• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who says young people aren't interested??!!

Young ufo addict

Paranormal Novice
hey everyone...iam 19 (not so young now) but ever since i was 7 or 8 years old ive been very every interested in ufos and paranormal stuff....and i dont know why its weird for older guys to see young people into paranormal and ufos things...id like to think that this "addiction" to ufos came from my father who also loved all this...well im here to learn and i would really like to start like a small investigation group around the antelope valley in california........

Young ufo addict said:
hey everyone...iam 19 (not so young now) but ever since i was 7 or 8 years old ive been very every interested in ufos and paranormal stuff....and i dont know why its weird for older guys to see young people into paranormal and ufos things...id like to think that this "addiction" to ufos came from my father who also loved all this...well im here to learn and i would really like to start like a small investigation group around the antelope valley in california........

In my experience children these days seem more open and receptive about the paranormal than adults. Adults usually tell me the answers (without research often) while kids ask me questions.

I too, am also a 19 year old male & UFO's have been my best interest for a good 5 or so years now :)...Not going into too much detail as there is no need to delve into my past so to speak; but the Paranormal & fringe science is quite popular amoungst many other people I know personally.

Often you just have to get into a conversation with someone & after the comfortable grounds of conversing have been established; hint at something 'otherworldly' and then you'll usually know whether this is a topic they are either into or not at all hahaha...

I'm a new member to the Paracast's Forums & my best wishes go out to Dave & Gene for creating a fascinating radio program, Paracast is excellant!

Goody.

Goody,

Welcome to the Paracast forums!

So you allude to some personal experiences... I for one would love to know more. Have you seen something unusual? Also, I'm curious, where part of the country do you live in (I'm assuming the US, but I could be wrong...)

dB

Cheers for the warm welcome David it's great to be here!

Exuse this long reply & please excuse me for not getting back to you sooner in response to your last post :rolleyes:...

I've experienced a few unusual things in my time & in all honesty my strangest experience would have to be something I 'saw' traversing the night skies early last year. It is as follows:

Around 10:00pm I was heading home from my good mates house about 250 metres from my house heading roughly North-East. The night sky visibility was unbelievably clear considering my neighbourhood is littered with street lights...anyhow to the sighting.
By now I'm walking with my head pointed directly up to the stars and bathing in the awe of it all when passing very fast through my field of vision is this anomaly: 'It's a 'ball' of a golden/bronze coloured- extremely-brightly luminating light travelling at a very, very fast pace & oscillating between 2 points which would be about a 'foot' apart if you held your arms up 30 centimetres apart. Due to it's oscillating manner it looked asthough it was 'zig-zagging' through the sky! This object was brighter than any star or planet currently visible & may well have been moving at an estimated altitude of around 30,00feet or so...Hard to tell.
I was so excited I chased it (yeah I ran quite fast) down the road towards my house gawking & grinning as this was by far the coolest thing i'd ever seen in my life! It disappeared over the trees behind my house which was disappointing, but my guess is from spotting the anomaly to it's disappearance was a total of about 2 1/2 minutes.

I've also spotted 'star'-like objects moving faster than planes or satellites around my area's night sky & the most bizarre of those involved what i've conned a 'tracer star(thing)'....In other words if the first star is moving along at a fairly fast speed (looked asthough it may aswell have been in actual 'space' too) then keeping an exact proportional distance of around 1/2 foot behind it was another star, mimicking the exact route of the leading one!

I've got a few more tales under my belt of other occurances which i'll post at a later date if you David or anyone else is interested. I'm from Australia by the way, located on the East Coast of N.S.W just north of Sydney...My town is located at the bottom of a very large mountain which is where all of these incidences have occured....

Thanks for reading if you got this far I really appreciate it & again, apoligies for such a long post!

Goody.

In my opinion, today's youth are much too worried about social lives to have an interest in the paranormal. Sure, the subject has crossed many young peoples' minds, but they feel that they can't afford to be humiliated by being involved in it. I, on the other hand, started listening to either this show or mysterious universe about a year ago, and since then my level of interest has increased greatly. I started listening to about 5 different podcasts having to do with the subject (still do), and started a paranormal news blog. I'm hooked! (16 years old)

Nekrinos said:
In my opinion, today's youth are much too worried about social lives to have an interest in the paranormal. Sure, the subject has crossed many young peoples' minds, but they feel that they can't afford to be humiliated by being involved in it. I, on the other hand, started listening to either this show or mysterious universe about a year ago, and since then my level of interest has increased greatly. I started listening to about 5 different podcasts having to do with the subject (still do), and started a paranormal news blog. I'm hooked! (16 years old)

Bloody champion! :D

Say, where about's are you from Nekrinos?

