• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber talking about the Greys

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
I forgot how whacky his experiences were. Anyway, more parts to the side. Here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLImNqGouk4&mode=related&search=

sLImNqGouk4

Tommy A. and Mogwa, listen to part 3. The greys think the same as you two about Whitley's book. Whitley asked what's wrong with Communion and one of the aliens squats and pees something that smells like cabbage lol.

I have heard the entire book of the Grays in audiobook format...

Personally I loved this book so much, it is one fantastic read & I recommend you all check it out.

Goody.

Goody said:
I have heard the entire book of the Grays in audiobook format...

Personally I loved this book so much, it is one fantastic read & I recommend you all check it out.

Goody.

Is the book's contents the same as what he is discussing in what I posted? I'm on part12 right now.

Make it stop God, please make it stop.

Witless Streiber is a braying jackass who has never had an Extra-terrestrial Experience in his life.

The guy is a liar, a pathological liar much like so many other lying jackasses who are prominent in the field.

If I were an alien, I surely wouldn't use someone like Witless to spread the word.

I'm almost to the point where I don't believe in any of this anymore.

I think it's an error to dismiss all of Strieber's claims out of hand. Too many witnesses have come forward over the years to offer substantiating testimony that bestows at least some credence to his paranormal allegations involving himself, friends and family.
Gene made an interesting observation a few weeks ago when he pointed out possible military connections in the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. There's far more compelling evidence in Strieber's case to suggest a possible similar participation by government psyops agencies. If you have the time and inclination, doing a bit of research on Strieber's family history can reveal many interesting connections to all sorts of eccentric characters involved in some very questionable activities.
While I doubt all that has happened to Strieber and his family can be dismissed as covert deep black project manipulation, I don't accept his explanation of benign but quirky extraterrestrial "visitors" either.
One lesson I've learned when dealing with the UFO phenomenon over the last twelve years is that often takes you places you don't want to go. But I don't know of any other way to progress than to follow the evidence where it leads, or else remain content to stay in one place, churning the same empty landscape forever.

I just finished reading an online book by Katharina (forgot her last name) at http://www.alienjigsaw.com

It left me with a headache and the thought that there are just more empty landscapes to churn. I even heard footsteps running on my roof during the night after reading half the book. The mere fact that I find myself so suggestible keeps me from even daring to consider whether or not aliens have a place in my life. They do not, thank you. I thank those who are adventurous to explore and relate their experiences, but I have absolutely no desire to join you.

I think Whitley is the real deal, but who wants the insecurity all that brings with it?

Some of his experiences are definitely odd.. Maybe he's like a mental plaything for young grays and learning how to control their powers, who knows.. Where as most experiencers one can look at their experiences and wipe away the weirdness and they make sense as screen memories. Many of his don't even make sense as screen memories.

I never quite sure what to make of Strieber. On the one hand, this is the guy who basically "invented" alien abductions as we know them today (including introducing the term "anal probe" into the lexicon) something no sane person would do unless they felt they had to. On the other hand, he writes fiction. I take careful note of the fact he always seems to insert convienient little "outs" into discussion like "if this is real" or "if that actually happened". He's either genuinely confused by this or simply shrewd.

Streiber is a paid author. He gets paid to make things up for people to read. He's another one of those people out there slinging crap and hoping people buy it.

I do not believe 99 percent of the people who say they've been abducted, nor do I believe that anything Whitley says is the truth. In fact, I'm very Anti-Streiber. I'm of the mind that on any given day, I could write an alien abduction book, pawn it off as being the truth, and be just like him. Except thinner, younger, and better looking.

Budd Hopkins wrote a few books, as did several others that were heavily borrowed from, and continue to be, thus contaminating the well so to speak. Everyone who talks about their experiences pretty much says the same things.

There was a bright light. I couldn't move. Aliens touched me in funny places. They showed me their children / hybrids. Then, they told me to stop driving, save the earth, and be sure not to make any plans that might interfere with their agenda. Oh, and we're going to go after your children too.

I bet a hundred bucks, I could write a very compelling book about alien abduction, pawn it off as truth, then tell people it was all a hoax, and a lie, and there would still be people who believe every word of it. Why? Because there are people who are desperate in this world to feel special about something in their lives. Why I would choose alien abduction to fee special about would be beyond me. However, if it makes me money, then hell, I'll write a dozen books about it, and continue to lie about how me, my family, my pets, and my friends all experience stuff. That is until the money runs out.

Didn't Whitless, and Fart Bell write that reprehensible book called "The Day After Tomorrow"??? Remember how Fart used to call what's going on in the world "The Quickening" ala the movie Highlander?

When has whitless passed a lie detector test about his "experiences"? I say give the man some sodium pentethol and see if a little truth serum makes him fess up.

