. If this was provable, I would draw some very definate conclusions (many of which I covered in the Gray Alien thread).

Jim Marrs talked about a guy who summoned UFOs. Dr. Greer claims he can do so, although I find this very dubious. Wilhelm Reich inadverdantly summoned various UFOs when working with orgone. Lots of people think they can do this summoning, so I have to wonder if this is really a separate field from nuts & bolts UFOs (the types with trace effects, or debris, or radar signatures, you get the idea.)

In other words, are UFO summoners playing with self-delusion or the cosmic trickster?

My vote would be for the cosmic trickster. Whatever or whoever has the abilty to mess with our (people who have experieced the non nuts and bolts aspect of the UFO phenomenon) connsciousness or perceptions of reality.

The cosmic trickster can eventually lead to delusional thinking and actions..i.e. the money making save the world people in this field.

Some people spend their time looking around them, and where their feet are going.

Some of us look up in the sky all the time, in the vain hope that some alien might take pity on us and take us to a world where things are better.

Those of us who look up all the time, see things. The rest of the sheep don't.

Well, Tommy, while I appreciate the answer, I wouldn't call all non-experiencers sheep who don't look up. I've had a lifetime of encounters with the paranormal, and I'm educated and aware of a great many things, but I haven't seen much in way of UFOs.

You yourself in the black triangle forum mentioned that you needed to hang around with people who see the triangles so you can catch sight of one. This suggested to me that some people are more attuned to certain phenomina than others, and that the role of the viewer does play an important part in the experience.

"Eventually, I'll see one of these black triangles. That is, if I hang out with more people who see them on a regular basis. I got a new digital camera, and know how to use it." Was your post.

I would suggest that there is something about you that puts you in the right place at the right time to see the things you see. (I don't know what you've seen, but I assume it's UFOs from what you've said.)

I have pulled back the curtain from the mystery of the UFO. I have solved it, I know all of the answers. I deserve to have my statue erected in a town square somewhere in Europe, with a name plate made of gold, a twinkling diamond border, my hand reaching into the sky for some distant star or planet or galaxy.

The answer is a diagnosis, and it is Chronic Cosmic Parasitosis. Some people see more UFOs than others because the Cosmic Parasite finds it easier to feed on them that way.

Ask Professor J. Scott Vinaver. His doctoral thesis was on this very subject, CPT (Cosmic Parasite Theory).

I hope nobody really took my post seriously. I've seen some weird stuff in my lifetime. I don't see myself being any more different or any more special than anyone else.

I believe it's Synchronicity. The right place, right time, and a just a pinch of luck.

People can lose their car keys in minutes, and still be in the same room with them. You can be on the right stretch of high way, and have a UFO flying right above you, and never see it.

I've seen the glowing orb type of UFO, I've seen daytime discs. I've never seen a triangle UFO, but imagine that someday I probably will.

As far as Cosmic Parasite theory goes, never heard of it, but am going to read up on it.

Do research it, yes. Dr. J. Scott Vinaver is a professor of exobiology at Mt. Luna University. It's just down the street from Hotel Luna and Luna's Pass Hospital.

Tommy Allison said:
Some people spend their time looking around them, and where their feet are going.

Some of us look up in the sky all the time, in the vain hope that some alien might take pity on us and take us to a world where things are better.
Ahh. This second variety must be the folks I see tripping and falling on their faces all the time.

Enough bumps on the head and you're bound to start seeing things. :D

I've only seen one thing in the sky I could not identify, just for a second.
I don't think it was any kind of craft, though. It looked more organic.

Tommy, I didn't take your "sheep" comment personally, I just wanted to point out that some of us are wide awake and paying attention, and yet not part of the Star Brothers mindset.

I could buy into the cosmic trickster element going hand in hand with emotion parasite from other diminsions, but I don't think that crosses over into physical ufos that leave trace evidence and/or material.

It's funny, but the more I read, the more I realize that is one slippery ass subject, with so many variations as to be really hard to pin down. I guess I understand why some people take a stance and don't deviate, because how else are most people supposed to make sense of all this.

While almost anything can be misunderstood or explained away ad-nauseum, sometimes you just have to trust that what you see is what you think you saw. At very least, what you percieved is then part of your own reality, even if it doesn't cross into other peoples realities.

Man, I hope that made sense. Head colds suck.

My spouse died for a brief time when he was a teenager. As a result, he's one weird character, but no one will ever know except me and I only know an infinitesimal bit of the high strangeness he's encountered. He blocks it out and has only alluded to any of it after we saw our first ufo in broad daylight, a white, seamless bullet shaped object at about ten thousand feet whose front end appeared to be cloaked in a mirage type effect, wavy heat seen on a road surface in the distance.

Even stranger to me, we seem to have had our attention called to the sky by a red plane with one propeller buzzing us twice just before the sighting. It was very irritating, but it seemed like a call to attention.

He's even told me when to look at the sky for something strange because he just knows when they're there. Often, they're just too far away to get a good look at, but he doesn't look with me. Doesn't want to see his feeling confirmed. The last one was huge and some fifteen miles away. That one probably gave him night terrors because he will no longer tell me when to look, he won't discuss the sightings and he avoids any conversation about them. And I don't see them when he isn't around.

I'm not sure one has to have a specific frame of mind or some link to some ethereal realm, but my experiences suggest that there may have to be some sort of openness on the part of someone in a group. We never had a sighting (at least I never did) before I decided to get off the fence on the issue, that there had to be something to the stories credible people were telling. Within a month of having made that decision, wham.

I'm very sorry for your husband's pain. A corolary in the ghost world would be abusive spirit attacks that seem to focus on a victim over time. It's a shame.

