• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast With Gene?

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast with Gene?

• Greg Bishop

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Don Ecker

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Micah A. Hanks

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paul Kimball

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Christopher O'Brien

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • David Sereda

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Frank Warren

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Joshua P. Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above!

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
Don Ecker would be my choice, but I'd prefer if David Biedny came back. As someone who doesn't regularly follow the forums (up until now) I would've been shocked to find out on the next podcast.

Greg gets my vote. He's intelligent and well versed in all manner of Fortean subjects. As an aside, I would like to see The Paracast continue to branch out and start doing more non-UFO related shows (as long as the guests remain interesting, credible, and not too far out).

Over the past six months I have been a guest on several dozen radio shows and podcasts talking about my latest book. Unlike the nineties where I was forced to answer questions by clueless hosts of drive-time talk-radio shows in major markets, this latest go around has exposed me to the "best" of the up2speed paranormal subject hosts. I must say, sadly, that there are only a handful of shows that deserve a serious listen by those with a deep interest in paranormal subjects. Besides Dave and Gene (whom I consider to be the very best in the biz) I am most impressed with the following hosts: Any of these would make (IMO) excellent guest hosts to help Gene out in the interim.

(in no particular order :)

Greg Bishop
George Knapp
John Greenewald
Tim Binnall
Micah Hanks
Joshua Warren
Don Ecker (I haven't been on his show, but enjoy listening to DM)

I was hoping to find Tim Binnall's name on the "Poll List" but I did not. I hope there is a way to add him to the list provided he has the time and willingness to co-host with Gene.

Great list of candidates in the poll (including the humorous one :).

Big name I didn't see on the list or in the thread (sorry if I missed a post, I'm reading quickly at the moment) which comes to mind is Robert Hastings, who I know participates here. Unfortunately (for these purposes, though not for others!) I know he's on a busy schedule with engagements.

But yeah, that's a pretty great list of candidates. Happy to hear them involved. Enjoyed Frank this week!

Great list of candidates in the poll (including the humorous one :).

Big name I didn't see on the list or in the thread (sorry if I missed a post, I'm reading quickly at the moment) which comes to mind is Robert Hastings, who I know participates here. Unfortunately (for these purposes, though not for others!) I know he's on a busy schedule with engagements.

But yeah, that's a pretty great list of candidates. Happy to hear them involved. Enjoyed Frank this week!

I also enjoyed this weeks show with Frank. Thank you sir !

Bill Birnes? I think he's looking for work.

I added Bill Birnes as a friend on Facebook.

He accepted.

I lol'd.

(on a brighter note, Mr. Ecker has my vote, though I understand he's committed to his own radio work. It's more of a sympathy vote)

Note... vote... it rhymes!

Hello. I am a long time listener, and this is my first time to post on the forum. Angelia Joiner would be great as a co-host.

Thanks for your show - it is one of my favorites.

Have a great day!

Hey, I just thought of a reason it should be Sereda! First name David, six-letter, three syllable last name, even the stress on the second syllable. Bee-ED-nee, Se-REE-duh!

You could change all the Paracast ID's from "You're in the Paracast with Gene Steinberg and David Biedny" to "...Gene Steinberg and David Sereda" with a minimum of editing! :D

(do I even need to say "just kidding...?"

A pox on you!

When I created this poll , I actually overlooked George Knapp, and I now wish he was also in the mix. He'd be a great choice to host a show or two in the future as well. That is, if the mustachioed wonder won't mind him moonlighting away from C2C :)

When I created this poll , I actually overlooked George Knapp, and I now wish he was also in the mix. He'd be a great choice to host a show or two in the future as well. That is, if the mustachioed wonder won't mind him moonlighting away from C2C :)

Since he works as a weekend host on Coast to Coast, I don't know if Clear Channel would allow him, but he'll certainly be back as a guest in the near future. I've already been in touch with him. :)

I've been away from the board and the computer since my hard drive started a slow but devastating death. Lotta other things kept me away ... life, what an adventure, eh?

Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear of Dave's decision and hope it doesn't stick. With that, Gene makes me giggle and he has had many years to ponder many of the topics that interest me. He'll do just fine with a guest host or on his lonesome. So there!

I like all the suggestions for guest host so far, but there are times I'd like to walk the more bizarre side of those brain-wracking mysteries. So once in a while I'd love to hear Micah or Chris O'Brien in the cockpit too. They aren't apologetic for stepping over lines others dare not cross. Quite refreshing.

Gene should consider running with the show by himself for a while. If Coast to Coast AM works with a single host, The Paracast can as well. Besides, most people don't give Gene enough credit. He's a fantastic host.

Break a leg, Gene.

For what it's worth., a ship needs a rudder, an anchor and a sail. A compass is useless in these waters. Find someone who is hungry for answers., though not so hungry as to not spit out the bitterly false. I was in the midst of an obsession to understand the paranormal for years. It was a very, personal journey. It cost me much. And I gained a great deal., Faith, Awe, Wonder and Fear., But no clear cut answers. It's the questions., it's the questions.
I think you will do just fine., with or without a co host. I'll keep listening. A personal note to David; thank you for asking the right questions. You have enriched a lot of lives., here, at play in the quantum fields. Peace!, bro.

It's a great list but I'm partial to Christopher O'Brien. Not to take anything away from the others. Again, all star list there. But O'Brien just rules.

So , now that we've heard of the very sad news that David is taking a break from co-hosting the show ( we can hope he'll return some day ) , who do you think is bold enough, has the balls to ask the hard questions, and basically, who has the same on air chemistry with Gene ?

I've already thought of a few folks. Top of my list would have been Mac Tonnies, but as you all know , he is no longer with us:frown:

How about having Gene and Don Ecker team up !! ???

I had my run-in with Biedny but I never stopped enjoying his broadcasts. I think vocally that Greg Bishop is a better match. Don equals, if not bests, Biedny's skepticism.

Back