• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast With Gene?

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast with Gene?

• Greg Bishop

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Don Ecker

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Micah A. Hanks

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paul Kimball

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Christopher O'Brien

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • David Sereda

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Frank Warren

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Joshua P. Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above!

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
I may be just thinking things but Don Ecker has been involved with the paracast since i can remember and id love to hear him as a special co host.

I'm a little behind in the episodes list (shame on me). In which episode, if any, David announces his time off?

Don Ecker 100%!

Long time lurker here on the forums, and listener since day one. Keep up the good work Gene & Company!

If we're not getting Mr Biedny back at some point, then Don Ecker is my choice for co-host.

gene i think you do a great job on your own! it's also nice to hear you with various guests...
i at first missed david but then i read a post of his telling people to boycott the paracast due to UFO Magazine's newest ads on the show and realized what a bloated, whiny, freaky baby he is... later david! quit and be gone if that's what you are going to do! no need to use the actual show's forum to try and tell people not to listen to it. that is just insane, immature, and ridiculously egotistical.

anyway, i love the show. biedny wants to quit, well good riddance... i'm still going to listen, gene, and i'm sure everyone else will as well.

How about having Peter Robbins co-host a show or two?

I really enjoyed him when he was on the show. He's an interesting speaker and has a pretty balanced approach to the UFO subject. Also, I once saw him give a talk on Wilhelm Reich and orgone energy which was fascinating. I think he'd ask some good questions of any guest.

How about Nick Redfern? I've seen him speak a few times and the guy seems to do a lot of digging. Plus the accent is pleasing.

I also like the idea of getting someone outside of the normal sphere of the Paracast who could bring some fresh perspective? What about James Carrion as a host for a show or two? Vallee? Maybe those guys are just too busy.

Nick will be featured as a panelist in our episode about Mac Tonnies' final book. Also in a future episode being worked on now.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Gene I really like what you are doing with the show now and wish you continued success. I really didn't like David much and I am glad he is gone. I hope you and David have worked out your issues.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Gene I really like what you are doing with the show now and wish you continued success. I really didn't like David much and I am glad he is gone. I hope you and David have worked out your issues.

So far as I'm concerned, there are no issues. As recounted elsewhere, David felt it was time for him to get out of this business and concentrate on more conventional pursuits.

Here's the original announcement, which contains his resignation letter:

David Biedny

I think I completely understand where David is coming from. If he felt that strongly and was seeing that kind of effect on his life, his decision was certainly the right one.

His body of work is excellent and we'll miss him.

I like Don Ecker. He's got the historical-critical background. The knowledge he brings to the table would help the show stay interesting when it is saddled with a disappointing guest. But, frankly, Don is a leading man. He might work as a color analyst, an ace-up-the sleeve.

I'm afraid I'm a superficial production-values type guy and good voice combos mean something to me. I like Paul Kimbal and Greg Bishop. Not necessarily in that order. It just so happens that with these two you also get a good knowledge base. For me, they blend with Gene really well.
I don't think Don blends as well with Gene from a voice standpoint. Don has a really strong voice and he can overpower the mike at times. If he is the choice, I'd do some gain manipulation on him.

I'm used to him being in the driver's seat.

Back