Hello, I am new to the forums. My interest in UFO's and the Paranormal started at around 5. I have known forever about the subjects as a kid growing up. I am now 24. My family has had some weird encounters as I was growing up. My mother is abductee and has told me stories of it when I was growing up. I find the subject fascinating. I would like to learn more on the subject of the paranormal.

Nani said:
Hello, I am new to the forums. My interest in UFO's and the Paranormal started at around 5. I have known forever about the subjects as a kid growing up. I am now 24. My family has had some weird encounters as I was growing up. My mother is abductee and has told me stories of it when I was growing up. I find the subject fascinating. I would like to learn more on the subject of the paranormal.

Hi. Nice avatar.

If you ever feel like sharing your, or your families experiences please do. I'd like to read about them.

I see you're real into video games, me too:)

A.LeClair said:
Hi. Nice avatar.

If you ever feel like sharing your, or your families experiences please do. I'd like to read about them.

I see you're real into video games, me too:)

I'd love to read them too, please send them if you're comfortable with it =).

I still harbor resentment to the supposed secret government agent Condor who said when I was very young that the truth would eventually get out. He broke my heart. I am convinced that the powers that be put out this type of info out are attempting to purposefully disillusion people. False promises. Like the drunk who promises his kid that he will show up to his birthday.

That is why I think young people are generally less interested. These young people came of age during the period before the millenium. They had the same "promises" given to them. It is much more easy to sabatogue the long term future of UFOlogy as a field by giving many unfulfilled promises than by older forms of using intimidations/threats and ridicule.

In my experience children these days seem more open and receptive about the paranormal than adults. Adults usually tell me the answers (without research often) while kids ask me questions.

I have to agree...mention anything like UFOs or Astral Projection or things of that nature a hundred years ago and you would've been the laughing stock loon of the town....and if you go even further back you'd probably be accused of witchcraft and have yourself hanged and disemboweled....:eek:

young people are interested but there interest is not one of learning about it on there own.... If it is not going to change there lives young people cant be bothered .... if it comes on tv through tv stations like mtv there interest improves it is just a fact of life young people attention span is alot less today than of the youth ten twenty or thirty years ago.:question:

I am twenty years old and totally fascinated by this stuff. In fact when I go to college which will be soon I have even considered taking some classes on the subject. I love the paracast and listen to any other podcasts on this subject I can find I also love to surf the net and read books about the topic as well. I have had very few personal experiences but I do believe that stuff is happening and would very much like to start my own little investigation team.

p.s. I live in Boise Idaho and was wondering if anyone knows of any areas around here that have had a history of happenings dealing with either UFO's or Hauntings?

I'm 19 and in my second year of college here at Fort Lewis, and yet somehow, I still find time to learn about this kind of stuff on my own. I don't watch MTV, or any other TV channel for that matter. Hell I don't even have a TV in my dorm room. How do I find out about these things? I talk with friends. I use the internet. And of course, I remember my few experiences. Talking about the paranormal, or for that matter, talking about anything works both ways. Somebody has to ask a question for there to be an answer. So, just because you can't be bothered to try and talk to us doesn't mean we aren't interested. I'll not abide being called inattentive, much less ignorant.

Im 26 and Im tellin ya, the majority of young people in our generation are both ignorant and uninterested.

But at the same time more open.

Hey and welcome, young ufo addict!:)

I too have always been interested in UFO's/Paranormal..(and also mostly due to my dad) since the age of about 12.

I'm 25, and I've had an interest in the subject for as long as I can remember. Psychologically, you would think that I was groomed for it as I was growing up, haha. It mainly started with films, as soon as I learned the concept of what they were and could digest the information in them (As in understand what they were about). Some of them that I can remember are: The Explorers, Flight of the Navigator, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Mac and Me, E.T. (Of course), and so on. I loved those movies growing up, and later on it would translate into watching documentaries and shows revolving around the issue. I remember still being in grade school, and for my library class I would borrow out every book on UFOs they had by the end of the year. I remember being distinctly moved after reading about the famous Mantell case. Later on that curiousity would stem into watching documentaries and tv shows regarding the subject, and when the internet finally became available I began researching it on my own. But, that's enough about me.

So to what concern do these forums hope to address? The widespread interest and curiousity of youth regarding UFOs, or the future of investigation? That is to say, that there aren't enough young researchers currently out there, which I would agree with. I can think of only one, and that would be John Greenwald Jr. I have to admit I'm a little envious of his work and position, and I certainly wouldn't mind achieving the success he has. I suppose right now I'm an "arm chair researcher", but I hope to change that someday. How befitting, right? My generation, what they need is some good ol' fashioned discipline! Motivation! Haha. ;)

Back