Uri Gellar, whatever you might think of him, once said that he sees UFOs all the time. I guess we are all radio recievers of a sort, and we have different band widths for the realms that we can see/experience.

For my own part, I have no wish to be abducted or interfered with, but I would like to have some confirmation that the case for ufo's is real in some fashion, and not a big, delusional paradigm cobbled together by generations of magical thinking people. Let's face it, we all know that fictions over time can collect all sorts of weight and become more or less accepted by weight of history and accretion.

For those of you who are experiencers, you "know" what you've seen, and you don't have to be convinced or hang it on faith. What you've seen is what you've seen. I'm no Doubting Thomas, but all I've seen is lights dancing in the sky in 1993, and, while it gave me a case of creeps, and seemed very "wrong" to my senses and understanding of the world, in the end I can't really say what I saw.

I was pretty much anti-ufo until I had a transformational experience in a Chicago hote room in July of last year, and I can't even really tell what happened there for sure. I've thought about contacting the Indiana chapter of Mufon and seeing if they could hook me up with a qualified hypnotherapist, but then maybe it's better that I don't remember.

It's very likely that my path to truth lies somewhere else than the ufo community.

With all the people that see UFO's, why can't we get one good picture?? Greer has this so-called Disclosure movement, yet ironically he doesn't disclose a damn thing. Neither does anyone else.

It indicates to me that a lot of this phenomenon is deeper than physical reality. And perhaps we can't get a picture because there is nothing to take a picture of. Perhaps this is an outward or inward potrayal of something deep in the recesses of our minds. Maybe even archetypes, although I'm not well versed in Jungian theories.

I have asked a question to Ritzmann about the nature of repeat experiencers. And I was even more confused by his answer. But the fact that some people have repeat experiences can us help understand what it is that is being experienced. And the nature of repeaters seems to be different than the one-timers. I'd like to think this tells us something about either the sightings or the sighters.

If a trickster is at play, then hell, we'll never understand anything. And that may be the case, which is subject for much discussion. I have to look at this phenomenon from the outside because I've never seen one. And this still leaves me with a certain amount of objectivity when thinking about it.

What I know is that the experience of many people is real(whatever real is). But the NDE's of some people seem real as well. And in NDE's people seem to see whatever they believe in. Some see Jesus, some see grandma and soforth. And although we may not have an apparent belief in UFO's, perhaps there is a genetic or neurological trigger that manifests itself as a UFO in our conscience. And as humans, maybe we have this embedded in our psyche.

On the other hand, humans are exploring beyond our own planet and it is reasonable to extrapolate that we may visit other habitable areas of the galaxy and vice versa if there is intelligent life out there. So this example is not a part of our psyche, but a physical reality. I think this is why I can still respect the works of Freidman and Valle alike. They both cover different aspects of the same phenomenon. And maybe there is a nuts and bolts AND a multi-dimensional or conscious part to it. But I suppose this doesn't necessarily do anything to answer the question of why people see UFO's.

And I think I may have contradicted myself. See how damn confusing it is to come to any type of reasoning that makes sense?

And I think I may have contradicted myself. See how damn confusing it is to come to any type of reasoning that makes sense?

Absolutely. I think most of us trip over ourselves all the time. I sometimes wonder if someone is having a great big laugh over it too.

Scott, interesting story. I have some sympathy for you as well. I don't think I would want to know if I'd had any contact.

Thanks to both of you. It's nice to be able to tell my experiences in an environment where people don't automatically make assumptions about your intent or grasp on reality. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I take people at word if they don't have some alterior reason to tell tall tales. (When I say "take them at their word," this doesn't mean I believe everything they say. It does mean that I believe they are telling the truth as they see it, and that they did have an experience of some kind that is legitimate to them.)

Some people are clearly hoaxers and fabulists, but once you know they are trying to hawk books or videos you can usually see the verbal sleight of hand going on.

I've told few people what happened to me in Chicago, and I think I'll keep it that way for now. So far, the long term results haven't been all bad, thank goodness.

I've asked myself this very question. I've seen 3 different types of ufos at 3 different stages in my life. I wondered if all 3 were just random luck or if they meant to be seen. I also wondered if I was just a lucky sight-seer or if these were actually beings who were/are aware of me and wanted me to see. Is it possible they were checking in on me for whatever reason? I have never seen extraterrestrials, have no memories of abduction, and don't even see ghosts, but for whatever reason, I've seen various forms of ufos. They were fascinating experiences.

I've asked myself this very question. I've seen 3 different types of ufos at 3 different stages in my life. I wondered if all 3 were just random luck or if they meant to be seen. I also wondered if I was just a lucky sight-seer or if these were actually beings who were/are aware of me and wanted me to see.

You (and others) should see The Alien Grand Design. It opines that UFOs and associated entities want to be seen, albeit only occasionally for now, to slowly inure humanity to their reality, and presence.

This is close to the effects seen by two eyewitness and the object shot down from a star shape at extreme speed then stopped and moved zig zag and hovered Eye Hight. Next , the object increased in depth and shape glowing white , orange and then green to purple. As it increased in size the dimensional changes that made the eyewitness were able to walk through inside was another World .

Green grass and blue sky daytime with vast area multiple planets were seen in the sky . No sci-fiction Decades-Long Quest Reveals Details of the Proton’s Inner Antimatter next was the image of objects standing on the hill above and rivers flowing with pebbles on the side . Then step back out the object closed to eye length and hovered four a long time scanning both of us. It moved zig zag and lifted slowly above and then others came down to meet then shot back into the sky at tremendous speed.

It choose the person not the other way around and science will find the answers working with eyewitness not ridicule them either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back