• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber talking about the Greys

David Biedny said:
Here's what I just posted on ATS regarding Bob Dean and his wife:

--------------

After watching the Marcia Schafer segment, listening to her claims of being in touch "with many species", and looking at her facial expressions and tone of voice, I personally don't buy a word of what she's saying. She is well-spoken, but rehearsed, and nothing that she says resonates with me. The fact that her book has testimonials from the likes of Sean David Morton, Robert Miles and Zecharia Sitchin speaks volumes to me. She claims to have extensive professional credentials, but like so many people involved in the UFO/New Age fields, she has nothing to back it up. She says that she can't mention a single client or project she's worked on, that she is bound by NDAs to keep secret about her professional background, which I say is absolute nonsense. I've signed big stacks of NDAs over the years, and there's nothing to stop me from saying that I've done work with specific companies - such as Autodesk, Adobe, The Federal Trade Commission, Apple, Lucasfilm, and many, many others - I just can't provide specific project details. The idea that she can't name a single corporate client is just silly beyond belief. She claims to have hard answers about the truth behind ETs and UFOs, and in my own experience, it's become crystal clear to me that ANYONE making such claims is instantly suspect. And to top it all off, she's an animal psychic, covering all bases including talking to your pet turtle. For crying out loud, why do folks find this person to be credible?!?!

I am also in complete agreement with Jeff Ritzmann regarding Bob Dean. He tells a good story, but there is absolutely no testimony, direct or otherwise, from any other source, that substantially or even minimally backs up what he has to say. The fact that so many ATS members find this man and his wife to be credible and convincing, worries me and makes me think that there will never by any significant revealing of the actual nature of the UFO phenomenon.

The Camelot Project has assembled a group of characters that are, as a whole, the least believable people in the UFO field, and the fact that the principals were deeply involved in the Serpo garbage should tell you something about their credibility and agenda.

If this is the future of UFO research, we're in deep, deep trouble.

---------------------------------------

As someone who has undergone a significant range of paranormal activity in my life, I find that I am even more critical than I might have been otherwise, and have the emotional experience to be able to differentiate between someone recounting a fantasy versus an actual experience. Granted, subjectivity is a key component to the reality of paranormal events, but the value of the initial reaction cannot be overestimated. If something sounds like crap, chances are that it is crap. And, for my money, ANYONE who buys into the Meier garbage shows that they lack the most basic level of critical thinking, of logical thought and deductive reasoning. As I've said many times, anyone can believe in any kind of shit, but that has precious little to do with understanding the actual nature of the real world.

I don't think I'm familiar with his wife. I might head over to that thread, looks like it might be interesting.

Most of the ATS members seem really gullible. That's why I spend my time here instead.

valiens said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
valiens said:
Ray Fowler promised his wife he'd stop speaking publicly, but I'm working on getting him to do a "one night only" thing at next year's Culture of Contact festival, because the centerpiece is the Andreasson family on-stage together, with Betty's work in an art museum.

Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall hearing about his wife etc. Thanks for the reminder.

If you have him on, maybe ask him about his own abduction experiences. I've gotten the impression most people don't know he thinks he's an "abductee".

I did a paper in high school on crop circles. Back then Fowler's number was in the phone book so I looked him up and quizzed him about his thoughts. Coincidentally he had just stepped off a plane from England where he saw them for himself and had quite a bit to say. He was kind enough to chat up a kid for about an hour.

I started asking him quesitons about Betty and at one point asked if he'd been abducted or if he thought the aliens knew about him, being that he's working with her. He REALLY didn't want to talk about that other than to say he was just figuring out that he is an abductee but it's extremely personal, involves his family, and he doesn't want to get into it just yet. His voice was choking up as he spoke to where I thought he might cry. This was well over a decade ago and he's since written about it so I'm not divulging secrets or anything.

But I do want to throw it out there because when I see the word "abductee" in quotes like that I'm not sure if it means you're winking and nudging when you're writing it, but I can tell you he's sincere about this and at least back then it was traumatic to even tell a complete stranger "I don't want to talk about it."

I put the word in quotes due to me being unsure of whether or not he would use that word or not. Some people consider themselves, experiencers, contactees, or abductees, unsure etc.

Yea, he doesn't like talking about it. Guess that's why many seem to not know about it.

Interesting story you shared. Thanks.

Paranormal Packrat said:
After watching the Marcia Schafer segment, listening to her claims of being in touch "with many species", and looking at her facial expressions and tone of voice, I personally don't buy a word of what she's saying.

My impression of her also. I definitely got the "actress" vibe from her.

Her husband seems more genuine. But perhaps he's just a more experienced actor.

BrandonD said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
After watching the Marcia Schafer segment, listening to her claims of being in touch "with many species", and looking at her facial expressions and tone of voice, I personally don't buy a word of what she's saying.

My impression of her also. I definitely got the "actress" vibe from her.

Her husband seems more genuine. But perhaps he's just a more experienced actor.

Just wanted to let others know, I didn't say what was quoted, that was David I think:)

Okay this is sort of off-topic-ish...but not. Read this transcript from Oprah where Whitley is on with some Wiccan witches, a fundie Christian and a lunatic. Read it in the voice of Monty Python. It's hysterical.

Go To:

http://www.beyondcommunion.com/

Scroll down to "Television & Video." Click it.

Then Click the Oprah Winfrey Show link right there. (I'd post the direct link but there isn't one.)

I promise you it's worth a look. It just gets crazier and crazier as it goes. This is a pre-Communion interview where Whitley's promoting "Cat Magic" so it's interesting in that respect too.

Back