Tommy Allison said:
When has whitless passed a lie detector test about his "experiences"? I say give the man some sodium pentethol and see if a little truth serum makes him fess up.

If I remember correctly, he actually passed a lie detector test about the initial experiences. I don't think he's taken any tests to confirm the follow-up experiences though.

Yeah, back in 1988. I'm still skeptical. They needed to get a guy from the FBI to do it.

BrandonD said:
Tommy Allison said:

If I remember correctly, he actually passed a lie detector test about the initial experiences. I don't think he's taken any tests to confirm the follow-up experiences though.

If memory serves, he has.

Yeah, there seem to be an awful lot of fiction writers and enthusiasts, populating the entire paranormal/UFO/religious field... I am not entirely sure what it signifies, though. I think it requires a rather unusual mindset to understand and appreciate unusual events. Who said it, that you can't have both (I paraphrase): You can't have credibility, and at the same time keep an open mind.

However, there are few in official ufology I tend to take seriously - Strieber is one of them.

Ritzman once said during an interview on the Paracast that many of these folks likely had one or two odd experiences which may or may not have involved UFO occupants. This seems reasonable to me. When the encounters do not happen again, the experiencers struggle to find meaning in it all. Then they start making shit up.

I may understand the psychology of the Whitley Strieber type. "Well, that strange thing did happen to me and my friends that night at my cabin; a light shone brightly. Little men came and took me away. Maybe the little men part was a dream, maybe not. I will drag it out a bit, make stuff up, and I will turn it into a drama which explores some of the variables of the UFO mystery."

Then he writes a book called "Communion: A True Story," which makes him a millionaire. Suddenly, he has to continue telling people that, yes, it's a true story. Otherwise, he will seem all along to have been a conman and everyone will hate him for it.

To someone like Strieber, who makes stuff up for a living, what exactly does the phrase "A True Story" mean? Does he mean that he decided a long time ago that he would dramatize some of the emotional dimensions of his anomalous experience and thus write a "true" story?

The psychology of the Strieber type to me is a person who has a profound aversion to the mundane and thus infuses the extra-mundane into borderline anomalous encounters. Think of Jesus' disciples, after Jesus died, trying to understand why he died. "He was supposed to be the messiah, the anointed one, the King of Israel -- but they executed him! What does it all mean? How could this have happened? Oh! I've got it! He died on purpose! Yes, that's it: in a grotesque, pagan blood-letting ritual, he sacrificed himself and thus purchased from God forgiveness for the sins of mankind!"

Lying is an essential part of trying to understand the anomalous. We throw metaphors at the bizarre event and hope that one will stick. "It was like, like, like a spaceship came down, filled with space-people, and they poked and prodded me, scraped my skin, took my blood and my sperm, and then they put me back in my bed."

Strieber was already a best-selling horror author. A couple of books were turned into movies. He didn't need the money. Also, he has witnesses to some of the shenanigans in the cabin (and elsewhere).

Having met him and chatted extensively I can say that my Spidey Senses never went off. By all appearances he's an honest person. Steven Greer, he ain't. I think his experiences are "real," whatever that word ultimately means, and he knows how to articulate them well. Perhaps it gets muddy because he doesn't just articulate them but explores them imaginatively with "it could be this," "it felt like this" and those might not reflect what actually happened.

Also, he IS an author who is selling books. While I don't think that disqualifies him as a truth-teller there has to be an element of the salesman in the way that he tells the tale. I don't see the problem here. You can't strip him down to just the one thing because he's not all style and no substance. The substance is there in every book, not just Communion.

Anyone here read THE KEY? That's a straight up conversation he had with someone or something in a hotel room. That either happened or it didn't; that's far more straightforward than anything else he's written. Some of what this person tells Whitley is so dramatic, so stretches credulity, that you may want to put it down after page 2. But Whitley believes the conversation happened in the same way any normal conversation does. So he isn't lying. If he's wrong then wouldn't that type of wrongness--that schizophrenic delusion--bleed over into other areas? Is it possible for a mental illness like that to unfold in a perfectly intelligent narrative that evolves throughout one's life? Could a person like that keep his wife and kid? Could he write coherent books and scripts? Could he host an interview show and ask his guests intelligent questions without at some point sounding chaotic and nuts?

The dude's either lying or he isn't. Those are the choices I'm left with. Having met liars, pathological and generic, I know he's not lying. Having met "far out" delusional people, I know he's not that either. He's articulating real experience to the best of his ability. Since it falls outside the realm of what we're used to, the odds of him (or any of us) mis-perceiving or half-perceiving what's going on and trying like hell to fill in the blanks, consciously or not, are greatly against him.

Back